Lousee & bkro9

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think we are going with Jaxon Wayne (as of this week). I know for sure his middle name will be wayne, I want to name him after my grandfather, who I adore, and think he is the best gpa ever! hehehe

So when are you going to take off for maternity leave? Are your parents or anyone going to come up and help you?

I feel you, I want one more child (I dont want to raise an only child cause I have so many siblins and wouldnt know what to do without them) but I really dont want to be pregnant again! hehehee
March 9th, 2010, 06:06 AM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so cute! I am actually a yoga teacher so I am pretty flexible, I won't have to necessarily take "maternity leave" per say. So I'll just teach until I can't! I've already cut down quite a bit. I manage and run a studio as well so I do a lot of stuff from home. I'm lucky that way!

My mom is going to come...but she drives me nuts so I don't know how long she'll stay! Haha. My husband has actually suggested getting a baby nurse...pretty common in NYC. At first I was like no way...but lately it's sounding kind of nice.

I want to convince hubby to adopt the next one!!!!

March 9th, 2010, 06:38 AM
That is awesome, I work for a small company and have been here for like 8-9 years so they are pretty lax... I doubt I will get my full maternity leave (I think my boss is going to loss it with me out for 6 weeks) but I think if need be I can bring the little one in.

What is a baby nurse?

the adopting idea isnt bad... there are lots of kids out there that need homes... and not have to live inside me for the first 10 months! hehehe

How long have you been teaching Yoga? Is you husband excited you are having a boy?
March 11th, 2010, 06:26 AM
I've been teaching for about 5 yrs now. I used to work in computers and databases and just got fed up, quit, started teaching, and now I run a studio. It was a good change.

Husband is happy, but I think he was disappointed at first because he really wants a cute little girl. Not me, I was a terror teen, and boys love their moms!!!

Holy cow, I just noticed my ticker, 100 days left! FINALLY almost in the double digits! For some reason I feel like when I hit 30 weeks I've hit some kind of milestone. 4 more weeks!

March 17th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Omg, I just woke up today and feel HUGE! And my yoga pants are rolling down...I think I have to make a trip out to buy more maternity stuff!

March 18th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Your so cute!

I have been soooo irritable lately I just want to scream, or disappear until the baby gets here.

How have you been feeling?
March 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I saw that you are having such issues with your baby shower! I'm sorry to hear that. I wish we could just skip the whole thing and have people just send us gifts! Haha. I know, that's rude, if I posted it on the main board I'd probably get my *ss handed to me.

I have what I think is a bladder infection, should find out tomorrow. I am miserable. You?

March 18th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, that baby shower crap acutally got all worked out yesterday I just dont understand why girls are so difficult to deal with (another reason I am happy that I am having a boy!). I dont even like baby showers that is why I told her it was ok to serve champagne... who knew it would turn into a frat party! heehee

I think my hormones are starting to go crazy again. I feel fine other than that. I am starting to worry that because my pregnancy so far has been so easy that the labor portion is going to kick my arse! I feel like I have sooo much to do still.

And I am sooo having me a shandy when I get home (half beer half sprite, I might leave the sprite out)! heehehee
March 23rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Looks like you have a bladder infection as well based on the main board! Doesn't it suck??? If it's not one thing, it's another!

How was your shandy?

March 24th, 2010, 07:19 AM
It was pretty frickin' good, of course I left out the sprite and only drank half the beer, but omg how I have missed beer! hehehe

Yeah, I dont understand how I can go to the **** doctor and two weeks later have all these issues... I am like, WTH? Oh well, at least I know what is going on and I dont need to worry about it.

How are you doing? Are you having a baby shower? Can you believe we have just 12 weeks left (give or take a few days) I cant wait for it to be over!
March 24th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Yes, my mom and aunt are throwing me a shower on April 24th. Not really looking forward to it to be honest...I just want the gear!

I'm really depressed lately, thinking about talking to a doctor or someone. If it's this bad now, what will happen after the baby is born? This stinks.

I can't wait til JUNE!

March 25th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I am sorry you are not feeling good. I go through slumps where for like a week or two I am pretty depressed and cant figure out what is wrong with me, and then I will wake up the one day and just be all jolly.

It might just be that you are overwhelmed, and with the hormones (which i think are suppose to get worse again in the third trimester) going crazy.... Is your DH helping? The other thing that helps me is getting out of the house with my girl friends (well girl friend to be exact). I have found I tend to stay home alot more now and sometimes just getting out for lunch helps brighten my day... even if it is just for a little bit. I think talking to someone is a good idea.

June is almost here just a little over two months to go until we are at least in our month! hehehe

I feel you about the baby shower I am looking forward to the gifts but I think they are boring as hell! hehehe luckily mine is only two hours! in and out!!!! hehe
March 29th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Actually, my husband is amazingly wonderful. This is an "all me" issue. I am going to meet with someone Wed. recommended by my midwife.

I am so ready for this baby shower to come and go! And if anyone goes off registry I am returning! Hee...

March 29th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Are you feeling any better this week? I am glad you found someone you can talk to, It makes things sooo much easier and better if you ask me!

I am with you, I want the baby shower over and done with. I am sick of being the middle man between the two cohosts! Seriously how hard is it!

I am soooo in count down mode!!! Did yall finally finalize his name? DH changed it again, so who knows what we are going to do.
March 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
I meet with the therapist next week! And I need it!

We have not finalized the name! We have about four we like. But we can't commit! I see myself pushing without having a name yet...and it's mostly my husband as well. He's indecisive.

I am having some boring veggie sushi tonight. GOD I miss raw tuna!

March 31st, 2010, 07:12 AM
Raw tuna... now I want it!! The first thing I have planned after this kid comes out is to go to sushi happy hour with my sister!

Yeah, I heard DH telling someone the other day, oh we have narrowed the names down to... and listed like 4 names, so I totally understand, I just hope he has a name by the time we leave the hospital! hehee

Are you getting anxious at all? I started reading a book last night (parenting for dummys the first year) and now I am feel super overwhelemed!
March 31st, 2010, 09:29 AM
I was definitely feeling overwhelmed...but lately I'm just like I don't care, get this baby OUT! And then I'll play it by ear. Is it a good book? Maybe I'll check it out.

My birthday is may 30th, I am going to eat the raw tuna then...I figure it's close enough. And it's Nobu...my favorite restaurant! Yummy. But yes, as soon as that baby pops out I want lots of SUSHI!

March 31st, 2010, 02:39 PM
The book is interesting I just started it last night (only on page 32 or something). I tend to be a planner so I like to at least know about the different things I might need to deal with, especially since I have no family near by (and I cant stand my MIL).

I am so in count down mode, everyone is now asking me when I am due (took for ever to ask) and when I say June they go, oh well you still have a ways dont you... I am like, kiss my arse, I am 7 months down dude!
March 31st, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ugh I HATE IT when people say that. I was just feeling positive because it's April!!! And then my dad's like, well you don't have TOO long...kiss it! I'm on the home stretch!

I am also a planner. I will probably read up once I'm stuck in state waiting for this baby to come!

April 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM
Happy April! I am getting excited! Okay so I did read more in the book and I like it. It is making me a little more nervous but at least I know what may happen if it does and I dont totally freak if it does. I am going to make DH read it too, especailly the part about how the mother is going to feel afterwards and signs of PPD, stuff like that.

We have been looking for daycares and they are ridiculously expensive, I never thought I would ever consider moving out of the city but the cost of daycares in the city is a freakin house payment! I couldnt even imagine what it is like in NYC!

Do you have any fun plans for the long weekend? (do yall have along weekend?, living in the bible belt we are off on friday).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search