Angiekate941 & LG1385

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: (First name) Angie
User Name: Angiekate941
Due Date: June 20
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Boy (Pretty Sure)
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 1st
How many children do you have? Just pets until this summer

Name: Lisa
User Name: LG1385
Due Date: June 21
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 3
How many children do you have? 0
January 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
angiekate941's Avatar Veteran
Hey Lisa,
How are things going for you?
Angie
Expecting #1 after a loss.

February 4th, 2010, 09:39 AM
LG1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry! I totally forgot about this board, lol. Darn pregnancy brain.

As far as I know everything is okay but I have been freaking myself out thinking something could go wrong. Have you felt your baby move yet? I know there's still time but I can't help but worry.

How are things going for you?

February 5th, 2010, 06:46 AM
OMG you have the cutest baby bump!! I'm sorry you're worrying, but I do the same thing. I have been feeling the baby for a couple of weeks now. He's a little jumping bean. We decided on the name Finn Thomas. Do you know what you're having? Besides worrying, how are you feeling?

February 5th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks! We aren't finding out the sex til birth; I finally relented and let my husband have his way on that. I hope it's a boy, but I have a feeling it's a girl.

We have names, though: Brooke Kristin (Kristin for my deceased cousin) for a girl, and Chase Morran (my maiden name) for a boy. I like Finn! My husband didn't, though. We had a heck of a time agreeing on boys names. Are you naming your baby after anyone, or did you just like the names?

I actually feel kind of crappy today. I woke up at 4 last night, no idea why, and didn't fall asleep again until 5:30, and had to get up before 7. So I feel a little woozy and have a slight headache, and on top of that a sore throat! I am a mess today, haha! TGIF!

On the brighter side, though, I'm not worrying quite as much today, and am enjoying being pregnant. My SIL has a doppler that she is going to drop by today so I can find baby's HB and I'm excited for that!

What did your baby's movements first feel like? How often did you notice them at first? There were a couple of times in the last week that I thought "Maybe..." but I am not quite sure...

February 5th, 2010, 05:26 PM
I like both of those names, especially Chase. You guys have some awesome will power to wait to find out. It'll be so cool though when they tell you in the delivery room. We both always knew we'd used Finn for a boy's name, but the middle name, Thomas, is my step father's middle name. He's been really awesome for both me and my husband, so that's why we picked it.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. I've found that I get headaches when I don't drink enough water, which isn't always easy to do when I feel yucky. I was trying to clean up our bedroom this afternoon. I was bending over and standing up again and again, and I got sick to my stomach. Ugh. I'm better now, but it's weird to start feeling bad from doing something so normal. I guess I don't always remember I'm pregnant.

I bought a doppler a while back, and it really gave me piece of mind. I think you'll enjoy having one. When I started feeling movement, it was like little thumps now and then. It's constant now. In the beginning I had those moments of "maybe", but now I know for sure. You will too. I had a friend who said she didn't feel anything until 22 weeks, so don't worry it'll come.

Are you getting a nursery ready? What are you going to do? We are doing this polka dot bedding and rug. Right now we are in the process of painting and replacing the flooring in the nursery and our guest room. My husband will not let me near the rooms because of the paint fumes. He's so neurotic, but oh well, I guess I'll just hang out and watch TV.
Angie

February 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM
It was a GREAT relief to hear the heartbeat last night. I feel SO much better!

Back in the fall we painted the nursery a light green. So far we have the crib set up with the bedding. I want to get the spare bed out of there this weekend and into the basement. I have a glider/ottoman as well but have it in the living room for now. My husbands dad is going to get us the dresser/change table combo that we want, that matches the crib. I also have this phrase decal that I hope to get up on the wall this weekend.

How many kids are you planning on having? I want four but my husband only wants two, so we shall see!

February 8th, 2010, 07:03 AM
4?? Wow, I'm just going to see if I can get through one! Actually, since I'm already 32, I'm not sure what we'll do. Because I'm getting on up there, if we do have more it would only be one. I got the most amazing deal on a 4 in 1 convertible crib and changing table/dresser this weekend! I wasn't planning on buying anything yet, but I couldn't pass this up. We made some nursery progress this weekend with the painting. Steven just has to finish touching up and doing the trim. He and a friend will be putting the floor down next weekend. I'm so excited to be getting this out of the way.

How old are you? Just curious since you want to have 4 Hey you could end up with multiples next time, and then you'd get to have more than 2! I definitely do not feel like being at work any more. Physically I'm fine, but mentally, I just can't concentrate. I just think about baby stuff more and more! Hope you're having a good start to the week. Let me know when you feel some movement!

February 8th, 2010, 08:27 AM
That's exciting! I was hoping to get a 4 in 1, but the crib we liked the most just turns into a double. I finally got Joe to move the spare bed out of the nursery so now it's just the crib. It looks really empty in there, lol.

I'll be 25 in March. I've wanted twins since I was a little kid! Just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me - not in the family or anything. Have you ever tried that old string test? Where you put your ring(s) on a string, and hold it over your palm to see if it circles or swings back and forth? (Silly old wives tale, I know) but it told me I was having 3 (girl, boy, girl) haha. Seems unlikely since I don't want an uneven number of kids (I am the middle of 3).

I completely understand the work thing. I think I've spent more time on here than doing any actual work (to be fair, there isn't a lot going on in the office right now as we are between client jobs). Do you work Monday to Friday? I am really glad I have an 8-5 desk job being pregnant! I also cannot think of anything besides the baby lately.

Oh! And I felt some movement this weekend! Just a few little twitches, but I am positive that's what it was, because it was in the same spot 4 times in 15 minutes.

February 11th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Yay! I'm so glad you felt something. Dh actually felt the baby from the outside Tuesday night. He was so excited. He talks to my belly all the time. It's sweet. He almost has the nursery and guest room painted. We'll (he and a friend actually) will be putting down the floors on Sunday! I can't believe it's all coming together.

I do work Monday-Friday. I do instructional technology support for two schools, so my days vary. I can either be sitting a lot or moving around. I kind of make my on schedule, which is nice. I used to teach 7th grade Language Arts. I can't tell you how glad I am not to be doing that while I'm pregnant. Being able to run to the restroom whenever I want is nice. When I was in the classroom, I couldn't do that.

I bought a prenatal workout dvd and finally did it this week. My arms and legs are so sore, which is good, but man I'm out of shape! I'm also doing prenatal pilates. I really like it. I had lost 43 lbs before i got pg, so I'm trying to not have to start all the way over after Finn comes. I've already gained more weight than I wanted to, but hey, I got it off once, I can do it again. I hope your week is going well. I'm so glad it's almost over!
angie

February 11th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Aww! I try to get Joe to talk to my belly but he says he'll feel silly. Hmph! lol I felt two kicks from the outside last night (among a lot of other softer kicks!) Joe had his hand on my belly for about 10 minutes and baby kicked at him a couple of times but he couldn't feel it. I'm hoping that once he does it will start to seem more real to him.

It will be really nice to get all that work finished. I don't have a lot of patience with that kind of stuff and would want it done NOW. Especially getting all the nursery stuff set up - so exciting! I hope my FIL hurries up and gets the change table/dresser to us, I want to set it up and put things in it!

Way to go on the exercising! I've hardly done anything - I feel guilty but I'm too lazy/tired! I tried prenatal yoga off of YouTube once, that was kind of neat and I intended to do some more but never got around to it. We also went for a walk once, but it's been so darn cold out I can't bring myself to go outside. I read that at this stage one should have gained between 10-15 lbs. I've gained 16 - more than I was aiming for but I've been eating like crazy (unfortunately). I also lost a bunch of weight before and am worried I'll have a hard time losing it again. I just hope that breastfeeding helps like I hear it does!

This week has been long, well, every week is I guess, haha. I have a prenatal appointment this afternoon so I get to leave work early which I love! And then yay for Friday!

February 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Well, school was canceled Friday because we got a couple of inches of snow. I know you're laughing, but this is Georgia. People here go crazy about snow. I was just happy for the day off. I actually saw my stomach move today with a kick. It was so weird.

I haven't been feeling great the past couple of days. I've been sick to my stomach. UGh. I am babysitting my friend's 4 yo tonight, and he is playing the Wii. He's better at it than I am We are getting the floors done tomorrow, and I can't wait. Hope you're having a good weekend!

February 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Haha that is funny. When I was going to school it was NEVER canceled, no matter what the weather (and it got pretty bad)! We had Monday off for a new holiday "Family Day." I don't know why they started it but I'm not going to complain!

That is so cool! My baby's kicks are still very soft.

Morning sickness??

I don't really have anything exciting/new going on, except that Joe fell asleep with his hand on my belly last night, which, if you knew him, would be BIG! lol. He occasionally puts his hand on my belly for max. 5 minutes and then rolls over and goes to sleep, *sigh*

Hope you're feeling better!

February 20th, 2010, 06:39 AM
My space bar is messed up on my laptop, and it's so annoying!! The rooms are painted and the floors are down! Steven and my brother are going to pick up the nursery furniture today! I'm excited, if you can't tell. This kid is moving all the time now. It's crazy.

I went for a walk yesterday because the temps actually got into the 60s. I was so exhausted! Geez, I used to easily fun 3 miles, not walking a mile and a half is tiring. OH well, I plan to walk again today and go to pilates.

That's about all that's going on around here. Hope is well with you.

February 22nd, 2010, 08:22 AM
Do you have the nursery all set up now??

I tried a prenatal yoga dvd my SIL gave me; it was all right. Joe and I went for a longer walk on Thursday, it was nice out, but we also didn't have any power in the house (or over half the city!) It was eerie.

Last week was such a bad week. I ended up having a breakdown on Friday and crying almost all day. I went home sick from work for the afternoon and around supper time Joe finally realized something was wrong and all it took was a big hug, and a few nice words, and I felt so much better! You'd think he would know by now that's all I need to keep me happy. But he gets even more introverted when he's got work problems or something and tends to neglect me more than usual (I've always been kind of needy, lol).

Anyway, hoping for a better week this week! Baby is 23 weeks today (my ticker is off a day again). I always get excited when I scratch another week off! Still lots of movements but not very strong yet. I think if Joe knew what he was supposed to feel and if he were paying 100% attention he may be able to feel it. I have felt little movements from the outside but they were very faint.

Have a great day!

March 1st, 2010, 06:35 AM
Sorry I haven't written back in a while. It's been crazy at our house. We've got the guest room and nursery looking pretty good. This weekend I went a bought a king size bed, while Steven stayed home and pulled up the carpet in our bedroom. Before we bought the house, the garage was made into the master bedroom, so our room is huge. The carpet in there was almost as thick and long as shag. Needless to say, it was so GROSS! We're putting down the laminate that looks like hardwood. Steven has to have it painted and the floor put down by the 10th because that's when they're delivering the bed. I cannot wait!

I made it to 24 weeks on Sunday. That's a milestone because at 24 weeks the baby is considered viable outside the womb. Not that I want him to come out yet, but I'm so happy to have made it this far. I had the craziest dream I had him this weekend, but I kept losing him. Ugh.

I posted on the main board about how I rejoined weight watchers today. It's not to lose weight, but I want to be more careful about what I'm eating. I was using it before I got pg, and had lost 40 lbs. My doc is cool with it, so I'm going to use it to track what I eat and my weight for the rest of the pregnancy. We're going to the beach in Florida for a week in April, and I want to feel healthier for that. I'm also going to start doing my pregnancy workout DVD 3 times a week. I know I'll feel better, if I do.

How is everything going with you?

March 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM
I can imagine! That must be pretty exciting to get all that stuff done.

Congrats on 24 weeks! I am 24 weeks today. It's definitely a relief to know that baby's chances of survival will now be going up quickly each week. I can't believe there are 16 weeks left. It will go by really fast!

Weight Watchers sounds like a good idea actually. I should do something to track what I'm eating. I feel absolutely awful about my eating this last weekend; I've had no self-control (not that I was much better before either, but this weekend was just a junk-fest!) I'm hoping that the nice weather we are having continues so we can go for more walks. We went on Saturday, but it was a little chilly with the wind, and I was actually in a little pain afterward. I think maybe we pushed too far too early considering I've been hibernating all winter.

My FIL finally ordered the change table/dresser combo that we want, and it should be in on Saturday. I am so excited to get it in the nursery and put things away in it! Not that I have a lot to put in it but it's still exciting!

I have an excel sheet of all the things I have, and all the things I need to get. It feels a little overwhelming because the list of things I need to get seems so big! I think my next purchase will be a breast pump. And probably some more cloth diapers. I am waiting for my credit card statement to see where it's at. I have a $500 limit card (usually for emergency use only) that I am using for all the baby purchases, to make sure that I don't go overboard all at once and am able to spread it out over time. As it gets paid off, then I will fill it up again, haha!

How are you on baby supplies? I see a lot of women in the forum have TONS of clothes and stuff, so I feel pretty far behind in comparison! Although I have most of the large purchases already.

March 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Girl!
Sorry I've been MIA recently. We've had so much going on with the house and with my job. First the house, we started redoing our bedroom and found old termite damage that was there from the previous owner. We had to fix all that before we could continue. It was a pain, but at least we didn't actually have termites. Everything is back on track and my king size bed is coming on Saturday! I can't wait.

Now my job, they are letting people go left and right. My boss won't be coming back next year, and they are eliminating 3 of the 8 positions in my department. We don't know who it will be, so we're all on pins and needles. In the meantime, I've applied and interviewed for a job where I can work for home. Cross you fingers and toes that I get it! :0)

I had my first baby shower this past Saturday, and it was great. I got the pack n play, a swing, a diaper genie, some of my bedding, and a bunch of outfits and supplies. I even got a little bathing suit for him. It's so cute! I know this sounds gift grabby, but I have 3 more showers to go! Completely not my idea, but between both sides of the family, my friends, and work it just worked out that way.

Whew! So that catches you up on me. How is everything with you? Have you bought anything else? Don't feel behind. In my opinion, the biggest purchases are the most important ones.
Angie

Last edited by angiekate941; March 16th, 2010 at 12:01 PM.
March 17th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Working from home would be great! I would love that. Even better would be to not have to work at all but that's not going to happen.

Four baby showers - sheesh! I don't even think I'll get one. It's just my husbands family around here and I didn't get a bridal shower so I'm not holding up much hope. My family is far away, I don't have too many friends nearby, and there are mostly guys at my office, lol.

I do feel like I'm pretty well set on supplies now, though. The change table/dresser is all set up and I have the clothes/diapers in it (still pretty empty, lol). I did get the Summer Sleep Positioner thing I wanted for the baby to sleep on in the crib, and a 24 piece kit with nail clippers, etc. so that made me feel better! I was going over my list and realized a lot of items aren't necessarily things I NEED before baby gets here and can wait a bit.

Joe has brought the spare mattress back up from the basement and has been sleeping in the nursery. He says my snoring "vibrates his pillow"! I really hope that I stop snoring after the baby is born! I wasn't very happy with him not being in our bed but I'm actually liking the extra space now (I haven't told him that, lol).

Nothing else going on in the pregnancy, which I guess is better than having issues. I can't believe how fast it is going, but it's exciting!

March 20th, 2010, 01:57 PM
This is a short one, but I wanted you to see how our bedroom is coming along. I'm loving it!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search