LJD3Tdance & Anna Vella

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[qu

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
May 4th, 2010, 05:16 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I don't worry about Amber coming before June 6th, I'm sure on June 16th I'll still be sitting around wishing she'd come already!!!

How long is the flight between where dh is and home?

I was supposed to have a midwife appointment today, but she was off delivering, so now it has been moved to Thursday (or more like Friday for you).

Rock should be starting Preschool in the Fall like Joshua, but he's not potty trained yet, so at this point he won't be. That's OK, Courtney was 3.5 when she did because at 3 she wasn't yet potty trained, I was pregnant then too, lol...with Rock.

3 hours away isn't so bad for your mom. My labors have been 15ish hours, 6ish hours and 6ish hours, so 3 hours wouldn't have been so bad. Not like my dad, who's 10.5 hours away, he claims he could make it in 9 and I suppose if like there were a true emergency of some sort he could fly and be here in less.

I know what you mean about the panic feeling, last time with LJ I said he'd probably come over spring break so it could be as complicated as possible cuz everybody who was supposed to be helping was going out of town for that week. But this time I'm not nervous about it. I might be in June, but not yet.

So what day is the c-section if you don't go before your due date?

I'm glad your back is better too. I've been having problems with mine now

May 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[qu

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
May 7th, 2010, 10:53 PM
My chiropractor is about 650 miles away, so I won't be seeing him, lol.

I know all about panicking about when baby's going to come...and even not panicking, just over thinking. Like for instance right now several things today have made me wonder if I might have some sort of slow leak of my waters, so I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should call my midwife, or go to the hospital or just ignore all this.

I've never had the shot for their lungs, I have had the shot to stop the contractions before, just in the last pregnancy.

Well at least you know you won't go overdue. What can you tell me about c-section to help calm my thoughts right now? I found out Amber isn't head down, and my midwife says not to worry cuz she doesn't need to be til 36 weeks, but of course, her telling me just made me worry even if she told me not to!

May 9th, 2010, 03:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quo

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
May 11th, 2010, 09:41 PM
It wasn't my water leaking, I always starting getting an insane amount of discharge at the end, and so that's all it was, was just a crazy lot of discharge.

A surprise baby shower, awww! That's the best.

I've never been given a surprise party either, that is really neat! But you deserve it if you're the kind to throw one!

You go mommy, nest like only a pregnant lady can, lol. I wish I was doing anything like that, I'm so not though.

I posted in the DDC about my hospital visit, I posted to you first in here that I was thinking about it and then asked in the DDC what everyone thought, I felt like the reaction was overreaction cuz I kinda knew it'd be nothing, but I went and got it checked just cuz it is better safe than sorry. A friend on facebook actually convinced me to go, not the DDC.

I truly can't imagine enjoying a c-section. I'd be so distraught at just the idea of having it. I loved my births so much, even Rock's which wasn't all that pleasant, but I'd feel so at a loss if I lost that chance with Amber. I truly don't want to sound like one of those ladies who freaks out and acts like people who've had c-sections are failures, that is not at all how I feel, but I feel like I'd have been failed by like the cosmic universe if I had to have one. I don't think there'd be anything I'd be really blaming, cuz I know God has a reason for everything, and it isn't like it would be Amber's fault, or even me blaming my body, but I'd just feel so let down if I didn't get to give birth to her the way I did the other 3. I felt like who cares who your doctor is with those births, I'd care a lot about the doctor, cuz it'd be really their job with a c-section.

I remember the pain after my appendectomy was too awful. It was worse than giving birth, and I've never had anything after a surgery for pain that didn't either cause me to puke or break out in some sort of rash, so I'd worry that I'd also have to manage without pain killers and Idk if I could...I don't want to get stressed about it, cuz I just want to avoid that unless it is medically needed for Amber!

I also get charged by the day I stay in the hospital if I have a c-section Idk how we'd ever pay for that. I think the average stay is like 3 days then and I've already been horrified to realize, supposing all goes well we need to be out the day after I give birth to Amber, cuz I'm paid for that, but for the extra $300 a day I'd be so screwed.

Does it always take longer to heal after a 2nd c-section? I ask this one for my friend actually because she's trying to decide if she should go vbac or c-section right now.

I'd die also if they didn't give me Amber right away. It already kills me that my hospital has a stupid policy that about an hour after the birth they're going to take her for an hour or two. I actually switched hospitals twice to try to find one that didn't have a policy about this that I hated...I have now found one that doesn't have this policy and I'm even considering switching AGAIN. Things are kinda up in the air atm. I remember when I agreed to let them take Courtney somewhere for a little bit I missed her terribly instantly. I get so attached. I'm not attached to pregnancy, but to that little infant...

I also would just die if her first meal had to be formula. Not because I think there is something wrong with formula, but because I want that first to be mine to have. I feel like after 9 months I've earned some firsts, dh'll get his share of stuff, especially at this point since he's the SAHD! LJ's trying to learn to walk right now, he took a step and stood there for a while afterwords today, but was I here? No, Nick was though. So, I deserve to get some firsts with Amber in! Nick held LJ first, too...*boo*

I always don't have my camera at my important stuff lately.

Anyway, can you believe 35 weeks is almost here? Just a couple hours left for me before I hit my 35 week mark. I know lots of ladies who've had 35 weekers who never went to NICU or anything, just came home like all was well, so I'm excited to be at this point where baby is probably going to be healthy whenever she decides to come!

May 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[q

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
May 14th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Tracy (my midwife) hasn't talked to me about what she'll do if Amber is still breech actually. She just told me not to worry about her being breech until 36 weeks. And now I can't find her head, though I sorta think it is still in my side, just not in a place I can get to it easily. So on Thursday when I go to the appointment Tracy'll tell me what she thinks.

My friend who's trying to decide if she wants to go VBAC or not did not heal well from the last c-section. She was unhappy with the whole thing, but Idk what I'd recommend to her. I feel like VBAC goes better for some people than others. Like this is a weird thing for me to say, cuz when people say these kind of things I always think they're being a little weird...so feel free to think I'm weird, but I can normally guess who's going to end up with a c-section before they've ever had a baby, I'm not 100% right, but I'm right more often than not on this one, it is like my version of a 6th sense. And my friend screams c-section to me...I sorta think she shouldn't go for the VBAC...

With you not having the ability to try for VBAC, at least you know a couple good things. #1) It won't end in a c-section even after a long labor. #2) It won't be an emergency c-section. (Well, most likely it won't be...I'm gunna assume you know it won't be cuz I'm cool like that.) #3) You don't have to be pregnant as long. I guess there is still a chance you could go into labor before that and then that'd throw a wrench in it, but probably your safe. And of course knowing when makes it easier for traveling dh!

Were there concerns about your placenta earlier in the pregnancy? Like its location I mean? I'm not having another ultrasound that I know of, so I'm just interested in what made them look.

I'm slightly envious of you knowing you'll be done on the 10th. You'll be home holding your newborn as my patience runs out completely and I go mad! And believe me, supposing you can still find time to post in here every now and then, you'll see me posting back that I've gone nuts and want to have her so bad!

You'll need your mom after this c-section. It is one thing to carry a baby after an operation, a different to carry a 2 year old though. I can't imagine...I don't want to think about it, I'm just trying to stay positive and assume I'm still having a vaginal delivery. I'm trying not to think much ahead right now. I'm currently only trying to get to Sunday when I officially have a month til my due date, you are already under a month til her little old birthday!

I've had very little swelling overall in my other 3 pregnancies, not none, but not much. I'm still not having it like some women get it, but I'm having more than I would like, I just realized I was feeling uncomfortable and took off my wedding ring a couple moments ago...*sigh*...

Now I understand the danger of the placenta being too low with the birth, but is their a danger in it just being low before the birth? (from what your doc said)

I bet Jordan will behave and stay put til the 10th, that is still a week before your due date, and you don't have a history of early births, so she'll probably cooperate (not for 100%, but probably...).

I've got class all day tomorrow, it is an awful class, but I won't be on as much this weekend as I normally am because of it...*boo*...hope you and your dh are having fun.

May 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quo

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:20 AM.
May 20th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah, lots of ladies have posted me about spinningbabies actually, lol. Tomorrow I get to find out if she has turned...well today, it is 1am, I so should be sleeping, JM screwed me up by being down tonight, lol.

How long til the c-section now? Not long at all, I bet she'll be good and stay in for you! I just hope Amber wants to come out by her due date, lol. 36 weeks now though, so nice.

I think birth can be nerve wracking no matter which way you do it, or how many times you've done it. I do believe that women are meant to give birth, but I also believe that things go wrong just walking down the street and so few moments are as important as giving birth, so it is only natural to be nervous no matter what direction they're coming out!

GL Saturday. Sorry this is short, I so should be in bed, so I gotta get there!

May 23rd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote=LJD3Tdance;2024908

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
May 25th, 2010, 10:20 PM
June 10th'll be here before you know it.
Man a 5 day hospital stay sounds like a nightmare to me...and a financial nightmare. I hear that my insurance bills by the number of days you're in the hospital, I originally thought it was by the stay, but according to another person I spoke with it is by the day, so I'd get billed $1500 for that stay...which isn't really true cuz I'd have met my cap at like $1000, but $1000 is way too much anyway!
I agree the baby is more demanding once it is out, but I do better after pregnancy than in, so as soon as school ends I'll start wanting her to come more and more every day!!! But I know she won't come until she wants too...
I think my mom is coming on June 3rd, it isn't set yet, but I'm glad cuz I'll be super ready shortly after that, and I know at some point the word induction will come up, and I'll have a hard time turning it down.

May 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote=LJD3Td

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
June 3rd, 2010, 12:39 AM
Sorry this response is so long in coming. I came by sometime and you hadn't replied yet (and it must have literally been right before you did) and I have just been so crazy busy, but that should all change tomorrow, my last day of work!

I'd die with 5 days in the hospital even if it was free. I'd miss my other 3 kiddos too much. I mean I'd still see them every day, but it isn't the same. Most hospitals in the U.S. are private, but sometimes that doesn't equate to as nice as other times. Like the place I had my boys is way nicer than any other I've ever been to, which makes me miss it so badly!

I take it insurance over there covers everything. In the U.S. we all have copays unless you're REALLY broke and then you can be on the medical insurance that the U.S. provides, and in that case you pay nothing. We might actually qualify for that cuz we are broke, but we have insurance, so I don't think of applying. Though we are getting help now from the government cuz things are getting so tight around here. This economy is horrible

Yes, my mom will be here tomorrow, but I won't see her until Friday. She's getting in at 11:30pm and I'll probably be sitting here at the computer then, but since the kids will be in bed I won't see her. I'd go pick her up at the airport, but my dad was supposed to do that. Sadly though he turns out to have pneumonia and he's not yet coming down, and I haven't been able to talk to my mom since this turn of events took place so we have no way to find out any details about her travel arrangements, so I can't pick her up

How'd your weekly appointment go? Mine was awful...*boo*...

Hope you're still pregnant and I haven't missed everything

June 3rd, 2010, 02:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote=LJD

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Realized you're online now...
June 6th, 2010, 01:29 AM
I'm jealous of that only 7 days comment, and less now, I could still easily go overdue, but

I am glad to be done with work. But I have to admit I was a little bit worried about not being there to distract me. It is kind of painful the waiting for me. I just so desperately wish to go into labor with each contraction (and there are a LOT of them) that I kinda go crazy when I'm not working. But the last day or two I've been a little calmer, cuz I'm kinda resigned to the idea that I'll be at least 39 weeks when I do go into labor, so I'm not thinking it'll happen in the next few days.

My hospital this time doesn't have visiting hours either. They say Vegas is a 24 hour town, so they should be a 24 hour hospital

You are ahead of me, so if it was Thursday afternoon for you, it would have been like super early Thursday am or Wednesday night for me.

My mom is here now, but sadly my dad still isn't and won't be coming til at least Monday, and I'm not expecting him then. His pneumonia that I can't remember if I mentioned in my last writing is getting worse

I'd assume you are like getting ready for that check-up you mentioned because it is now Sunday. How was it?

I'll skip the questions about the appointment since I saw you replied in my appointment thread (haven't been in it yet though) so I think you know why I was upset. But, today I decided I'd weigh myself at home...I haven't gained ANY weight at home in 3 weeks. This is clearly all being caused by the bloating. Which BTW is now causing all kinds of new problems...I really hope Tuesday's appointment is my last one, cuz I'm feeling over this.

Man you're a trooper, I don't want it to go slow at all, I've now accomplished the last thing I needed to accomplish (Rock's birthday just ended, 1:26am Sunday now, he's 3!). So now all I need to do is have Amber,

Wednesday seems so soon. Your dh'll be back and you'll be prepping for your section, it is crazy. I still feel like, since Idk when Amber'll come, it is a ways off (even if it is tomorrow, ) But I feel like for you it is soon!

I've always been a late night person, I just have to give up those ways during work time, work is over

June 6th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[qu

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
June 6th, 2010, 02:18 PM
I hope dad gets well soon. I wish he was here because my mom doesn't have the ability to get around Vegas without us picking her up all the time, dad would come down with his own truck and he's more capable of navigating down here.

I don't believe in walking starting anything but a backache. I have plenty of walking to do to keep up with the kids, and if I add extra to it all it does is make it harder to keep up with them, so that plan will not be happening. I don't really think there is anything besides pitocin that'll convince her to come out earlier than she wants to...her schedule, not mine, if it was mine, I'd have her tonight!

I'm sure she'll be good for 3 days for you. 3 days. Seriously, so jealous!

I'm hoping I'm at least 2cm dilated Tuesday. Since she's only done the one cervical check and I was 1cm at that time, 2 would be progress at least I won't think it is good news unless it is 3cm though, I've never been pregnant (for one reason or another) very long after I was told 3cm, so I'd consider that good news!

I have regular BH pretty much every other day, if not daily, so if my midwife said that to me, I'd have a hard time not actually freaking out in anger. I hate the regular bh so if she told me I'm supposed to do something about them I'd be really annoyed. Especially since Friday I called her office and left a message about them, cuz they were super weird Friday, every 4-6 minutes and my back hurt with every one, and they never called back. Grrr!

Your mom must be so excited to be there with you.

I'm fairly certain I'll have my netbook at the hospital when I'm there and that there is interenet, so I should be able to post and let you know when I've been admitted, though I feel like "should that day ever come." I just feel so down at the end of pregnancy waiting. I hate the wait! I'm kinda excited for my Tuesday appointment (she'd better be there this time!) because I feel like since I'll be the day before 39 weeks she may discuss when she'd do an induction, etc. My last doc would have asked me at this appointment if I wanted one even, and let me tell you, today, Idk how good I'd be at turning her down, but I'd sure try.

If for some reason I don't have my netbook or the net at the hospital isn't good enough or something I'll have Amee post in here and tell you I've been admitted probably!

Is Joshua excited?

June 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
[quote

Last edited by My Babies; February 6th, 2012 at 07:24 AM.
June 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I'll stop in later and let you know how my appointment went, but Idk if you'll see it before you've had your little pretty girl! I'm so excited for you, you're almost there!

I have been kinda anal about watching to see where the bottom of my belly is lately cuz I just don't really believe in this dropping thing but all I ever hear is about where my belly is. So yesterday I noticed, after a swim session at my mom's hotel that my belly is lower, cuz I can put my fingers between the bottom of my belly and *(:TMI my pubic hair line and see that there is less space than there was just yesterday morning. And the pressure down there was so incredible for the rest of the night I started to wonder if maybe she's descended enough that labor is near. But so far no such luck. I really hope my midwife says something worth saying today

That must be so hard to have only seen her grandson twice. I know my mom would feel so awful.

Courtney never had any jealousy issues until Rock was old enough to crawl and take her toys, and then they were only minor, but I think it is easier to not be jealous at Joshua's age when they are tiny babies.

My midwife doesn't get the messages, they go to her medical assistant, and I don't think it is her phone, I think it is an office phone, so calling again wouldn't do me any good.

L&D is just as good (if not better) to talk to anyway, and they didn't just do the thing most places do where they auto tell you to come in, so I liked them better than I probably would have liked Anna (her medical assistant, who I'm not that big a fan of...no offense to Anna's of the world )

GL if I don't talk to you again between now and the birth!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search