Agoodwin & AlyNicole

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's going good! We're doing a very hungry caterpillar theme for her. And I'm going to attempt to make her cake being 35 weeks pregnant lol. I think I've probably lost my mind, I said yesterday just getting things ready for her that week will probably send me into labor!

Hope you pass the test! I think I would have died if I had to do the 3 hour.

I took Carly with me to do the license plate thing, we waited over an hour for my number to get called, and when we got up to the counter the woman said oh you didn't have to wait for a sticker you could have just come and asked right away! But at least Carly isn't walking yet so she stays put in the stroller, a 3 year old is so much tougher lol

Oh you just reminded me I keep forgetting to mail in my registration! I know it's so hard to believe, it went by so fast. I feel so unprepared, we're still dealing with a broken crib so the room is back to being a mess again. At least it looked good for a few weeks lol

It's in the 50's and 60's here this week so its pretty good, a little chilly though. DH and I booked a little getaway to NH this weekend, and then found out its going to be cold and possibly some snow!

April 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM
AlyNicole's Avatar Super Mommy!
HI! Sorry its taken me a few days to get on here. Its been so busy here, getting my sons birthday party together and trying to get everything ready for baby. Everythings going so fast right now!

Your birthday theme is such a cute idea! Is it going be like the 'Very hungry caterpillar' book? I remember we had a teddy bear 1st birthday for DS...1st birthdays are very exciting!!!

I got my 3D/4D ultrasound on Friday, I'm gonna post a pic of her...just need to figure it out. lol. It was amazing! At first her little hands were in her face...so we got alot of shots of her girl parts. haha. But then she showed us her face. I think she looks alot like my son! She even stuck her tongue out at us! Very cool! The most important thing is shes measuring right now track!

Hows your pregnancy going? Have you gotten the leg cramps yet? I have, and they are sooo painful!

I dont know if you wanted to send your number to me or if you had a facebook? I dont mine either way. I know we're getting closer. I cant believe June babies are getting born now!
April 25th, 2010, 02:27 PM

Last edited by AlyNicole; April 25th, 2010 at 02:29 PM.
April 25th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Aw those are great pictures, shes so cute!

I'll be getting another ultrasound next week because at my appointment last week I was already measuring 36 weeks! So, I'm sure I'm in for another huge baby. I'm just excited about the ultrasound because they always turn the 3d/4d on when you have a late pregnancy scan.

I just started getting leg cramps this weekend, I thought it was so weird because I never had them with Carly and didn't realize it was a pregnancy thing lol Pregnancy is going pretty good, just tired all the time now.

I definately understand the busy thing, seems like theres always something that needs to be done.

And her theme is just like the book. I'm going to serve the food that is in the book and I've decided to take on the task of making her cake myself at 35 weeks pregnant(I've lost my mind lol).

I do have facebook, you can add me on there if you want, you can find me under acashman05@aol.com.

April 27th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Hey! I cant find you on facebook from your email address....heres mine Aly0154@aol.com

I remember when I was preggo with DS and the dr's always guessed the weight saying around 6lbs and then he popped out 9lbs. Its good your getting an ultrasound to know for sure.

The leg cramps are awful. I got them all the time with DS and its starting again with this pregnancy. Thats the main issue I'm having b/c its making my legs sooo sore to walk.

I love the very hungry caterpillar book! Great idea for a party! Are you making the cake like the caterpillar? I dont think your crazy! Its going to be a great memory for you, to say 'I made her 1st birthday cake'! I wish I could make a cake for DS's birthday but I know it wouldnt turn out good. Lol.

Let me know if you cant find me on facebook. My profile photo has my DS on it!
April 27th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Found you and sent the friend request! So weird that my email wouldn't work though! Oh, and just don't mention JM please on there or anything, I have a few people on my friend list that are quite nosy(okay very nosy) and I don't want them searching for me on here and seeing what I post! lol

I had tons of growth scans with Carly too and they were dead on with her weight, she was a monster lol She was born 37 weeks at 9lb 3oz. So we're expecting at least that size this time!

Here's a link to what I'm going to make. Coco Cake Cupcakes--Vancouver BC by Lyndsay Sung: The Hungry Caterpillar Cupcake Party Train!

I'm going to have to make extra cupcakes than what are in that picture though, because it won't be enough for everyone.

April 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I accepted you! Your family is adorable...I cant wait to see pix of Sofia on there! I understand about nosey people...I deleted alot of them before I told everyone I was pregnant again. I hate gossip, especially the people that you never talk to but they're on your facebook. Will you post on there when your in labor? I probably will b/c I have family in different states that are on FB.

I love seeing the chubby newborns. I cant believe she was that big at 37wks. Just think how big she would of been at 40wks! Jeremy was 38wks and he was 8lb 8ozs and I really wished at had a growth scan before that. lol!

I saw on your FB you went to Lenoir-Rhyne. Did you grow up in North Carolina? I lived in Charlotte, NC and knew alot of people that went to that school. Great school!

That cake looks sooo good! Just looking at it makes me want to eat some cupcakes lol! And the best part is it wont get that messy.
April 27th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I didn't grow up in NC. I've always lived in MA except I went to lenoir-rhyne for like a semester and a half and obviously live in NC during that time. I didn't have the best experience there. I ended up leaving to come home and go to a local college. Not that it was the school, it was some of the people I got stuck with lol. My first roommate I had there actually stole my car, and it only went downhill from there! I did love NC though, the weather was definately nicer there than here in MA!

Yup, it'll be posted when I go into labor on there. Along with a nice message to Dh's family not to show up at the hospital while I'm pushing this time lol It's much easier than calling everyone, our families are all over the country too. I'll definately be making time to go through my friends list very soon, I've been limiting what I post on there just because of those few people. I've been a bit lazy about deleting them lol

I feel like this baby is getting gyped a bit, I posted a bunch of Carly's ultrasound pictures on there when I was pregnant with her, but I havn't even scanned Sofia's to the computer yet!

I love chubby babies too! He was a pretty big baby for 38 weeks too. And I know she would have been like 11-12lbs at 40 weeks if she kept growing like she was!

April 27th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Does your in-laws live close to you? I'm so glad mine are far away this time. We lived like 20mins away from them and they annoyed me during labor and after. Every weekend we had to spend dinner with them...she never gave us space. During the week, she would just show up and never tell me. Ugh! I hope your in-laws are better than mine!

I hope you pressed charges on your roommate! Thats awful! My sister had alot of crap happen to her in Unca (asheville) and dropped out b/c of the people. I think the only good thing about NC is the weather!

I'm feeling alot like you about our babies getting gyped. I had almost everything done so much earlier with DS and I'm not anywhere near done with this one!
But I have done the progression photos this time around...I didnt do it with DS and really wished I did.

Did you check out the May DDC board? THey are having lots of babies right now. Its making it all feel real to me!
April 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
My inlaws are ummm interesting His grandparents were actually out of the country when we had Carly so they weren't an issue, but this time they live 15 min from the hospital so they will be this time. His grandmother does not like to take no from anyone. His sister lives in NH about 3 hours away from us, and she drove down and came straight to the hospital even though DH told her not to, she got there when I just started pushing. But yet his family has seen her so few times since she was born I can still count on my hands.

No, I ended up not pressing charges, but I went down to her work (where she took my car) and the campus police/security went in and got my keys back and exchanged words with her. I think that was punishment enough to do that to her at her job.

I didn't take them with Carly or this time, I have so many stretchmarks its ridiculous. And I just get so huge it's not something I like to look at lol I was already measuring 36 weeks at my 31 week appt.

I did pop over to the May DDC a few minutes ago, it does make it seem real. I can't believe I'm going to have two kids soon!

May 2nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hey! How did you appointment go last week? Is she still measuring big?
May 3rd, 2010, 07:53 AM
I actually just had my growth scan this morning. Shes measuring huge at 5lb 13oz already!

May 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
AWWW Shes going to be here very soon I bet! Did they talk to you about inducing early? Did you have to be induced with Carly? How long was your labor with Carly? I was in labor for 21hours...it felt like 3days. lol!

I cant believe how fast its going. I'm having my baby shower next week...I really need some girly stuff. Its so much fun shopping for girly clothes.
May 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I didn't get to see the doctor today, just an ultrasound. I see my doctor on Friday. I was induced with Carly at 37 weeks but it was because of pre-e, not her size. My induction from start to delivery was about 20 hours! I didn't really notice how long it took though because of whatever they had me on for the pre-e had me VERY out of it.

I know they won't induce until 39 weeks for size though. I'm so worried about a csection if she doesn't turn head down. She's been breech the entire time.

That's exciting that your baby shower is soon! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

I'm getting ready to take Carly for her first swim lesson tonight, hopefully she likes it!

May 3rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
I hope she turns for you too! You still have time for her to turn...I always hear of babies turning right up till the 39th week. How do they know if you had pre-e again or not? I dont know much about it...can it happen with each pregnancy?
I cant wait to see how big shes gonna be...chubby babies are the cutest!

Have fun at your swimming class! Shes gonna love it! Its the best feeling when your pregnant in a pool!
May 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
LOL no way am I getting into a bathing suit pregnant, my mom took her in today. But she hated it, so I might be sucked into getting in with her next week. she only wanted her mommy today lol and she screamed the entire time! I actually had considered going in today for a minute because I heard that maybe it would help the baby turn lol

Pre-e is protein in your urine, high blood pressure, and excesseive swelling with the pitting when you push on it. And I think its because of the high BP that you see spots really bad, like I couldn't even see enough to drive myself to the doctor last pregnancy, someone always had to drive me. When I asked what the chances are of getting it again they told me 20%, so not too high. I think maybe I'm in the clear though because I have absolutely no swelling or protein so far. I think my BP being high is just from stress.

May 3rd, 2010, 05:59 PM
20% is so low... I'm so glad to hear that! I know pre-e is very scary...I always thought it had to do with the umbilical cord.

Awww thats too cute! I remember Jeremy didnt like the pool the first time...we got him a car float and he wouldnt even go in it. He clung to me for dear life. Lol. I dont wear a bathing suit either. I just wear a black tank top and black shorts.
You should definitely go in nexttime...it feels great for pregnancy! I dont know if you read my comment about swimming turning babies...my mom swears by it. Lol!
May 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I think she may have flipped on her own last night! Maybe I won't need to get my pregnant butt into the pool after all lol

Oh wow, I just noticed my ticker for Carly right after I posted this. How on earth did she get that close to the one so fast!

May 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Yay!!!! Thats great news!

Have you packed your hospital bag yet? I feel like I should but then it makes it more real to me. LOL
May 6th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I've been debating either packing next week or the week after Carly's birthday and party(thats going to be a busy week for us we have something planned everyday). DH wants me to pack it next week but it still seems so early! But then again the week after Carly's party I turn 36 weeks so thats probably too late?

I'm not packing much anyway this time. Last time I didn't use almost anything I brought.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search