LJD3Tdance & Anna Vella

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ye

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
March 3rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
That is nice that they do let you stay and have the baby there, if it happens that is. I desperately wish I could have Amber in Boise, but it is just isn't in the cards. I'd go there in a heartbeat, but it'd cost too much to deliver her there.

Yeah, we've moved (little moves mainly, only one big move right at the beginning of this pregnancy) several times since having kids. But now that Courtney's in school I'd really like to stop moving. But I'm torn there too, cuz I really want to go home.

When will you be TTC number 3?

I'd actually like to try for 6 in the end. That's always been my number. But since dh says he's done at 4, I'm not thinking about 5 really yet. I'm 25, I have time, I'll try to convince him when I'm ready, which just isn't now. I've done these two pregnancies very close together and the one before that wasn't THAT far apart, so I'm ready for a break from the puking and being tired and weight gain and all that goes with this!

March 4th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
H

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
March 4th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I had always thought I'd wait two years between pregnancies/TTC for me as well, but then LJ changed all that.

I remember going through that panic with my 2nd child on the breastfeeding. I only breastfed Courtney for 12 months, she seemed to want to quit, so I did. I had planned to go for two years, but I wasn't going to keep trying if she didn't want to. But anyway, I had that same "What if I can't do it with Rock?" thing. I think even when you've had success there are just some fears. In fact in my case, especially when you've had success, I know how wonderful breastfeeding is (I'm still breastfeeding right now), so I'd be devastated if Amber didn't get it.

I don't have too much TTC experience. I was NTNP from the time I became sexually active til I got pregnant with Courtney. I truly wasn't thinking about it. That never has happened since. I was TTC Rock, but I only had one shot at it cuz dh was on his deployment then. And then with LJ it was a, oh, should have been more careful I guess, type thing. And this time I was NTNP, but not in the same way as Courtney. I knew NTNP probably meant I would get pregnant this time, before I had kids things were different.

I have a friend on another board who's trying to decide if she should go off the pill right now and start TTC or at least NTNP. She wants to know how to adjust to two, and she has friends who've told her you just do adjust, financially, physically, etc. I told her that was my experience as well. You feel some things, but mainly, it just happens, just like you adjust to being pregnant. I do know that the 2 weeks right after birth have been progressively worse for me. After number 1 I didn't feel like I was going through what other moms talk about with the sleepless nights, etc. I had a ton of help. After number 2 I felt it, but I was able to handle it. Number 3 though I remember driving to his 2 week doctor's appointment and feeling like I was going to cry cuz I didn't know how much longer I could go on that way. Literally that night he slept a little longer and it was at a time I slept too, and I felt better from that day on. I am not looking forward to those two weeks though

I have a friend who was due on the 18th of June actually (right behind us, but a few years ago years ago) in 2007 and she had never left her daughter with anyone at that point and she was really worried about how she'd do (she did fine, BTW). I on the other hand have left my kiddos with people before, like daily I leave them with dh cuz I go to work, so I don't have that fear. But it is good to be that bonded to Joshua, he will be fine, and so will you, but it is still a good thing to be that bonded.

Did you see the thread I posted yesterday about newborn pics? (On the main part of the DDC) I haven't checked back, but if you didn't, I'd love it if you went and posted some photos of Joshua as a newborn.

March 6th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know I said we will probably TTC when Jordan turns two although we wouldn't mind at all if it happened earlier. I won't be taking any contraceptions until I am done with having children so what ever happens we'll be happy with that too. We will try to be more carefull for at least the first two years, especially if I may have another c-section and if that's the case, it's better for me to wait for two years.....

I'm sure I'll be ok with leaving Joshua when I'm in the hospital, it's just I'm thinking about it a lot now and of course being hormonal doesn't help. And I'm sure I'll be so busy bonding with Jordan, I won't be thinking about it much then. My DH will be bringing my mom & Joshua to the hospital frequently, so that would be ok.

I haven't seen your thread about Newborn Pics but I will go and have a look now and post some of Joshua for you to see....
March 6th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah it is probably always better for our bodies to wait for TTC, especially with the c-section idea.

I don't ever take bc, but I don't want to have another one for a while no matter what. Though my opinions change on that after birth sometimes

Have I asked you, is Joshua potty trained or potty training?

March 7th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I h

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:15 AM.
March 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I know just what you mean. Rock'll be 3 in June and he is sort of potty training himself so far (which all I can say is yay, Courtney wasn't this easy, but he is no where near done). With my job I can't do it, and dh won't really.

They do actually tell you NOT to potty train just before a new sibling, they say they often regress when the baby comes. I think it doesn't apply to Rock though since he is already a big brother.

Courtney I did a very little bit with before she turned 3, I was pregnant and just not sure how is part of why I didn't start. But when she turned 3 I felt pressure to do it (plus Rock had just been born, so we were past the regression thing.) I thought the whole thing was absolutely awful though...but when I was done (like 4 months later) we were TOTALLY done (day and night) so at least that was nice. I sort of just found the best thing to do was remove the diaper entirely...

I haven't potty trained number 2, he's the one who'll be 3 in June, so...

I've been told with boys you can do the cheerio trick, though I haven't tried that yet. I've heard from my MIL (she runs a daycare for 0 to 3) that boys train later than girls, Idk, so far Rock is way more into than Courtney, so some of it is just by kid...dh just walked in with dinner I gotta go!

March 15th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Adding an update....
March 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'm sorry I've been away so long...we had weird internet issues and then LJ had a birthday and quarter ended so I've been crazy busy!

How's the Carpel Tunnel?

I am excited to go to my chiropractor next week, he's in Idaho, so I don't see him anymore

Amber moves far less than my last two, so sometimes I worry about her, but otherwise we've been pretty good. I'm trying to find time to go take my GD test, the lab closes too early is the problem.

Glad you won't have to be moving soon.

Oh and I'm way late replying, but the ammonia smell is something I get for like the last month of each pregnancy, I didn't notice it with Courtney, but for sure with the boys. I don't have it yet this pregnancy, but I know it is coming.

OH, and had I read the whole post before I started replying, glad you saw my internet issues post so you didn't think I was just ignoring you.

March 24th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
H

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
April 3rd, 2010, 10:54 PM
I should be back now. Our trip to Idaho was nice, I was glad to go home! But now I had some time to catch up on things so I should have time for JM

Thanks for the birthday wish for LJ. He had a party while we were in Idaho, I wish I could say I was going to post pictures of it, but we left our dang camera sitting right here by the computer

LJ will get his blood work done sometime this next week probably, but we won't have the results for a couple weeks. We're feeding him a lot extra try to see if we can get him to just fatten up on his own and not worry about all this.

I forgot to go see my chiropractor. I really haven't had the back problems I normally have in a while...saying that'll probably get them to start though...*sigh*

Random thought of the moment: I noted March will be moving out of DDC and into PR soon, and we'll be the 3rd one up then, how exciting! I'm sure April's already had a bunch of babies and May's probably starting to go too! A month from now I'm sure we'll have people about to pop or having their baby!

I had the ammonia smell the other day actually, it went away quickly though.

How was your scan?

Here we are, on the count down to 30 weeks now! That one's exciting to me, cuz after that it is single digits when we talk about weeks (9 weeks left, 8 weeks left, etc.)

April 6th, 2010, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
April 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
We probably have some photos from friends and family at least.

DH often worked on holidays (pretty much all of them) before he lost his job last March. His job didn't ever close, holidays, times, didn't matter, always open...

Easter was very "chill" here. I really am not very happy with myself, I don't feel like I did that good a job making it a very meaningful holiday, but at least I made it to Mass.

I'm sorry you got hurt on Easter. I hope you're feeling better.

I was telling Amee via text the other day that I hadn't thought about it, but Amber never gets the hiccups, the other 3 all did.

I'll try to remember when I come out of this thread that I need to head toward the ultrasound pictures.

I need to get off the computer and get my children to bed...I'm being a slacker!!!

April 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
April 15th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Hey Anna,
Amber and I are pretty well. Rock's sick though, so it has been sad in this house .
I'm sorry you've been in pain. I hope the chiropractor has helped you some.
I'm sorry you've been in so much pain, I really know about how hard it can be with things like that. This pregnancy I haven't had that jazz, but I did in the last one for sure.
I have a friend who recommended to me I do my JM time standing up to try to make it more of a work out so I didn't gain too much weight this pregnancy, I can't figure out how that works, my hands don't reach the keyboard then, she's a lot shorter than me though, lol.
It is Thursday here, but I think that I've already missed you for the Thursday cut off, cuz it is already Friday where you are. I was on JM quite a bit yesterday, but I didn't make it to the DDC. I'll check out your belly pics in a bit, I may actually update mine in a moment, I only have posted one photo or something, but I have another I'm gunna upload in a little bit.

April 26th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
April 28th, 2010, 09:12 PM
My lower back is starting to hurt, and my left hip has been out for a long time, but it hasn't been causing me pain. Lately if I stand too much at work when I step with my left foot I get horrible pains, especially when I'm holding LJ, it's awful .

Amber and I are decently well otherwise. I'm finally starting to get on the, Hey could this hurry up and get to the end, boat though. 7 weeks left, lol.

I luckily haven't had that driving while tired issue this pregnancy, but I totally know about it from my last one. I worry though that my iron levels might be low, LJ's anemic apparently, we just discovered this, and I'm worried that might be because I am...but I haven't been truly overly tired, so maybe not...Idk, just thinking thoughts that go in circles!

Have you seen all the births we've had lately?

May 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quot

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
May 2nd, 2010, 02:24 PM
I want Amber to stay put until at least the 6th of June. I would like to celebrate Rock's birthday and then she can come. However, if she comes before my dad gets down here I think I'll have a hear attack while in labor, so I guess she needs to stay til then, and Idk when then is!!!

What will happen if you had her on a weekday? Will he come home ASAP or not until the weekend?

Don't worry about how you'll do it on your own yet. For one thing I've found so much can change in a few months that worrying about something that won't happen until August doesn't make sense. For the second thing, I know the only time I've found it to be really really overwhelming with kids is the first two weeks after LJ, I thought I'd die, I am dreading the feeling because I know I have to dedicate some of myself to LJ right after Amber is born, and a lot of myself to her...so if I give any of myself to anybody else Idk how I'll make it! I am going to declare that I'm not in charge of ANYTHING, but Amber, when she's born, and hopefully whoever is hear for those first two weeks will be OK with that and help it be reality. Make sure you take advantage of your mom and anytime that your dh is home cuz you need to save your strength.

I've done the apart thing from dh, not with two kids, but with one and a pregnancy for part of it. DH was gone for 16 months, we saw each other 3 times during that 16 months, it makes you appreciate that person a lot more IMO.

My father wasn't there for my birth. Military family, he was on a plane there, cuz when mom went into labor he got on a plane, but he wasn't there for my birth. Idk that my mom missed him much, but I know if dh wasn't there for Amber's birth, Idk how I'd make it, he's for sure the reason I was able to do it without pain meds last time...I mean I'M the reason, but I needed dh for comfort, and everybody else who tried to comfort me, helped, but not that much.

I'm sure Jordan will stay put, Joshua didn't come any early, right? I feel like you said he came late? Or you were induced or something? I can't remember exactly, I guess it is all in this thread, I could just read, lol...

There certainly seems to be a birth every other time I get on lately, I know it'll only get worse now that is is May. We can officially say we're due next month! Isn't that awesome?

Anyway, dh says I have to go help him pick up my car now, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search