Lousee & bkro9

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2010, 01:35 PM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds yummy!

No, I will totally have to check it out (the help) what is it about?

I am reading a book about murders and pedifiles in a gay community in Hollywood... I love murder mystery bookS! I want a nook.

Has your head cold cleared up yet?
May 3rd, 2010, 04:40 PM
bkro9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My cold is finally better! Thank you. It was a real pain to get rid of!

It's hard to explain...I'll let amazon do it for me. Amazon.com: The Help (9780399155345): Kathryn Stockett: Books

It is so good! I can't put it down.

I think we are finally ordering our crib this week! Haha we are slow. What does yours look like?

May 4th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Looks interesting I will def. check it out! I am such a book worm (but so is DH so I dont feel so bad)! I actually got about 20 books for the LO already!

Here is the crib we got.... [IMG][/IMG]

It was only like $125.00 and seeing as how we are having a boy and how hard boys are on things, I didnt want to spend $300-$400 for something that will eventually get distroyed!

I love coffee... It makes everything better!

Is you back hurting you? THe last few days, my back has been killing me and I am wondering if it is going to be like this for the next 6-7 weeks... I hope not!
May 4th, 2010, 06:54 AM
So cute!!! I think we are getting a very simple white crib. I will post a pic when we FINALLY get it. ;0)

My back is ok, but I've been told the whole pregnancy that I have super strong abs. Which makes sense with all the yoga and arm balances and upside down poses I did! So I think that supports my back. However, my hands and feet don't look too swollen, but they feel stiff and uncomfortable. And my wedding rings stopped fitting once it got so yucky and humid!

I also have a ton of books for the kid already! My husband is a ghost writer and works closely with Simon and Schuster, his friend sent us a lots of books! It's great!

I have so much work to do at the yoga studio today and it's so hot and I'm tired...let's see how that one goes.

Are you doing any prenatal yoga or anything similar?

May 6th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Nope no yoga here, I am sooo lazy lately.... actually I found I kept waking up on my back the other night and since then it feels sooo much better!

We saw the LO yesterday... he looked good, measuring in at almost 5lbs, which puts him between 7-8lbs when born (my doc was dead on!) hehehe

Do you have any plans for the weekend?
May 6th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I have my NYC shower on Saturday which will be much more casual then my last. Just friends and brunch! Tomorrow we have our tour/mandatory birth center class. I think it's just all the policies and such. Next week we are doing birth classes, are you doing any?

Ugh I have so much to do today, work wise. Not feeling it!

I'm pretty sure he flipped! Suddenly I am getting kicks on my upper right side where the head used to be. I will find out next thurs. at the midwife. I don't have an u/s until the 20th. But I know they are like up to 2lbs off anyway so I hate to even have one. Doctors are so annoying! Haha.

What are you up to this weekend? Oh I am also getting a massage on Sunday! Husband is going to visit his mom in Florida (she has cancer). Massage for me!

May 6th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot it is mothers day this weekend.... I am sure DH will head down to her house on Sunday (I will not!)

I plan on hitting up the farmers market and organizing the little ones room... that is about it...

I am sorry about your MIL.... that sucks. But I am sure she will be super happy to see your DH.

That is where I feel alot of my movements too, and the confirmed he was head down yesterday... so Yay! One less thing for you to worry about!

We are not taking any classes, since I plan on getting an Epidural, the doc said there wasnt really a point in spending the $400 for the class (so ridiculous how expensive everything is).

Yay for a second shower, especially one without all the fuss!
May 7th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Hey! Just got back from the birth center tour, it's great! It got me motivated again for birth. I can't wait for this to all be over!!!

My feet have swelled! I think a foot massage is in order.

May 7th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I was wondering how it went! I am happy you like it, it will make the whole experience that much better!!!

I am ready for this week to be over, I am so slow at work I dont know what to do with myself...

Have a great brunch shower this weekend!!
May 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Thank you! Have fun relaxing. We have to relax as much as we can, right?

May 10th, 2010, 06:11 AM
How was the shower? Hopefully you got the rest of the stuff you needed!!!
May 10th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hey! Shower was great! Fun with friends. Got lots more stuff. Now anything I need (mostly small stuff) I'm just ordering with BRU gift cards!

Crib should come in this week! Holy cow...and I even picked out a going home outfit. SCARY!

So I really thought baby flipped but now I'm changing my mind. I will find out more Thursday. I hate the wait!

Did you have a nice weekend? Are you seeing the doc weekly yet?

May 10th, 2010, 07:07 AM
Yay! I am glad your brunch shower went well! What crib did yall decide on?

I dont know when I start the once a week visits. I go in on Wednesday and I guess she will tell me then. I just want this to be over... The closer it gets the more anxious I am!

I would try not to worry about the baby flipping, you still have plenty of time for all of that.

DH's bday is Saturday and I have no idea what to get him or anything, I was going to get him Tool Tickets but they are playing on June 20th.... I just think that is cutting it alittle close...

I have a feeling it is going to be another long week!
May 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
We picked this Sorelle white crib that is super plain and modern looking. I'll take a pic once it gets set up! I also ordered bedding to be made that I should get mid may! I remember that seemed soooo long ago when I ordered it.

Oh I used to love Tool! Haven't listened to them in ages for some reason. I got a prenatal massage yesterday and while it was good...she KILLED me! After getting out all the knots I am now sore as hell. My back is killing me. Is that worth it? Probably not.

It is much cooler out this week, like 60 degrees. MUCH BETTER for my swelling!

May 10th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I would think the prenatal massage would make you feel better, not sore!

I wanna see what the bedding looks like.

Have you tried cutting out some salt in your diet, that might help your swelling too.
May 10th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Actually the swelling is completely gone thanks to the weather! I blame heat and the constant walking I do around the city.

Speak of the devil, the crib came in today! Hopefully hubby will put it together this weekend. And the bedding will come in soon. It's so cute, green with owls...I've been on some weird owl kick lately. Who knows.

I want Starbucks but I'm too lazy to go out.

May 10th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I forgot you were doing owls! I think that is going to be super cute!

Have you picked a peditrican yet? We just picked ours and apparent (DH talked to them, not me) and they want to meet with me asap. I wonder why? Oh well, just means I will be taking an afternoon off! hehee (I am so bad)!

Starbucks sounds yummy! I want a mocha frap with no whip!
May 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
PS I have decided that all the mommies that know when they are having their little ones suck! (okay mostly I am just jealous cause I wanna have a date!)
May 12th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Ha. I don't feel jealous because that means they have a scheduled C and that sucks! I have acupuncture tomorrow to start trying to turn my child and avoid it! Haha. How are you feeling this Wednesday? I'm trying to get pumped up enough to go to my body sculpt class. I'm determined to go til at least 2 weeks before the due date! I am waiting for when I'm "too big" to eat a lot...that sure hasn't happened yet!!!

May 12th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Right, I was thinking about that the other day... I was like, I am not tooo big to not eat a whole meal! I have been craving more healthy foods as of late though, which is good.

I had a doc appointment we went over the ultrasound, everyhting looks good, he is in the 40th percentile.. she said not to worry, that he is measuring exactly on his due date. I dont have to go back for another two weeks. Which is fine by me! Except I am up 25lbs now. Which puts me right around my target of 30 (I figured I would gain... gosh I hope I can lose it fast).

You have a midwife appointment tomorrow right? I hope your actupuncture goes well... I have heard lots of good things about it, but I have never done it. It will be interesting if it works!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search