Kilee & destiny2000

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2010, 08:10 AM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
thats cute thats how my kids were last time too, my 4yr old (3 at the time) thought she could share toys with matthew while he was in my belly..lol... ya the kids are excited, my son the most cause he went from the only boy to now being the oldest of 3 boys, and my girls are at the age to start playing together and he's feeling left out cause he was always the one to play with my oldest. No we aren't doing a nursery, I did that for my first and she never used it because of the bf-ing thing, lol, Matthew will only sleep in his carseat still, I tried moving him to the pack n play but he likes the security of the carseat, so i'm gonna have to go get a new infant carseat, but.. he's been sleeping through the night since he was 6weeks old, so i'm not complaining if thats where he wants to be..lol..i just put him in that with his paci and blanket strapped in and he falls right to sleep and i just put him on the floor in my room, so there really isn't a point in doing anything for the new baby, i always get them new blankets though.

are you getting tired at all, more than normal? whens your next appt?
February 12th, 2010, 09:04 AM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am dead tired. I really don't remember being this tired with either of my other 2. It's like bedtime is now my absolute favorite time of the day. What about you?

My next appt. is March 3rd. I wish it would hurry up and get here. At my ultrasound a week and a half ago she said that my cervix was starting to shorten (3.3cm) and was funneling a little bit. This appt. coming up the doctor will start to check my cervix and I will have another ultrasound to measure my cervix. I just pray to God that it hasn't shortened anymore. Of course, that has me extremely paranoid that I will go into preterm labor and every little ache or pain has me freaking out that my cervix will dialate. It doesn't help that baby has been kind of quiet these last 3 days. That's just more worry. I'm telling you, this kid is going to be the death of me. I've done more worrying during these 22 weeks then I did my entire other 2 pregnancies combined. I had bleeding the first 14 weeks, partial placenta previa after that and now this issue with my cervix. Is it June yet? lol.

February 13th, 2010, 09:20 PM
ugg i've been so tired... I had my first dr appt down here in mass. on friday and I tell you I already love this practice... they are actually rushing a level 2 us for next wed. (since monday is a holiday). They are really concerned about the lack of care really that I was getting from my other dr. I had gd last time and still haven't been tested yet, they have it written that at my last u/s the baby was measuring big, and when they measured me on friday i was measuring small, and now that i have started bleeding on and off, with my history of preterm dialation, they are ticked that my cervix hasn't been watched.. so they are rushing all these tests and want everything done before the end of next week... so now.. I'm freaking out at all the what ifs... ugg.. i really really won't be able to handle bedrest, but know that it's likely to happen.... maddox is soo active, and i believe he has turned head down or around that way cause all my movements are in my upper right side and a few little ones down near my cervix as if once and awhile he is punching it... i feel like i have to pee constantly there is so much pressure, and my bh's are picking up. so now yup i'm offically scared
February 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM
That's good that this new practice is being so pro-active and checking everything out. It'll definately take some stress off of your mind. Who knew pregnancy could be so stressful, huh? My sister is pregnant for the first time (due July 7th) and I am so envious of how non-chalant she is about everything. I wish I could just put all my fears aside, but I think that once you have a baby with a birth defect or an issue during pregnancy it's hard to put your fears to rest in subsequent pregnancies.

Hppay Valentine's Day by the way. Do you have any plans for tonight? I know we are going out to dinner and maybe doing a little bit of shopping, who knows. Hopefully you have a good day!

Has your doctor put you on any restrictions yet? My doctor has had me on pelvic rest since 6 weeks and 6 days and it is absolutely driving me nuts. After my last appt. they didn't put me on bedrest, but they do want me to take it easy and not do too much or anything in the least bit strenuous.

February 16th, 2010, 10:23 AM
we didn't do anything for valentines, i was 3hrs away cause thats where i have to travel for my kids to see their dad, by the time i got home Thomas was at work.

I have no restrictions yet but i'm sure they are about to come...

I have a rushed level 2 u/s tomorrow at 10:30 to check everything out there, I have an appt with the high risk dr. right after, and then another appt next thur with my dr here...so hopefully by tomorrow this time i'll have a few answers...
February 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Well good luck at your ultrasound and your appointment. Hopefully everything goes great! Keep me updated.

February 17th, 2010, 07:44 AM
I will, headed out in about 15 min.

What are your restrictions with the pelvic rest? I think that would drive me crazy...
February 18th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Basically, pelvic rest is no sex, nothing in or around that area. Initially I was put on it because I had bleeding off and on throughout the first trimester or so and they couldn't find a cause, then they found that I had partial placenta previa which has since almost moved out of the way but now it is due to my cervix starting to shorten and funnel. More than likely I will be on pelvic rest the rest of the pregnancy or atleast until 37 weeks when it wouldn't matter if I went into labor. Poor Hubby!

Hope all went well with your apppointment.

February 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
thanks appt went well, baby is doing great, cervix is behaving for now. i ended up in the hospital last night though which sucked.. within one hour I went from feeling fine to having almost 90% blood in my urine.. i was in so much pain.. pain meds and antibiotics and i am home now just resting
February 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
What was causing the blood?

Glad you are home now, sucks that you had to go to the hospital. Just rest and get better.

That's good that the baby is doing good and your cervix is behaving, I just wish mine would. Send some of your good cervix vibes my way would you. So, was baby measuring big, small or right on? I know that you said that one time they said baby was measuring big and another time small, or atleast I think you said that.

Does your baby kick you in the cervix at all? I swear like 75% of the movement that I feel are cervix kicks. Not only are they kind of odd feeling (can't really say they hurt, just feel sort of weird) but it worries me with my already shortening and funneling cervix that they can't be too good for it. I never had any cervix kicks at all that I can remember with my other 2. It's really weird, this pregnancy couldn't be anymore different from previous ones at all.

February 18th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I talked to the dr today and they think I passed a kidney stone too on top of the bladder infection so both were causing blood..

the baby was measuring right on on my level 2 u/s yesterday, so i'm guessing we will just watch that...funny thing about the cervix kicks... Maddox is head down already and the u/s tech watched him for 10min punch my cervix, she thought it was hysterical, i was like, well it doesn't feel to good... thats were 90% of my movement is felt too, but I know he's punching it not kicking it...

do you have a belly pic?
February 18th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I had a kidney stone when I was pregnant with my daughter and it was like one of the worst things EVER. I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. I told my husband that it was almost as bad as labor, atleast in labor contractions come and go, but with a kidney stone the pain is sooo intense and it just stays. Hopefully you don't have anymore of those and your bladder infection heals quickly.

That's good that baby was measuring right on. At my ultrasound baby was measuring about 8 days ahead. It has been measuring ahead since my very first ultrasound at 6 weeks and 6 days. It has always measured atleast 2 days larger but I only had a 23 day cycle when I got pregnant so I'd say I really am actually a few days ahead.

As for pics, I am not too computer saavy, so I really don't know how to put any on here. I've taken a few belly pics with my iphone but that's about all. I really need to sit down and figure out how to put pics on the computer, it's just finding the time and having the patience. My computer is running a little slow lately.

I'm glad I am not the only one getting hit in the cervix, although I'm pretty sure mine are kicks. Just about all my movements are down low either to the cervix or to the left side. Occasionally I will get some movement in the upper right portion of my stomach which I believe to be punches.

February 18th, 2010, 10:34 PM
ya the pain seriously was worse than labor, i hope to never feel it again..lol...can anyone else feel the kicks yet? i had to laugh i was laying next to thomas tonight and Maddox kept kicking him and he was like hey buddy stop kicking me, and i was like how do you think i feel..lol...he's been better today, he was so crazy last night because of the pain i was in and he wasn't liking it
February 19th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I have felt the kicks from the outside but nobody else has. It's not because you can't feel them yet, it's because baby is stubborn and won't kick if someone has there hand there. Yesterday, my 2 year old was sitting on my lap and pulled my shirt up to look at my belly and baby kicked. She was amazed that my stomach was moving, but everytime she would put her hand there to feel it would stop, she would move her hand baby would start to move again. Baby is already tormenting it's sister.

Was this the first time you have ever had a kidney stone? I only had it that one time that I was pregnant with my daughter but my aunt and my mom get them all the time. I just couldn't imagine having it happen more than once. It was sooo painful! It really sucks when your pregnant because they have to watch what meds and just how much they give you so it takes a lot longer to feel relief. I think that when I had my kidney stone that was the only time in my life aside from my appendicitis(sp?) that I can remember throwing up due to being in so much pain.

So, are you counting down the days to 24 weeks viability like I am? I don't know why, but I think I will feel sooo much better once I get there. I'm so worried that I will go into preterm labor or something. I think because my cervix has never really had any issues until this pregnancy so I am concerned something will happen.

Have you bought stuff for baby yet? I haven't bought one thing yet. I am such a procrastinator. I really have to wait because I am not into gender neutral stuff, so I want to be able to buy girl and boy items and be able to return the gender items I don't need. Most stores have a 60 day return policy. I figure I will start probably about the end of April.

February 19th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Ya I have never had a kidney stone before and i never ever want one again..lol...I am so counting down the days till 24weeks, I unlike you have never done that, but for some reason this time it seems like such a milestone for me. I'm going to be so much at ease once that hits, then 28, then 32... then i'll probably start complaining I want it over with haha... I'm just happy to be so close to boston childrens hospital that I just want to be over 24 weeks. I haven't bought anything.. I feel bad, but I have so much from Matthew only being 10months, but.. He was born in march so all his newborn stuff is winter related and this will be a summer baby.. i have all the bigger stuff except I need a carseat, just haven't found the one i want..lol.. and I hate making decisions so it takes me forever. Plus with just moving I'm tired of adding more stuff..lol... I want so badly to buy something but maybe when I hit 24weeks lol...

Congrats to you on being team green, I soo could not do it...
Are you craving anything? or does anything make you really sick?
February 19th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Being on team green is definately hard to maintain. Sometimes I think it would be so much easier if I just found out but I keep on looking forward to June and getting to hear "It's a ____". That keeps me excited and gives me my willpower. I think, actually I know, if I didn't already have a boy and a girl I couldn't do it. It just sucks that I don't really care for gender neutral things too much so I almost got to wait until baby is almost here and in some cases (carseat, crib bedding, stroller, etc.) I have to wait until baby is here. I am planning on have like 2 choices for each gender picked out that a store carries and once we have the baby dh will have to go pick up the items. My mom will wash the clothes of the gender so when I come home the right clothes are clean. It is kind of a hassle, but hopefully worth it in the end.

As for cravings, I have been craving sweet things here lately. I will go out of my way to get something like cake, cookies, etc. I am not usually like this. It is definately not good for my weight. I finally lost all my weight from my daughter and then some before I got pregnant and it's all coming back. I have also been craving salads as well, which doesn't make me feel as bad. Nothing makes me sick really, except for maybe tacos. I really have to be in the mood to even think about eating them. How about you? Any major cravings?

How is the weather? We just keep getting snow storm after snow storm here. Right now we are getting a few days break, but I keep hearing there is more snow coming in a few days. Idk, I guess we'll see. I feel like it's the never ending winter. I can't wait for spring!

I am kind of in the same situation you are on clothing for my little one. If it's a girl, I have plenty of clothes from my daughter, but she was born in January and this will be a summer baby and if it is a boy, my son was born in the summer but we had no 0-3 month clothes and hardly and 3-6 month clothes due to him being in the hospital. Plus a lot of his clothes had to be altered to fit his g-tube in so they wouldn't work for another baby. Oh well, I love any excuse to go shopping!

February 21st, 2010, 06:58 PM
taco's make me sick too lol... other than that nothing really makes me sick.. I crave steak and spicy foods though, and I normally hate spicy food.... I'm very excited I only have 6days left till viability...woohoo..
February 22nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
I have 4 days left until viability. I think that it will reassure me a lot more once I hit that magic mark. I know that even at 24 weeks odds are still not great, but hey it still makes me feel better. My cousin had her baby at 24 weeks and 2 days this past September. He is currently still in the hospital but is making progress. She developed pre-eclampsia but also they think that there was a problem with her placenta because he was sooo small. He only weighed like 14oz. and was like 10 in. long I think. It's been awhile so I forget all the exact details, but I think he is up to like 9lbs. now. My sister went in and had her level 2 ultrasound today and found out that she is having a boy. It's so weird that my little sister is having a baby at about the same time I am. She's due July 7th and I'm due June 18th, so about 3 weeks difference.

I cannot wait until I go back to see the doctor. I just want him to check my cervix and make sure it isn't shortening or dialating anymore. It's just so stressful to not know. I go back on March 3rd. When do you have to go back?

Do any of your kids due any sports or activities. My son is in boy scouts and we will be starting baseball again in the spring. I told my husband the other day, I don't know how we will do it when all 3 kids end up in sports and activities. We are busy enough when baseball season comes with just our son. I am hoping to get my daughter in gymnastics in the next year or two. I think they have to be 3 or 4 before they can start. I was a cheerleader all through school so I have been working a little with her to get her introduced to things. So far, she absolutely loves it and likes to show off her little rolls and flips. It's cute!

March 5th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Haven't heard from you for awhile, hope everything is okay.

March 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Sorry I was mia, I ended up being in the hospital the whole week. ugg that was way too long to be in the hospital, but trying to find sitters and what not to watch the four kids. I went to the emergency room at 4am because of pain in my stomach, I knew it wasn't the baby but couldn't handle the pain any longer.. anyways, got admitted because of what was suspected as a kidney infection. I ended up with sever kidney infections and they weren't functioning properly, so after being on iv antibiotics all week i was allowed to go home and am on pill antibiotics for another week. Maddox was fine the whole time which is a relief, because I couldn't regulate my bp and am still having issues with that.. for a few days it was 70/40.. right now it's kind of steadily hanging at 100/60 or 90/50... I just have to watch my fever and make sure it doesn't get any higher than it is. So I'm back now... If you pm your cell number I can make sure I can let you know if something happens

oh ya and on top of all that, I ended up with a yeast infection because of all the meds grr!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search