Mum2Gab&Bean & cherry08

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: Emma
User Name: Mum2Gab&Bean
Due Date: June 23
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown
Marital Status: Single
What # Pregnancy is this for you? Pregnancy #6 (child #2)
How many children do you have? 1 - 3yo DD

Name: Sherri
User Name: cherry08
Due Date: June 23rd
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Don't know yet
Marital Status: Common Law so married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 3
How many children do you have? 1

January 27th, 2010, 04:32 PM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Emma!!!! Really happy to be DDB with you and looking forward to getting to know you better I see that your big ultrasound is tomm morning - is it morning there yet? I gotta figure out this time thing - LOL. It is 6:30pm EST time on Wednesday here right now so I think it is sometime Thursday there by now, am I right? Perhaps you have already had your ultrasound but anyways, cannot wait to hear the news!!!!!!

January 27th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Sherri! Yay it's lovely to have a DDB now!! We didn't have them in my last DDC, so this is cool My u/s is in about 17 hours - I'm sooooooooooo nervous, and soooooooooo excited.. but mostly excited I think I have got to the point that I would be more excited if it was a boy! just because it's not what I"m expecting - lol... if it's a girl I'll be like "aw awesome - I was right", but if it's a boy I'll be like "OMG WHATTTTTTTT? THAT'S SO COOL!"... yea, if I was saying all this to you right now, I'd be talking a mile a minute... i'm a tad excited lol.

And you - you're having a girl you must be so excited!!! One of each would be pretty cool - perhaps we'll be in the same boat - I'll have a boy & you'll have a girl, and then we'll both have one of each!!

It's going to be nice to get to know you better!

Oh - you are 6 hours ahead of me - BUT you're a day behind, if that makes sense. When you said it was 6.30pm Wed for you, it was 12.30 (midday) Thursday for me.

January 27th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum2Gab&Bean View Post
Sherri! Yay it's lovely to have a DDB now!! We didn't have them in my last DDC, so this is cool My u/s is in about 17 hours - I'm sooooooooooo nervous, and soooooooooo excited.. but mostly excited I think I have got to the point that I would be more excited if it was a boy! just because it's not what I"m expecting - lol... if it's a girl I'll be like "aw awesome - I was right", but if it's a boy I'll be like "OMG WHATTTTTTTT? THAT'S SO COOL!"... yea, if I was saying all this to you right now, I'd be talking a mile a minute... i'm a tad excited lol.

And you - you're having a girl you must be so excited!!! One of each would be pretty cool - perhaps we'll be in the same boat - I'll have a boy & you'll have a girl, and then we'll both have one of each!!

It's going to be nice to get to know you better!

Oh - you are 6 hours ahead of me - BUT you're a day behind, if that makes sense. When you said it was 6.30pm Wed for you, it was 12.30 (midday) Thursday for me.

I barely slept last night at all so I know what you mean by excited!!! I had really started to convince myself that it was a boy because I thought there is no way there could be this many girls in one DDC but then I thought ok, do I have the same feeling I had with Aiden? ( With Aiden we thought we wanted a girl first until we had him of course but I still somehow KNEW it was a boy) but I didn't have that certainty this time but I didn't want to allow myself to be convinced by others either. Now who is talking a mile a minute!!!! Seriously, I will send some blue dust your way but most all all just healthy baby dust.

I think I get the time difference now - it' s basically like saying I am 18 hours behind you right or is pregnancy brain making me dumb right now?! It is 11:45pm, still Wed here so for you it should be 5:45pm Thurs right?

January 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Yeap - was 5.45pm when you posted that post... LOL 6 hours ahead but a day behind, is easier for my mathematically challenged brain to remember, lmbo. Turns out my BFF is coming up to stay with me, so she'll be at the u/s with me tomorrow as well - which is pretty cool.. i was looking forward to it just being something for me, Mum & Gaby - but i'm sure my BFF will love it - and it'll be something special to share with Ali (BFF)

What sorta symptoms are you having at the moment? I think my m/s is finally gone.. yay.. My boobs are still pretty sore, and I'm getting a lot of round ligament pain, and my heartburn has started getting worse... it's kind of nice to not have all the discomforts of the first trimester, and not yet having all the discomforts of the 3rd trimester!

Last edited by Gaby&Emmy'sMama; January 27th, 2010 at 11:10 PM.
January 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Awww that's so awesome that your BFF will be there too - so much fun! I still have nausea and am still taking Diclectin. I tried to reduce the dosage I am taking a few times but no can do apparently since I felt awful so I am leaving it for now. I did end up taking it all the way through my pregnancy with DS too and the nausea has been worse with this pregnancy so I am sure the same will end up happening. My boobs are sore but I am also still BF DS so I expected that and I am Super Tired!!!!

January 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
haha of course seeing as I said my m/s was over, I puked once last night, and then again this morning when I got up! Typical huh!!!!!!! OMG I didn't realise your son was so young - he looks a lot older in the pic in your siggy - that is so weird! He looked about 18 months old in the siggy! My Gay-dar doesn't work, and apparently neither does my baby-age-dar! lol

January 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
LOL he has tons of hair and sometimes I look at him and think he looks more like a little man then a baby so I don't blame you one bit! He will be 1 year old on April 8th. Yes, I am MORE then a little scared about having 2 so close together Gaby must be so thrilled about her baby sister!!!!

January 28th, 2010, 11:47 PM
It must be weird having two so close together! but it'd be cool to have kids close in age, because of the bond they'd have etc...

Gaby is super excited about her little sis! Tells everyone who'll listen to her, that she's getting a baby sister. I let her ring my sister & my Dad to tell them, rather than texting them like I did everyone else. She sounded so proud!!!!

January 29th, 2010, 01:37 PM
That is so sweet!!!! I wish Aiden was a little older and understood. Right now we point to my tummy and say baby sister and he laughs and picks up a toy It will be nice for them to be close but I am definitely wondering how I am going to do it all.

January 30th, 2010, 01:48 PM
I figure at least you'll get it all out of the way at once, if that makes sense? You can go through the baby/toddler milestones etc in a relatively small amount of time - not with 4 years between, like me! hehe... that said, it'll be awesome with Gaby being able to help out a bit, and having her actually understand what's going on, and that there is a new baby coming...

January 30th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I am glad that I won't be out of diapers with one and starting again and done BF and starting again and that sort of thing but I am most afraid of what to do on the "bad" days. Today for instance, Aiden is the most miserable I think I have ever seen him. I thought yesterday he was getting a cold - runny nose, slight fever etc. Today he woke up the same but happy and I went to get my hair done and when I came back his Dad said he was fine with him but for the last 3 hours he has screamed non stop. His nose is running like a faucet, he feels warm but doesn't have too much of a fever and is drooling like crazy and I see 2 teeth coming in so that must be it but he is SO upset it is almost concerning me. I gave him Tylenol, Gripe Water you name it and nothing seems to be working. He just fell asleep about 5 min ago but I am so upset that he is so miserable! Soooooo it is days like this that make me think what if they are both like that at once?!

January 31st, 2010, 06:39 PM
aw babe I hate the days like that - where nothing you do makes them better... it sucks!!!! Teething can be so nasty for them - especially because there isn't a lot you can do to ease the pain. It's way worse when they are babies & miserable - at least at Gaby's age she can tell me what is wrong.. (and oh trust me, she does! lol)...

I hope the poor little guy is feeling better soon - because I know how horrible it makes you feel, as a parent!!!

February 2nd, 2010, 08:19 AM
Sorry I haven't really had a chance to be on here but I took Aiden to the hospital on Saturday night because his fever was 104 when I left home and was 104.8 when I got to the hospital They ended up doing blood tests and putting a catheter in to try and get a urine sample which they couldn't get because I couldn't get him to eat really and in the end they gave him antibiotics because they said he has a double ear infection. I am taking him back to our regular doctor today to see how he is doing. Was bawling my eyes out in the hospital - so hormonal!!! I hope your weekend was ok!

February 3rd, 2010, 05:08 PM
Oh gosh your poor little man I had to take Gab to the hospital for the same reason when she was....... JUST 1 (maybe 1 year & 1 week old), and it was so upsetting. Seems we've both had our time in the hospital this week - here's hoping there are no more hospital visits for us, until sometime in June!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just headed for my high risk ob appointment, to talk about my epilepsy & medications - and about all the crap from the past couple of days. Will be good to talk to an actual obstetrician about it, to get more reassurance that everything IS okay.. I'm hoping I might get to take a quick peak at baby, but i'm not sure if he'll have an u/s machine in his room or not..........

I hope Aiden is doing much better now... those cute little kids have the capacity to terrify us, don't they!

February 3rd, 2010, 07:40 PM
Totally!!! Hopefully neither of us need to be visiting a hospital until June and then not again for a long long time!!!!!! I hope everything went well today at your high risk appt and the OB can give you some answers and reassurance. Keep me posted and I hope the UTI clears up really quickly.

February 6th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I have a m/w appt on Tuesday - can't wait, my m/w is the only medical person I've spoken to over the past week who has made any sense!!! I now supposedly don't have a uti, and the test that the doctor put through on thursday - to recheck for a uti? it wasn't done!!! then one doctor said I do have BV, and another said I don't have BV! I'm confused & my m/w is confused... oh well!

Are you planning a b/day party for Aiden? Bet you can't believe he's almost one, huh!!! I remember when the thought of Gaby being 1 was soooo far off, and seemed like such a huge thing, and lol - now I'm thinking about her turning 4! eeek, that is really scary...

When's your next appt etc?

February 8th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I would be so mad at all the back and forth you have been going through! Hopefully your mw can get you some real answers soon!!!! I really feel for you but as long as Emersyn is kicking away then that is a great sign (I saw your post that she had given you a few really good kicks )

It makes me want to cry that he is going to turn 1!!!! Where does the time go?

We are baptizing him about 2 1/2 weeks before his bday so am caught up with stuff for that at the moment. I don't think we are doing anything really big for his bday. Probably just our immediate family and his cousins over for pizza and cake kind of thing Since DH is Greek and Orthodox the baptism is a big deal and his name day happens to fall on Easter which is 4 days before his bday this year as orthodox easter is the same this year so he gets a cake on that day too. More cake for me.......... did I say that?!!!

February 8th, 2010, 03:10 PM
who can say no to cake

I guess if the baptism is going to be a big affair, then that would really be just as special as having an actual 1st b/day party - esp since they fall so close together!

Gaby's 1st b/day I just had family over... and we had cake & nibbles - I think the adults had more fun than the kids though Gaby had her one buddy over - Josh, I met his Mum when Gab was 4mo & Josh was 7mo, so they've kind of grown up together. It's really scary looking back at photos of them now, from when they were babies.. and now they're both riding around on their bikes, chasing each other & playing on toy laptops!

My midwife appt for today got cancelled, cos she is delivering her 2nd baby of the day - I don't mind one bit, she's re-scheduled for tomorrow, so not like I have to wait another few days or anything. Will be good to hear Emmy's h/b, but she's kicking lots at the moment, so I am pretty confident all is well in there.

Have you noticed that bubs movements are getting more obvious & harder? It's something I've noticed over the past.. 3? days or so.. it's like all of a sudden I'm taking a beating from the inside

February 9th, 2010, 09:17 AM
I'm glad your appt didn't get postponed too long! I actually have not felt her as much the last few days. I find she might have a really active day and then she is quiet for a few days. Kind of freaks me out a little but I try to remind myself to calm down and as long as I feel her a few times a day then all is well I am the type of person that if I let myself I could really freak myself out. DS was somewhat lazy in the womb from time to time as well as I try to remind myself of that too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search