Lousee & bkro9

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am soo glad you are my due date buddy! I could totally use a starbucks, I would actually prefer a coffee bean frozen coffee thingy... but we dont have them here!

He is getting his back surgery, he has a herniaded (sp?) disk.... He is acting like a baby, and driving me insane! - I realize that might sound mean, but you have no idea how hard it has been living with him the last two months!

Have you bought alot for the baby? I havent gotten crap. I bought a couple of onesies the other day and have been picking up diapers but that is it..

Maybe I will do some oneline shopping right now since I dont feel like working for the rest of the day! hehee

Now I want a coffee! Dang you!
April 15th, 2010, 01:41 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ha! I usually just get a cappucino or whatever, but since the pregnancy I've been a little more adventurous...today I got an iced dark cherry mocha. YUM! The amount of money I spend on Starbucks is absurd.

Oh girl, I've gotten SO many onesies. Buying clothes is the fun part for me! That and the diaper bag...I am such a purse wh*re. Have you decided on one yet?

April 15th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I just started carrying a purse when I was like 27 years old! I put a diaper bag on my registry that has skulls on it just because DH will also carry it!

I have been super worried about buying stuff, like I am going to jinx myself or the kiddo or something... I dont know.

Okay so my MIL is at the house (cause she is ssooooooo worried about DH, I just want to scream.. CUT THE CORD!) anyways, so I need to figure out what I should do after work to pass the time until she leaves!
April 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Ohhh I love skulls! I registered a diaper dude bag for DH...he got it already. I'm hoping for a couple expensive ones, heehee. Luckily husband knows this is my weakness, and I'm sure I'll get one of the two.

I can't imagine not carrying a purse...my god. Blasphemy! I have quite the collection! I will have to take a picture.

All I know is, if this boy turns out to be a girl, I'm going to have a lot of extra clothes on my hands!

April 19th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I could never be a nurse! I am sooo happy to be back at work not listening to people whine and complain (by people I mean my husband!) hehehee

How was your weekend? Did you have fun in Boston?
April 19th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Haha. I'm glad it's over for you!

Boston was ok...kind of sucky, weather was awful, games sucked, and I have a terrible cold!!! I feel like hell and my baby shower is next weekend...and I still don't have a dress! Grr.

April 20th, 2010, 06:27 AM
My dress has been in my closet for months! I am looking forward to finally being able to wear it. It is black and White pokadot with red accents.

I am sorry the weather sucked in boston, it sucked here too! Plus I had to hangout with my MIL so that always ruins any day!

When are you taking off for Maternity? Have you decided yet? I am looking forward to my shower this weekend, I didnt think I would, but I really am!!!
April 20th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Nice! I might look forward to it more if I wasn't so sick. Plus I can't deal with MY mother...haha. Staying with her is always an effort.

I have a couple dresses but I'm not sold on either. I think I just need some really cute pumps or something. May as well show off the legs since they're still skinny!

I am ready to get all the gear though...means it's that much closer!

April 20th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Well hopefully you will be feeling much better by Saturday! My legs are still skinny too!

I am soo mean, my MIL has been saying that she is going to get me the Glider I want for the baby's room for months (I mean months and months) so one of my bosses just bought it for me since she still had not gotten it! hehehee

I am soo ready for this to be over!!
April 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Haha, I am so like that with my inlaws. My father in law is such a pain! Which glider? I still can't decide if I'm getting one or not!

I think I'm going to wear awesome heels on Saturday. At least from the crotch down I'll look hot!

April 20th, 2010, 02:16 PM
You crack me up! I love the idea of the hot heels though, I might follow in your footsteps!

I never ever thought that the one thing I would most be looking forward to at a party is food (usually it is the booze! hehe) ... but I am sooo making my family spinach dip which I havent made in like a year and I am soooo excited about it!

Girl, you have no idea how much I dislike my MIL. I think she is INLOVE with my husband. She calls and/or texts him like 5-6 times a day, she refused to leave his bedside when he was at the hospital this past weekend (she lives an hour away and he had minor surgery)... she use to call me at work and ask me what I am making him for dinner and that I need to make sure he is being taken care of.... She has called my boss pretending to be my mother to try to get information on if I am at work and stuff... She is a crazy crazy lady!

Anyways, have you decided when you are going to take off for maternity leave?

I am so ready for summer to be here.
April 20th, 2010, 03:18 PM
UGH that is frustrating. My father in law is just so embarassing...he's obnoxious and annoying. THANK GOD he lives in Florida!!! I guess I'm lucky it's not his mom though!

I am actually working right up til the due date, I run a yoga studio and teach so I am totally flexible. I have people under me that can do what I need them to whenever. I have already stopped teaching though, I teach heated yoga and I can't deal with the heat! Are you taking off early?

April 21st, 2010, 06:05 AM
My Father in Law lives in FL!!!! What part? That is crazy, we have alot in common!

I was wondering if you were still teaching, I would imagine it would start getting difficult pretty soon. I loved hot yoga (when I took back in the day). I am with you, working up until he comes, I only get 6 weeks off so... plus everyone in my office is retarded and decided to take vacation the week of and the week after my due date... I am like are you serious? whateves, If I pop I wont be here so....

Are you going every two weeks now for your doc appointments? You have a midwife right? How is that working out? Are you nervous about the no drugs?
April 21st, 2010, 07:57 AM
My inlaws live in Venice, FL. Old pesple's ville.

I just started the every 2 weeks! I am nervous, but I'm trying not to be. I'm not talking to people about their crazy births, I'm just trying to go into it positive. But I'm scared! I meet the back up OB in a few weeks as well, he'll do an u/s to see the position of the baby. She thought he was butt down last week, although she wasn't sure. Hopefully he'll flip soon, I do NOT want to deal with a breech nightmare!!!

Ok, today I am committing and going out to find a final dress/shoes once and for all!

I saw your baby bump pics, you look good! We rock. ;0)

April 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
THanks! You look great too! I think we have both done very well! I feel like my belly is tiny compared to alot of the other people though... but I figure it cant be bad, I am measuring correctly... so..

Good luck on finding your dress! I want to see the shoes! I think I might go shopping for some shoes tonight (so stealing your idea!) hehehe

I def. am getting a pedicure friday after work... I havent had one in months and I cant wait!

I feel the baby everywhere! I think he is diagnoally across me! I havent talked to people about theirs either, and I refuse to read any of the birthing stories on the other boards... I am totally okay going in without a negative impression in the back of my mind!
April 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Ok...I am down to 2 dresses. One is black and one is blue. I am going to get my husband's final opinion tonight and just go with it! And then I'll find shoes. Talk about leaving it to the end!!!

Hell yeah mani/pedi tomorrow! I am like the queen of that. I go like every week for mani and every other for pedi. Some might say I'm high maintnance. Haha! What color are you going for? I am a total dark color girl. I think it's from being in the city, everyone goes super dark. Like lincoln park after dark, russian navy, black onyx, etc. Maybe I'll do essie brown cherry or whatever it's called. Such decisions!

Good for you, I hate people and their birth advice. We are all different, so I'd rather go into it fresh then have all these horrible expectations!

April 22nd, 2010, 06:14 AM
So are you going with the blue or the black?

I am sooo happy today is Thursday and the weekend is almost here!
April 22nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
I'm going black because A. it's slimming and B. I found hot red shoes! They are red, peep toe, high. I'll probably regret them by the end of the day but... OH WELL!

Your shower is this weekend as well, isn't it?

April 22nd, 2010, 12:37 PM
Sounds super cute!!!! I would have gone with black too!

Yep the shower is this weekend, I am actually looking forward to it.... Okay I am really just looking forward to seeing what I get. All of my friends are such laggers they havent even gotten my presents yet... I keep checking my registry! hehee

What are you hoping for the most?
April 22nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Well I'm not really hoping at this point because I've stalked my registry so much I know exactly what I'm getting! I'm definitely hoping I don't get any duplicates or a lot of ugly clothes that I have to secretly return! Haha. Where did you register?

So I think I mentioned I have a terrible headcold...well tonight I blew my nose and RUPTURED my EARDRUM. I literally cannot hear out of my left ear! I guess I should call the doc in the morning...not good!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search