Lousee & bkro9

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2010, 06:01 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is not good! I was hoping you would be feeling better by tomorrow! I would def call the doc!

I have been stalking mine too, but (the same thing happened with our wedding registry) people dont mark the **** off!

I got my hair done last night, tonight I am going in for a pedi, I like being pampered! Tomorrow DH is having his diaper party and I am stoked cause 20 ppl rsvped! That mean 20 boxes of diapers and 20 boxes of wipes!

I hope you feel better soon mama!
April 23rd, 2010, 06:27 AM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Talked to my ENT friend and doc and we're waiting til Monday to see how it goes. I still can't hear that well out of that ear. FUN!

I am totally the same! Got my mani/pedi yest, tomorrow morning going in for a hair blow out. Gotta look good!

I've never heard of a diaper party! I wish I had. Do you just get all different sizes and stuff?

I am off to CT today, so if I don't get online, have a great shower!! Take pics!

April 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Have fun at your shower, and at least you can pretend that you simply cant hear the people who annoy you over the weekend... ie your mom! heheh
April 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Hey!!! How was your shower? Mine went well! I survived! Pretty low key. Got TONS of duplicates thanks to crap *** Babies R us. But returned most of em already, between credit and gift cards I have 900 dollars to use at BRU! Hot ****. My shoes were a hit. I just can't believe how much STUFF i have now! My god.

April 26th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I am glad your shower went well!!! That is awesome that you have so much to buy from BRU though, at least you can get exactly what you want!

My shower was good, low key as well, I need to return some stuff, apparently nobody bother to look at my regiestry cause we didnt get anything off of it... I will do that next weekend. I was so tired by the time I got home Saturday and hurt from all the bending over! hehee

I cant believe the littles will be here so soon, I sure hope the next couple of weeks go by fast! I am soo ready to be me again!
April 27th, 2010, 07:32 AM
That is so annoying! Why don't people just buy off the registry? I got sooo many blankets that I don't need. 3 that were hand knit which is nice but...what am I supposed to do with 3 baby blue knit blankets?

Ugh I CANNOT shake this cold. It's so frustrating. I have so much to do and all I want to do is sleep! I have another midwife appt. on Thursday. I hate those appts because I actually have to weigh! haha

April 27th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I cant believe you still have the head cold, can you take anything for it? Can you hear yet?

I had two people make me blankets with a jungle theme (which I sooooo didnt want!) I wanted all the blankets and stuff neutrally solid colored (like what I registered for) since I stenciled the walls... but what can you do?

I have a doc appointment in the AM and dont want to get on the scale... I feel like a hippo lately!!! But hopefully she will let me schedule my ultrasound so I can schedule the hospital tour at the same time for next week.
April 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I have been taking sudafed and benadryl at night. Helps a little. Went to my ear doc friend this morning and luckily I didn't do anything major to it. Just some fluid. So I'll just wait it out I guess!

I don't feel like I look huge but the scale says otherwise! It must be one big baby in there. I can't wait for this weekend, it's the first in MONTHS that I have absolutely no plans. Going to lay around and maybe go to some dinners with hubby! It's time to start resting up!

I have my birth center class/tour NEXT friday. Exciting! I'm now getting nervous that it's so close. I'm scared to give up my freedom!

April 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I am afraid about giving up my freedom too. I am so use to doing whatever I want whenever I want... I like my spur of the moment trips and Happy Hour with my friends.... **** now I want a drink and sushi (which is what my HH usually consists of) hehee

My boss just gave me my presents and he got me my stroller/travel system and a $500 gift certificate (which rocks since we didnt even get bottles or anything from our registry!) hehehe

I have got to get over this whole anti working thing right now, I just dont feel like being here whatsoever, I think it is because dh has been off for three months already and still gets another 5 weeks off!!

A nice quiet weekend sounds wonderful! Your bday is next month too right?
April 28th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I miss happy hour and sushi also! I totally want a grey goose martini, straight up with olives, and/or a bottle of wine. And lots of raw tuna.

Can I tell you I have like 900 dollars in gift cards/credit at BRU now? Did I say that already? Hello diapers!

Yes! My birthday is May 30th. I should be ginormous by then. When is yours? Do you have plans?

April 28th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Mine was in April, we didnt do anything... it just didnt feel like as much fun celebrating without booze (I am sooo bad) heheehe

I had my doc appointment today everything is good, no news is good news right.. hehehe I am measuring at 31 1/2 - 32 weeks which is a little behind but she doesnt seem to be concerned she said I am tall and have a long turso so... but I do get my ultrasound next week, which I am super excited about! and she said she thinks he is head down and back is up... straight up and down across my tummy.

I was thinking the same thing with my gc... diapers galore! The only thing I didnt get that I still need is a swing....

Anyways, how is your week going? I am soo ready for the weekned!
April 28th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Ohhh you are tall? LUCKY! I am only 5'2" and I don't think that helps anything. Haha. I get measured tomorrow, so far I have been measuring exact. She did think last time that he was butt down but it was hard to tell. I hope he turns! I will get an u/s in my 36th week when I meet the backup doc.

I know I have big plans to go to Nobu for my birthday but I wonder if by then I'll just feel like ordering in. Dressing up might be over for me! I just got home from body sculpt at the gym and it has definitely gotten harder. I had to lower my weights. I guess I'm really pregnant!

I have been exhausted this week and there's so much studio work to do before the baby! I can't wait til the weekend. We might buy our crib...finally.

April 29th, 2010, 06:42 AM
I swear this has been like the longest week in history! heehe And I have a feeling it is just going to get worse the closer we get!

What is Studio time?

I so cant get in to tour the hospital... I waited too long to schedule it, I think we are just going to run over there next wednesday and check it out after the ultrasound since the hospital is right accross the street.

And I like how I keep dreaming of drinking... getting drunk... and having fun! hehee My subconscience is trying to tell me something!
April 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Ugh, this week I feel like I've been hit by a bus! I am EXHAUSTED! I do one thing and I swear I need to nap!

Just the yoga studio that I manage...I have a bunch to do there.

My tour of the birthing center is next Friday! As long as all goes well and baby flips of course, I'll be hopefully birthing there. Let's hope I don't regret it!

I have a midwife appt. in a half hour and I am not in the mood...I don't know why but I feel like they always expect me to have a ton of questions and I don't. So then I end up making stuff up. Haha.

April 30th, 2010, 06:14 AM
You are a trooper for doing this drug free! I am like, give me the drugs NOW! heheehe

How was your midwife appointment?

At least it is the weekend (well almost!) I cant believe yall havent gotten a crib yet (I thought I was bad!). DId you do anything to the baby's room, decorate or anything?

So I was complaining to the doc about lack of sleep and she told me to take a benadryl (sp?) before bed, and I did last night and granted I woke up a couple of times to pee, I slept deeper than I have in months!
April 30th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I am nervous, but I just try to remind myself the reasons for wanting to do the birth center, and I feel good about it again. Midwife was good, he's still butt down, so now I'm doing some exercises to try to turn him. Wouldn't it be ironic if he never turned and I ended up with a scheduled C...so annoying!

The baby's room is also going to be a spare bedroom, so I'm not decorating it "baby" at all. There's still a queen bed in there. I figure when people visit I can just move the baby into our room. I'm all about minimal baby stuff! haha. Lately I've just been trying to put away all our shower stuff! So much crap!

YES I took benadryl with my cold at night, nothing wrong with that! Although I have no problem sleeping besides the pee visits! I am sooo tired lately, do you feel the same?

April 30th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I am always tired but I cant sleep. It sucks arse! And it isnt that I am uncomfortable because I am not really that uncomfortable yet, I think it is just my hormones... And for some reason I keep thinking I am 34 weeks not 33 weeks which just sucks! herhehee

I hope you dont have to have a C-Section! What made you decided to do the birthing center?
May 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hey! How was your weekend? Mine was HOT! I know you don't feel bad as you're in Texas but it was 90 here in NYC and humid and I swear I lost my ankles. HOW do people stay pregnant all summer?

Anyway it was a nice wkend otherwise. Did a lot of nothing! Husband put together a lot of baby stuff, we went to dinner, went to a street fair, it was nice. Did you do anything fun?

May 3rd, 2010, 12:28 PM
I was just about to email you! hehehe

My weekend was good, quiet. Saw my sister I havent seen in like a year or two (long story) but that was about it! Laid around all day yesterday reading a book... thinking about all crap I need to do, but DH was being super lazy so it was a good excuse for me to be too! hehehe

DId you get your crib?

I think I am beginning to start that uncomfy feeling! My back is killing me! I cant wait til Wednesday and I can see him and make sure everything is okay!

What does your week look like?
May 3rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
I was reading "the help" all weekend, have you read? It's really good! Only problem is I can't seem to find a comfy position to read in anymore!

I think uncomfy is normal! Haha. My lovely NY friends are throwing a CASUAL shower for me on Thursday afternoon. Should be nice. Easier then a family shower! Otherwise I have lots of work to do. I feel like I can barely make it through the day without passing out!

Omg I got the yummiest Starbucks drink today, went all out. Chocolatey Chip Frappucino WITH whip...I never get this bad, but **** it is yummy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search