Lousee & bkro9

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night we (me and jaxon) fell asleep in the couch and he slept for like 4 hours straight and then after a changing and feeding went back down for three hours! It was awesome! Too bad I am anti him sleeping in my bed, he slept so much better than he does in the bassinett!

Anyways, jaxon ate three oz this morning too! Maybe they are going through a growth spurt. all I know is there is no way I could be a stay at home mom... i am already getting bored, mostly not having anyone to talk to during the day.

How long is your mom in town for? Did you get the sheild yet? is that helping?
June 27th, 2010, 12:24 PM
can i just tell you that last night dh took care of jaxon all night and it is the first time I have slept through the night in forever! I feel sooo much better today!
June 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice! I wish I could ask hubby to do that, but he's got crazy work deadlines and I simply can't. My mom left today so there goes my morning long naps! Luckily the past 2 nights he's done the 3 hours in a row rather then 1.5 hours so that makes it better. Nipple shields still not helping. I'm still pumping at every feeding. I don't know what I'll do. I don't think I can pump like this for the long haul. It's just so frustrating!!!

Do you have any more pics of your guy? I'd like to see them!

June 28th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I have a gazzilion on my phone but hardly any on my camera, I will do better, my gparents want pics so badly... You need to post more of ryan too.

i think jaxon is constipated. but from everything I have read they said dont worry about it until day three, and we are on day two... I just feel so bad for my little man.

How is ryan sleeping at night? are you seeing any type of patterns yet?

I feel like crap. I am missing adult interaction... I could never be a stay at home mom, as much as I love being with him, i just miss communicating with people who talk back! hehehe
June 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Ryan is a bit better at night but still only 3 hours at a time. I'm dying for more! I'll take 4 hours! He was just awake this morning for 2 hours straight...it's hard to play/entertain a newborn!

Oh poor guy! Ryan has lots of gas but it doesn't seem to bother him TOO much, I have been using the mylicon drops which I think help a lot!

I am soooo with you. I want out already and it's barely been any time. I just feel like my brain is turning to mush. I do have a dr appt tomorrow and I hope to get something for my PPD. It's really bad. I just feel so depressed and miserable. It is not helping my bonding either. Sometimes I just want my old life back so badly. And then I feel guilty.

How long are you on maternity leave?

More pics!

First swing...very exciting!

Gym time

Holding daddy's hand

Last edited by bkro9; June 29th, 2010 at 08:55 AM.
June 29th, 2010, 10:19 AM
He is sooo cute! I will post some pics this evening. My sister is coming in today and DH just got home so I could finally shower and of course... he is taking a nap... i swear I am going to strangle him one of these days. I would give anything for a nap. jax was up for almost three hours this morning... His constipation is making it hard to sleep.

what is mylicon drop? is it to help gas? Maybe I should get some...
June 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Yes it's called either mylicon drops or "little tummies" gas drops. You can get them at any drugstore! They seem to help, but they won't hurt so give them a try!

Ugh I know, my husband sleeps a full night and then says he's tired, I'm want to kill him.

Ryan was up so much today also! How am I supposed to pump and eat and sleep?

I did go to yet another bfeeding group and it went GREAT! Finally used the nipple shield CORRECTLY, and he succeeded! We are going to practice and I feel like a new woman.

Ok off to try to sleep since he's finally down!

July 2nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry I havent responded, the sister is in town and we have just been crazy busy!

i got the gas drops and we are going to try them. Jax has grown two inches and gain 10oz!

how are you feeling? did you talk to the doc about ppd?
July 5th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Yay! Ryan is growing quite a bit as well!

I did talk to the doc. She convinced me to give up the breastfeeding fight, saying it's not worth it, and I guess I agree. I am still pumping, although not as much, and supplementing until I guess I dry up. I will probably get meds this week.

It is hot as HELL here. Heat wave. I hate it! Went to see the NYC fireworks at the pier last night, had a bunch of drinks. Was fun until I got home and had to get up every 2-3 hours! I wish he'd sleep better at night! I barely get a 3 hour stretch!

Did you do anything this wkend?

July 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM
oUr weekend was pretty chill. My sister went down south with my other sister so we just relaxed, but it was such a busy week with company almost every night and stuff. i needed the break.

As soon as my sister leaves I am giving up on the breast feeding too. I dont mind pumping but DH isnt here enough to help and it seems like every time I can I either fall alseep, Im to tired or I need to clean... And he is obviously growing just fine without it.

how are you feeling? Glad you got to go out and enjoy the fire works!!!
July 5th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm doing ok, hanging in there. What formula are you using? Do you find it makes him gassy? What bottles? I am nosy! ;0)

We are interviewing our first babysitter tonight! We don't waste any time.

July 5th, 2010, 07:03 PM
I know i have to go do the day care thing on wednesday!

right now we are using simulac, but we are going to switch it over to the walmart brand before he goes to day care (save a little money and they are the same).

He has major poop issues, but the doc said it is totally normal.. he doesnt go for 2-3 days... but apparently neither did my nephew, so it my be a gene that we dont poop often... who the f knows... we are using the ventaire bottles, and they work really well and I am super happy with the bottles.

My sis goes home tomorrow, and she has been so helpful! I am going miss her sooo much!
July 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Okay so the sister is gone, I am so going to miss the help, but it is going to be nice to get back into our routine. i drank way tooo much when she was here and I am freakin' beat. i am looking forward to just being home with the baby and the hubby.

how are you doing? what formula did you decide on? how did the baby sitter interviews go?
July 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I am soooo tired today. Friends came and I had no time to take any naps.

I'm trying the Enfamil Premium because the pediatrician recommended it. I also decided no more pumping...I mean how long will I be able to keep this up anyway. Enough!

Liked the sitter last night! We have another one coming tonight. Hope to have someone for friday because my brother and his fiancee will be here!

July 8th, 2010, 03:38 PM
So i have decided that no daycare is going to be good enough for my little boy! and it has been raining here for days so I have so much to do tomorrow. luckily dh was off today and I have had a little more relaxing day.

are you so happy your bro will be in tomorrow? do yall have any fun plans?
July 8th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Well we actually found two sitters that we like! So we are using one tomorrow and going to dinner! I don't know if anyone has used a sitter so early but...screw it, I need adult time to stay sane!

I also went to a mom's group that started this week and it was SO GREAT. I met moms that were awesome and I totally felt like they were in the same boat as me...I felt NORMAL for a minute! Yay!

Now I'm enjoying some vino! Any wkend plans for you?

July 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I think we are going to get some professional pics of jax on saturday then on sunday we are suppose to go to the inlaws for bday celebrations but all of dh family is going to be there, aunts uncles cousins and i dont really like them (they all have poles stuck up their arses)... but i kinda want to show off jaxon! ehhee

everyone needs adult time. I went out with my sister until 2am when jax was two weeks old... although I did feel guilty at the end of the night but it was something i just needed to do.

that is awesome that you found two baby sitters! I still have to pick a day care and i am having such a hard time... Do you venture out alot with ryan? It has been so ugly and rainy here we havent ventured out alot. But i totally need to hit up the grocery store and misc. things.
July 9th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Oh I should probably think about professional pics huh? Shoot. We have a bbq on sunday which hopefully won't be too hot.

I have been going out a lot with him, I try to get out at least once a day. But I live in a city so it's all stroller/walking which is easy. I've brought him to restaurants too and folded up the stroller, I'm so proud of myself! Yesterday I went to my first mom's support group and it was GREAT! Lots of great women who are going through the same thing and want friends. I totally recommend finding one in your area! Made me feel like a new woman.

July 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Did you have a good night out with the bro? How did the babysitter do?

We have to do teh family thing today and I soooo dont want to. i have been procrastinating all morning!
July 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
i like how it just took me forever to find this!

How are you doing? how is ryan?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search