Hannah79 & Krissy0506

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: Hannah
User Name: Hannah79
Due Date: June 18
Boy/Girl Status: Unknown--hopefully finding out soon
Marital Status: Happily married
What # pregnancy is this for you? 3
How many children do you have? 1 DS--almost 6, 1 DS that is an angel

Name: Krystle
User Name: Krissy0506
Due Date: June 19th
Boy/Girl/Unknown: boy - Rylan
Marital Status: married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 2nd
How many children do you have? 1 (3 year old daughter)
February 1st, 2010, 05:51 PM
hannah79's Avatar A little bit wicked
Just noticed this up! Are you still out there?

February 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
KalliRyRysMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi! I just now noticed this! Yep I'm still here!

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
February 5th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I probably missed your gender post but what are you having (if you've found out) I hope to hear from you!

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
February 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM
We are having a little boy. We are very excited. We have a six year old little boy already. Our second baby, Sawyer, was born last February, but he only lived for a few hours. So we were really surprised to find out it was another boy. We were sure this one was a girl. Everything looks perfect though, so we can't complain. I noticed you have a little gir already. Do you know what you are expecting?

February 6th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Aww! Congrats on your little boy, definitely is a blessing! Yes we have a 3 year old little girl and was trying for almost 2 years before we finally got pregnant. We're pregnant with a little boy as well We're going to name him Rylan -- A little about me, I'm married to a childhood sweetheart (almost 4 years now), both DH and I are deaf, but my little girl is hearing. We're waiting to see if Rylan will be hearing or deaf since deafness runs in my family. We live in a small town in GA called Hull and pretty much live a quiet life here ha . How about you??

February 6th, 2010, 05:38 PM
DH and I started dating my senior year of high school. Once he graduated from college and started working, we got married. We have been together for twelve years, but have been married just over seven. Chris is a police officer and I am a high school teacher. We were born and raised in Arlington, Texas--home of the new Cowboys stadium. However we are frantically trying to get our house ready to sell and buy a bigger house.

So how has your pregnancy been? Luckily this has been very easy for the most part. I hope it stays this way.

February 8th, 2010, 07:40 PM
My pregnancy has come by okay.. we've had a few bumps in the road, I had to have a cerclage put in at 14 weeks because I was dilated to 1 cm and my cervix was weakening. Since then it's been okay, I'm gonna be starting my progesterone shots this week (not a fan of needles here), and will continue to hope and pray I carry Rylan fullterm!

With DD I had her at 32w5d pregnant, my old obgyn didn't know why I dilated except said "you had an infection" but never inspected why I had an infection.

Was your pregnancy with your 1st son easy??

February 9th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Everything with DS1 was great until the end. I had a few blood pressure issues and some serious swelling. I was on bedrest the last 6 or 7 weeks. I'm getting a little scared that it will happen again because I am already starting to swell pretty good. Last week I had to go and get new shoes at lunch because my feet were so swollen by the middle of the day.

I think it was so easy because I was so much younger too. I was 24 then, now I'm 30. Man, I feel old. When he was born I was convinced that I would only have 2 children and that I would be done by the time I was 30. Now we want at least one more, possibly 2. What about you. Anymore after this one?

February 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Haha when I got pregnant - I felt I was going to be done and be content with 2 kids.... BUT I haven't really discussed this with DH but I think God has other plans for us... one more baby in store for us to have but I'm gonna wait it out and since with my cerclage issues, I'd more likely wait til I'm 29 or 30 before having our 3rd child. DH says he's done with 2.. but we'll see if he'll change his mind!

With DS1 - did you have to be induced to have him due to ur issues?? Or your water broke on its own and voila you had him??

February 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM
He was born on a Tuesday. They were going to induce that day, but I went into labor on my own the morning before. I went into labor around 10 Monday morning. We got to the hospital that evening. I was at a four when I was admitted, but that is as far as I got. They finally did the c-section around 4:00 that afternoon. The section itself was a great experience. Hopefully it will be just as good this time around.

Totally off topic, but how did you and your husband meet?

February 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Wow - DD was born on a tuesday as well -- they wouldn't let me deliever her vaginally becuz she was so small and breech (4 lbs 4 oz, 16 3/4 long) SO I'm hoping for a VBAC this time around!

DH and I met at camp lol - when I was 12 years old and he was 11 -- we didn't really date until I was 15 and he was 14 but it was on and off until I was 21 years old and he was 21 years old as well.. we got back together and he moved in with me in Jan, we got engaged on the 17th of March, Found out I was pregnant with DD on April 11th, got married May 15th, had DD on OCt 24th So DH and I have known each other for a long, long time

How did you and your DH come together??

March 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I am totally crappy! I completely forgot about the buddy area. Things have been so crazy lately. I hope everything has been good for the last few weeks. We are just moving along!

DH and I met through my best friend. It sounds kinda weird. Her mom and my mother-in-law are best friends. My best friend heard that dh and his girlfriend had broken up, so she decided to introduce us. So I have know my mil way longer than DH. We started dating my senior year of high school and have been together ever since. Next month it will be 12 years. Yikes I am old!!

Saw your pics in the pic gallery. You look great. I am not brave enough to even take a picture of my pregnant self, let alone post it online. Everyone in their pictures look so cute and pregnant. I just feel fat.

March 13th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Hi! It's okay!! We've all been busy especially now with the due dates approaching! I've been working with my job and trying to get Rylan's room ready and we're pretty much done with his room except I gotta wash loads of his clothes and put them up! Aww - it's weird how we meet our special ones! .

How is your pregnancy coming along?? Good I hope! I finally stopped seeing my high risk dr two weeks ago (yay) he said that everything is going so well that he doesn't need to see me anymore. The only downside is that I won't see Rylan anymore booo to that! I'll be seeing my Ob-Gyn this thursday and have to do that yucky GD test.

BTW thanks for complimenting on my pictures - there's some days I feel fat (I'm chubby in a way already), some days I feel pregnant. There's still some people that still has to ask me "Are you pregnant?" lol, one person even said that I didn't look huge - well duh I'm not even in my full 6th month - I still got 3 more months for my belly to grow (and become ugly with stretch marks). I enjoy taking the pics becuz I can see the progress that is being made and u shud do the same too but keep it private until you're ready to share

March 16th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I am so excited!! Things are slowing down for me now. I am officially on spring break! I love my kiddos at school, but I love relaxing too.

Things are going great for me. Everything with the baby is going well. That's great that you don't have to see the high risk doc anymore. I was very thankful not see mine this time. The one I had for my last pregnancy was horrible. Good luck on the GD test. I will have mine the following Thursday. It is always so icky.

I am getting really excited for the baby to get here. I just ordered his crib. I am going to find his changing table and dresser later today. I keep flip-flopping on what I am going to do with his room. I think I have decided on sock monkeys. I am a little bummed. I want to go all out on the painting and stuff in his room, but we are getting ready to sell so it has to stay boring beige. What do you have planned for baby's room?

March 23rd, 2010, 01:12 PM
So glad you're relaxing on spring break! I wish I didn't have to work, I'd be going to school but life doesn't work out that way for me

Why was your high risk dr in your last pregnancy horrible? what happened that made him/her a horrible dr?

DH and I always knew what we wanted to do with the baby's room actually.. If DD was a boy - we would have done the room in the way we have done with our new baby's room. It's a UGA themed room - we're HUGE UGA fans as well as my family and his family I'm about to post pics of the room!

Have you had a baby shower yet?? Mine's set for April 10th, my sister and I both are pregnant so we're having our baby showers together, a once in a life time opportunity I think!

What does a sock monkey look like?? I'm clueless (so sorry!)

March 24th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Are you so relieved to have your nursery about done? I am getting anxious now. I am very excited. My parents just told us that they are going to buy my house and let my brother live in it. That way we can go ahead and find our new house and definitely be in by the time the baby gets here. We will be looking at houses this weekend, hopefully making an offer next week!!!

I hope I am doing this link right, but this is the sock monkey bedding I am going for. Thankfully my SIL's sister is a seamstress. I am going to order the fabric and for her gift to us, SIL is going to have her sister make the bedding. I want it exactly like in the pic.

Sock Monkey Crib Bedding Set | Sock Monkey Baby Bedding Collection

I am going to have three showers. So far I only know the date for one. My first will be April 25th. Sometime in May I will have a family shower. My cousin is pregnant and due six weeks after I am so we will have a double. I will also have one at work. I just looked at my registry. I only have like 40 items. I think I will have to go add more.

My high risk doc was just not very nice. I didn't really care for his bedside manner. I think everyone else I know that has seen him didn't care for him either. I am just so glad I am not high risk this time. At my last appointment I told DH that I thought it went great. He thought I was insane because we waited forever for nothing. And I thought, that's right, nothing. It was perfect. It is so much more fun when everything is good news.

April 14th, 2010, 04:26 PM
So sorry it took a while - things has been hectic lately - with my nephew's birthday, then easter, then finally my baby shower.

Yeah I'm relieved that the nursery is mostly done - I was working on the wall in Rylan's room until Dr ordered me on bedrest I just have to make a few corrections -- I probably will sneak in the room and finish it up so it can be completely done and I can relax about his room (I swear sometimes I think I have OCD )

Any luck with finding a house?? I hope you've had a successfrul hunt and is about moved into your new house! The sock monkey bedding set is CUTE! it's different and unique. I like things that are different and unique - I think the typical baby blue or baby pink room is becoming boring I'm glad we're living in a time where a baby's nursery can be pretty unique!

I pretty much have everything from when I had DD - so I only needed like neccessities (soap, shampoos, diapers, wipes and etc) and I got pretty good stuff from the baby shower.. there's still a few things I need to get but it'll be done eventually! I'm just glad that the baby shower is over with - had some drama that came with it which sucks big time.

I experienced some cramping and odd pressure on my cervix on Monday so my sister called the dr for me and they wanted to see me asap. So I came in and I was disappointed to find out that my cervix was shortening again and I'm now 70 percent effaced. I felt a mix of emotions - more of anger and disappointment that I could give birth prematurely once again which is a nightmare for me. So the dr ordered me on bedrest for one week and wants to see me back on Monday to reevaluate what's going on.. if it doesn't look good - I'll heading to the hospital to get steriod shots for Rylan's lungs to mature a bit quicker. Other than that Rylan's good, hb is in the 140s, and my belly is measuring 32 weeks when I'm only 30 weeks so I guess that's a good thing.

How is everything on your end?? Going well I hope??

April 14th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Things are great here! We close on our new house next week. We should start painting and moving stuff in then. I am ready. I have my next appt tomorrow. I hope all goes well. They haven't yelled yet, but I am waiting to get blasted for all of the wieght I am gaining. I don't know about you, but I love being pregnant this time. I am still really comfortable and really enjoying this. I think I might miss it when its over.

I saw that you are having issues. I hope everything works out easily for you and baby. Those steriod shots are a pia too. I don't think I have ever had anything that hurts too much. Do your docs know why any of this is happening?

Last edited by hannah79; April 14th, 2010 at 05:58 PM.
April 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Yay so glad to hear that you've closed on your house (since time has passed since I've responded ) How did your last appointment go? I'm definitely enjoying this pregnancy regardless of the bedrest BUT I'll have to admit that I'm slowly getting to the point where I'm so ready to have my body back - there's a lot I can't do with my body and I miss being able to do these things!

I haven't really gained much weight in this pregnancy - with DD I gained 36 pounds and didn't even lose ANYTHING when I had her and continued to gain with PPD. With this pregnancy - I can say that my eating habits has been under control, not overeating cuz I do get really sick if I do that, I lost 7 lbs in the 1st half of my pregnancy - then gained 14 lbs only to slowly lose some of it again in the past couple of weeks. So in all I've only gained 5 lbs from the beginning of my pregnancy. I do have about 6 - 7 more weeks to go before I am 40 weeks (that is if I stay pregnant), to gain some more weight

Yeah, Issues are happening with this pregnancy - they've determined that I have incomptent cervix, which was undiagnosed with DD (which was the reason I gave birth to her early at 32w5d). I mainly believe it was from a biopsy (had an abnormal pap) that I had when I was 21 years old, done by a dr who was horrible. So, every time I get pregnant - this is what will happen which I'm extremely disappointed about. I do blame myself for this situation.

DH and I talked about not having anymore children due to the issues I have when I am pregnant, and I've been looking into different birth control methods. I've decided I don't want anything hormonal and the dr recommended Paragard to me, after doing research on it - I told DH that I didn't want it at all. So I guess we'll be using condoms from here on out to prevent pregnancy. I told DH if we do get pregnant once again - it's becuz it was meant to be, that God had a plan for us.

Hope all is well with you and the baby! Hope you've moved into your house and settled in (for the most part)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search