littlemommy865 & Canuck_78

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: Danielle
User Name: littlemommy865
Due Date: June 19, 2010
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown (until Feb 2)
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? #2
How many children do you have? 1 (this pregnancy is Geoff's first)

Name: Melissa
User Name: Canuck_78
Due Date: June 19th
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown until the 28th
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? #6, 3rd child
How many children do you have? 2 biological, 1 stepson
January 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
littlemommy865's Avatar Expecting Caidence Faith!
Hi Melissa! I am excited to have a due date buddy with my due date! I haven't seen you around much, but maybe I am just missing you

To start I will give a little of my background info.

I live near the shore in Connecticut (USA). I am a SAHM and full time student. I have a 4 year old little boy named Daniel and a husband named Geoff (we just got married January 2nd). We have a cat named Cubby and a guinea pig named Doofus (Doofy as a nickname) - he is a total nerd of an animal, so that's where he got his name.

I had an emergency c-section with DS (his heart rate and activity made them think there was something wrong, he ended up having mechonium (sp?) in his fluid).

For this little miracle, we weren't trying and weren't preventing. We have been together for 3 years so we just sort of gave up on birth control (honestly it was a while that we weren't using it when we conceived). We wanted to be married before the baby is born, so we got married pretty quick, but it was a great wedding, everything I could have dreamed of, especially in the short amount of time.

We are due to find out the gender (if the bean cooperates) on February 2nd (next Tuesday) and I am so excited! I really would love a little girl (though DH and DS would love a boy). I feel like if it's a boy I will be even more outnumbered!

Anyway, I am rambling!

January 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Canuck_78's Avatar Super Mommy
First of all, sorry about taking so long to answer this thread. I have been having trouble with my internet and so I decided to use my good ol blackberry! LOL

My name is Melissa, married to David for 5 years. I work in a headstart center and he is a police officer as well as an MP in the Army Reserves. We have 2 kids together, Dominic who is 4 and Haylee who is 2. We also have a 10 year old from one of his previous relationships and his name is Eric.

Dominic was born via c-section for failure to progress because I had been in labor for 19 hours and was still dilated only to a 3 and hadn't progressed at all in 6 hours.
Haylee was born via vbac after 21 hours of labor but everything went well with her.
Hopefully I will be able to have a vaginal birth with this one as well. We had a doctor's appointment yesterday but baby was laying in a weird position so he couldn't tell for sure what the sex was. He did say that he thinks its a girl and that's what I saw as well. We will hopefully have confirmation on monday when we see the peri.

That's about it for now I guess. I am glad to have you as my buddy and I'm sure we'll get to know each other better by June.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

January 31st, 2010, 07:41 AM
Hi Melissa! A funny thing is that I was typing your response and went to send it last night and the internet went down and I lost it! I was just saying how I go to school online so it's horrible when the internet goes down, I can't be without it long.

I am hoping for a VBAC with this little bean so I am excited to have a buddy that has had one successfully before.

I have my big ultrasound on Tuesday and I am soooo excited. I am just hoping the baby cooperates because we're having a gender reveal party with our families on Saturday so I hope there is something to tell them!

February 3rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
First of all, congrats again on finding out baby's gender! I am really happy for you!

As for the VBAC, I am hoping to do it again this time as well. If you have any questions or concerns don't be shy to ask I'll try to answer if I can.

February 5th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the congrats! I keep forgetting to check up here, I am still getting used to it I guess! I can't wait to OFFICIALLY announce the gender! I know I dropped hints, but I can't really SAY it until after tomorrow evening or DH will be ticked!

February 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey guys, I'm due the 19th too! I know it's a little late but do you care if I join your due date buddies?
February 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hey Danielle! Congrats on your baby girl...officially! LOL of course I had already guessed! Hehehe

Jess, I don't mind if its ok with Danielle.

February 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awesome

It looks like we are all expecting girls too! That's pretty funny!

Here's some info about me n my LO

I'm Jessica and I'm 24. I've been married to DH, Andy, for like 3 n a half years. We have 2 boys. Michael will be 4 in March and Anthony will be 2 in April. They actually had the same due date! I think that's so weird!!
I'm working part time now, doing security on the weekends. I basucally do nothing but sit on the computer the whole time! That's when I'm usually on here!
I'm also in nursing school right now. I'm in my first semester but it's fun and I love it!!
With DS#1 my water broke at 3am and I got an epidural right away at the hospital. They started pictocin about 6am and I slept thru most of my labor! Michael came after 2 and a half hours of pushing at 8:30 that night. Not too bad even though the pushing sucked!
With DS#2 I actually went into labor. Got to the hospital when contractions were like 5 minutes apart at about 10pm, must have been a full moon, didn't get into a room until the contractions were ontop of eachother. Got the epidural and had anthony after 15 minutes of pushing at 2am ish. Way worse than my labor with DS#1!!

Well it feels like it's flying past already!! 21 weeks down!! Do either of you know the days? I think we have 132 left?
February 8th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_78 View Post
Hey Danielle! Congrats on your baby girl...officially! LOL of course I had already guessed! Hehehe

Jess, I don't mind if its ok with Danielle.
Thank you Melissa! I know I wasn't subtle, it was hard to keep it to myself because I was so excited!!!

Welcome Jess!

February 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Danielle, just wanted to say I really like the name you picked for your little girl. Its very pretty!

Jess, I am actually the "odd woman out" of the 3 of us. We found out we were actually expecting a boy at our appointment with the peri.

Do you ladies have any ideas for a middle name that would go well with Chase? Our last name starts with P and has 3 syllables. DH and I just can't agree on 1 so far.

February 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Melissa, boys are so much fun though so thats ok!
What do both of your kiddos think about having another baby in the family?
Melissa, what about Chase Michael or Chase Alexander? Are you thinking longer or shorter middle names? I'm struggling with a middle name too! I know we are going to name her Bailey but I'm not sure Bailey what! We really liked Bailey Jane but that would make her initials BJ.... so we decided against it. Do you guys think one syllable sounds best with it Bailey Grace, Bailey Anne... or longer ones like Bailey Christine, Bailey Elizabeth, Bailey Michelle, and Bailey Nicole? lol we havent ruled much out except J names :/ I realized too that each person in my family either has their first or middle name start with an A, quite by accident... now I'm wondering will she feel left out if she doesn't?? What do you guys think?
February 11th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Melissa, I struggle so much with boys names which is why I am more than grateful I have a girl on the way. If she were a boy she may have been named Myles Joseph. I don't know if that helps at all.

Jess, Daniel is so excited that he is going to have a sister. He is a little confused though because he wants a baby sister to turn into a brother (he wants a brother his age, which isn't possible, but he doesn't get it, it's cute).

I really like Bailey Anne. I really like the middle name Anne. My middle name was almost Anne and I really wish it was, but my grandmother didn't like it at the time so my mom changed her mind (boo to her).

February 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_78 View Post
Danielle, just wanted to say I really like the name you picked for your little girl. Its very pretty!
Thank you Melissa! DH and I actually both loved the name Caidence before we even knew eachother, which I guess you can say fate may have put her hand on, maybe? Faith came from when she was conceived actually. It's a weird, funny story. I don't mind sharing.

DH and I had broken up over a huge fight about nothing at his cousin's wedding (on DH's birthday as a matter of fact). It was our date night so my father was caring for Daniel and I didn't want to go home so I slept in DH's bed and he slept on the couch. I cried myself to sleep that night. I was devastated that things went so sour when we had such a great relationship up until that night's argument. I prayed that night (I was never a religious person) that things would work out the way they should and that I trusted that we were meant to be together. The next morning I went down to talk to him and he said he didn't regret breaking up with me, so I got upset and went to his room to start packing to leave. Then he came in and sat down. He had a gentle voice and wanted to talk. We talked for a while and worked out what was itching us both. We made up shortly after (the best way a couple knows how, haha). Caidence was conceived that very morning. Since we came back together in the way we did and so much stronger, Faith seemed appropriate.

I know it's a corny story, but there is a definite meaning to her middle name as well as being pretty (and we wanted something short because out last name is not very long and begins with a "J").

February 13th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's a great story! How cute! I really like that name too! It's very pretty!

My 3 year old, He'll be 4 in march, is so thrilled to be having a sister! He hugs n kisses my belly and sings to his sister and tells her stories. Its great. He wanted a sister because he already has a brother. Before we knew the sex he would say if it was a boy we could send it back lol So funny. He keeps having crazy ideas about how he's going to keep her safe. Its adorable!

My little one who will be 2 in April doesn't really understand but he kisses my belly and knows her name. When you ask him, where's Bailey? He picks up my shirt and gets this huge smile on his face and says Bailey, Bailey lol

I liked Bailey Anne a lot too and DHs sister is names Anne so it's like in the family kind of. DH think it might sound a little hickish?? Like a 2 name first name? IDK lol
Names are so hard to pick!!
March 3rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks. I posted an update in the main forum though. I missed you girls!

March 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can u guys believe we're in double digits!? Crazy! Almost time for the third and final stretch!

March 17th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah I know I noticed a few days ago on my ticker that I had made it to the double digits and I was like OMG already??? LOL

March 22nd, 2010, 07:01 AM
Hi ladies! I have been MIA as well. I am in the middle of preparing to move this Saturday (the 27th) and it's been a very busy time of preparing the new place and packing the old. They are 30-35 minutes apart so it's not like we can drive down the street and do a little at a time. We spent all day Friday and Saturday working on it and there is still more to do! I can't wait to be done and move into our new place! I hope you ladies are doing well!

March 22nd, 2010, 07:06 AM
As a side note, I definitely still want to get to know you ladies, it just may be a couple weeks until I am back on regularly. I will try to be on here when I can, but it may not be as often as I would like. I will PM you both my e-mail address which I check daily (my family tends to like to keep in touch electronically) in case there is anything urgent or you wanted to talk that way. Although I love being here, right now we are so busy it doesn't take priority in the scheme of things and I don't want to lose touch through this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search