Mum2Gab&Bean & cherry08

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Oh don't worry - I freak out easily, especially when Em is having a quiet day in there! I usually find if I have a really active day, the next couple of days she's not so active.. and it scares me - I have to constantly remind myself it's normal & to be expected.... With Gaby, I had an anterior placenta, so didn't feel a lot of movement, but this time my placenta is posterior, so I am noticing more movement than I did with G....

Have you guys decided on a name for your little girl??

LOL my m/w appt got cancelled AGAIN! Went from 9am to 11.30am Tuesday, then to 11.30am Wednesday - and now it's 9.30am Thursday! I figure one of these days I'll get in to see her She had another birth this morning, so I don't really mind!

February 12th, 2010, 02:16 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you have had your appt by now I have been MIA alot this week - tons going on until next week and then I should be able to get on a bit more

DH gets to name her as I named DS but as far as I know it will be Anastasia (pronounced Ana - sta - sia) or Sophia as DH is Greek and one is his mom's name and the other is the female version of his dad's name.

February 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM
I hope all the Baptism plans are going well!

LOL I had my appt & it went well, nothing to report, which is always good to.. well, report My belly has exploded this week, it's crazy - Emmy has definately had a big growth spurt.

I love the name Anastasia - and Sophia! and I think both names go really well with Aiden.. guess it depends if you want to start an 'A' theme, or not Are you guys planning on having more kids??

February 16th, 2010, 02:28 PM
So glad to hear your appt went well! Sorry I haven't been around much but I posted in the main forum that I will probably be largely MIA for another week or two as I am totally swamped with work for my friend's company and the baptism stuff and we have to buy a new computer and make the switch so will be computerless for a few days at least probably but I will try and get on as often as I can, even if just to check in here

A growth spurt - makes it seem so real doesn't it - so exciting!!!!!

DH's name is Angelo (well Evangelos in Greek) and my name is Sherri so it would be funny if we went with Sophia as then it's Ang and Sherri, Aiden and Sophia - LOL. It probably will be Sophia as I like it a little better but again. up to DH! I don't think we will be having any more as far as I know (I am already 35) but never say never I guess!

February 16th, 2010, 02:44 PM
You're 35?! You don't look it in your photos!!!!!! hehe

I love Greek names... I would love to go to Greece.. anything Greek is amazing to me - even greek people lol. Did your DH grow up in America?

How long now until the Baptism? I hope all the planning is going.. well, to plan!

Things are pretty good here a little bit of back & hip pain, due to my newly acquired posture, but all part & parcel I guess! Last night Emmy was kicking me & headbutting me, was rather funny.. felt a movement in my lower left side & then immediately after, in my upper right side, so she must have been on a diagonal angle.

Only two more weeks until we're 24w!!!! It's so exciting - seems like such a huge milestone, and I guess in reality it is

February 26th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Hey there! So sorry I haven't been on but I put a post on the main board as well that you probably saw so I have been computerless for a few days until now basically and am trying to sort out stuff to try and recover my data. I am really really hoping something can be done - am so upset.

How have you been feeling? I hope you and Gaby and little Emersyn have been doing well. I cannot believe it is less then a week until we are 24 weeks! Woo Hoo - at least that is something to look forward to. I am doing ok baby wise - just super tired as always

February 27th, 2010, 02:23 PM
it's crazy that we're almost 24 weeks, but also really exciting!!! I was just thinking this morning that it's only a little over 3 weeks now, until the 3rd trimester!!!!!! WOW!

I'm doing okay pregnancy-wise.. had an u/s on Friday & everything is looking good, I'm starting to feel kicks waayyyyyyy up high now, and am noticing if I'm sitting at the computer for a long amount of time, I get that uncomfortable feeling from the uterus & everythign being up higher.... Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to know that everything is growing

March 3rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum2Gaby&Emersyn View Post
it's crazy that we're almost 24 weeks, but also really exciting!!! I was just thinking this morning that it's only a little over 3 weeks now, until the 3rd trimester!!!!!! WOW!

I'm doing okay pregnancy-wise.. had an u/s on Friday & everything is looking good, I'm starting to feel kicks waayyyyyyy up high now, and am noticing if I'm sitting at the computer for a long amount of time, I get that uncomfortable feeling from the uterus & everythign being up higher.... Not that I'm complaining, it's nice to know that everything is growing
It is crazy to think how close the third trimester is isn't it?! I have already started waking up in the middle of the night to pee (not every night but at least a few a week) so I am thinking, here we go!!! That is one thing I didn't like about being pregnant - practically living in the bathroom. Also, sleeping starts to get more and more difficult for me from here on out so the more tired I will be I guess. The little one moves around like crazy though! My OB said that her second was much more active then her first as well - maybe it's a second thing? How does it compare to when you were pregnant with Gaby?

March 3rd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Emersyn is a lot more active than Gaby, but then I had an anterior placenta with Gaby, so that probably muffled some of her movements etc? Emersyn is really active, it's great!!! I lay down to have a nap y/day & she was kicking like crazy...

I woke up last night & had to pee really bad - and it was only 12.30. I'd been asleep for maybe an hour lol. I really do hate the toilet aspect of pregnancy - it seems i'm going every 10 seconds!!!!!! and only being 24 weeks, I know it's only gonna get worse!!!!!!!!! Sleep is still okay for me, but I am sure the discomfort will come. So far I've not had any calf cramps in my sleep, and i hope i don't get any.. they're awful!

I have an ob appt today - it's a follow up to the bleeding I had a month ago - I have a feeling it'll be a waste of time, & the ob will probably say "why did you even have to come back???"... grr. They better get me in quick, because I refuse to pay $15.00 for parking, like I had to last time!

Haha yea, grumpy prego woman!

March 8th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I hope your appt went ok - I would hate to pay that for parking! I usually take the bus or walk to my OB's office so it isn't too bad :0

It is so reassuring when they kick alot and are really active but wow, I can't believe how much more active this baby is compared to DS!!!! WOW!

The guy who is going to try and recover my data on my computer is coming at the end of the week so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!! How was your weekend?

March 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I don't know how I missed your last reply! oops!

How are you??? You must be gearing up for all your celebrations now? I can't believe we're 3rd trimester next week - it's going so fast I'm finding my ribs are starting to get sore now.. oh the joys I just got an appt today for my first growth scan, which is 29 March, and I can't wait it seems like forever since i have seen Emersyn, LOL.

Hope you've had a great weekend.. we went to stay at a cute little bay, with some of mum's family - was really secluded & relaxing, and the scenery was to die for!!!!!! Gaby had a blast & so did I

Shall let you go (really, I have to go wake Gaby up! She fell asleep watching Dora & it's now 5pm.. oops)

March 25th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Emma!!! Soooooo sorry it has been so long since I have managed to get on JM The baptism was a few days ago and I swear I am still recovering - no pics from my SIL's yet but will post as soon as I have some for sure. Today is DH's bday and we had people over yesterday and today for it so I am entertained out! LOL Looking forward to hopefully getting a little down time. I still have to work and stuff so I know I wont have much but even a little is better then the insanity of the last month. I officially count myself in 3rd trimester at 28 weeks so am waiting until next week - I never know what is exactly right so I tend to wait the longest so at least then I can't be wrong - LOL! I am going for a 3D ultrasound on March 31st so am really excited for that! How is little Emersyn and Gaby?

March 29th, 2010, 06:44 PM
How lucky - going for a 3D u/s!!! I haven't had a proper 3D u/s - they just switched to 3D view for about 20 seconds in my last u/s I had.. still very cool to see Emersyn a little better than you can in the 2D!

Gaby is doing well, she's such a little firecracker, I'm finding it hard to keep up with her lol, she's being really funny at the moment, and I really need the light relief, but she's also getting a little atittude, and sometimes the tone of her voice, it makes me think of a teenager. Scary. Last week she wrote her name for the first time, so I am so proud of her - she's also been waking up dry in the mornings, which is fab! She's going through a lot of developmental milestones this past couple of weeks!

Emersyn is goooooood I had a growth u/s y/day and she is now measuring approx 3lb1oz - which is amazing, she was 1lb7oz, 4 weeks ago! I'm hoping she's not TOO big, I had my GTT y/day and now because of her size, am paranoid the GTT is going to come back positive. I have my high risk ob on Thursday, so should get some answers then.. I also have my m/w earlier in the day, so lol it's going to be a busy day!!!!

28w tomorrow, I cant' believe it - Thursday @ my ob appt I will also get my cesarean date, so that is going to make the whole thing a lot more real!!!!

Hope life has settled down somewhat for you! You've been a busy wee beaver lately! lol

How is Aiden????

March 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hey Emma!

You sure do have a busy week ahead - can't wait to hear when your c-section date is!!!!!! Aggggghhhhh - so exciting!!!! It is so cool to watch them go through all of the developmental milestones but I think I know what you mean when you say it's scary that she can sound like a teenager already - I find myself imagining that already and am already scared!!!! LOL. Congrats to Gaby on writing her name - that is huge Sounds like Emersyn is doing some fantastic growing!!!!!!! I am hoping when I have my #d they can give me some idea of how big this one is since i have no idea at all. I have my regular OB appt tomm morning but she only tells me what my stomach is measuring so not quite the same thing. Aiden is doing good - still not waling - I think it will be a while but I now notice him letting go of stuff when he is standing alot and trying to balance without holding onto anything which is great. I have to start shopping for his bday - can't believe he is going to be 1 next week - so sad how fast they grow!!!!

March 30th, 2010, 04:31 PM
they do grow so fast.. i've found that each year goes faster than the one beforehand! What are you planning on getting him???? It is cool to hear a weight estimate for your baby - a little different than just hearing "oh yea, you're measuring to dates", from the ob/mw.. I would ask them before they start, just ask if possible if they can do a weight estimate for you - even lie & say your ob suggested you ask

all my appts are tomorrow & I'm exhausted just thinkign about them but lol at least I get to hear the h/b twice! need to find some time in between to get groceries done & go out for lunch.. thursday is our 'treat' day

April 7th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Well I was 28w on the day of the 3D and the tech said about 3 lbs which is good I think. I got the stomach flu this past Friday so was in bed for 2 days basically which sucked Thank god it is gone now- felt AWFUL. Nothing worse then being sick and pregnant! How did your appts go? I actually had a growth ultrasound 2 days ago that my OB sent me for just to be sure everything is on track since I had High BP with Aiden so they are monitoring me closely to see if it comes back this pregnancy although I have been good so far. I have to go and do the diabetes test this week - maybe Fri morning I will go. It is raining cats and dogs here right now which sucks as I have to take Aiden to Musical Munchkins class this afternoon. Hopefully it lets up!

April 12th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Emersyn was 3lb1oz @ 27w5d, so pretty similar!

It's Autumn here now & the weather is a lot cooler, it's kind of nice though, because the heat was starting to get to me. LOL I definately chose the right month to get pregnant in! How is life with a 1 year old? Gaby is 3 1/2 on the 26th, and it's so scary.. almost time to start thinking about birthday presents & the like. I hope your life has settled down a bit, with the b/day & baptism over with, bet you're glad they didn't happen closer to your EDD! lol

April 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I still feel so tired all the time but to be expected I guess since I am basically working full time hours at home and taking care of Aiden - hopefully my little lady will be a quiet one! I saw on FB that you aren't feeling that well - I hope you feel better soon. I had the stomach flu over Easter and wanted to die!!! Nothing worse then pregnant and sick

April 19th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I don't know how you do it - working & looking after a little one.. I'm a zombie just looking after Gab. Not feeling too hot right now, got a lot of pressure in my head & my nose is starting to get runny, so am presuming I'm in for my regular winter cold. I had a low grade fever, but took some meds & it's back down to normal. Hopefully it won't get too bad!

May 11th, 2010, 05:45 PM
I hope you're doing well!!!! 6 weeks to go!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search