Agoodwin & AlyNicole

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2010, 10:44 AM
AlyNicole's Avatar Super Mommy!
I was thinking the same thing! Jeremys birthday I'll be 36weeks and hopefully dont want to stress out and go into labor then. I think the week before i'll pack my bag. I remember not packing my hospital bag till the day of labor with DS...dont want to do that this time b/c I forgot alot. Jeremy was so big, he couldnt even fit into his coming home outfit. LOL.

I hope the party planning is going good! I think this months going to go by fast for us b/c of planning our kids parties! Its a good and bad thing...I still have so much to do!

I read your post about the pampers diapers and I heard that too! I'm not a cloth diaper mommy but wondered if you knew of any other newborn diapers thats good? I havent heard good things about huggies and I used the pampers swaddlers with DS.
May 6th, 2010, 10:52 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea about any other brand of diapers! I liked the pampers swaddlers before they changed them. We use huggies occasionally for Carly (when I get lazy and don't wash the cloth diapers in time lol) and we have no rash issues with them, but I have no idea how they are on a newborn.

Actually I usually buy pampers for her when I need disposables, but I accidently bought huggies last time I needed them. It just so happened to be right when they came out with the new pampers so I got lucky by buying the wrong brand!

I've slacked off a bit on party planning, I started her happy birthday banner, and it still sits there unfinished lol

I haven't even sent in my registration forms for the hospital yet and they need to be in by next week!

May 6th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I've heard issues with leakage with the huggies brand. I dont know why they changed pampers, its frustrating me! And I'm having issues with the carseat being recalled. I guess I cant reuse everything but I was hoping to reuse the infant carseat.

I've slacked off too! Just thinking about it makes me tired! We were going to have his party at a bounce place the 22nd. BUT that fell through b/c one of my mommy friends kid is having her party there. We're not that close but she was all upset I scheduled Jeremys party the same day. ugh. So now we're having it at the park, I'm hoping its not going to be too hot that day. *crossingfingers

I still haven't pre-registered yet either. I keep asking for the form but they seem to never have it at my ob. So I have to go the hospital and pick one up. I guess its not that important if they never have it! LOL>
May 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Well if it makes you feel any better, I know Carly obviously isn't wearing newborn diapers, but she is wearing size 3 huggies on occasion and we've never had a leak issue.

That really stinks that your carseat was recalled!

I'm bad I probably wouldn't have cared if the party was the same day lol I would have done it anyway. Maybe it's just the pregnant hormones talking lol Hopefully it's not hot that day so you're comfortable outside. I'm so worried about rain for Carly's, we are doing it in our backyard and if it rains we have to have about 26-30 people in our house.

That's so weird that they don't have the form at your OB, thats a pain to have to go somewhere else to get it!

May 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I'm thinking about trying huggies first to begin with. I just remember not liking them as much as pampers with DS. I know they came out with a natural organic huggie. Maybe I should switch to cloth! LOL

I went to the ob yesterday and waited there for an hour b/c my dr. was delivering at the hospital. Its good he does that, but I wish they would call ya first, before getting there. Jeremy was going crazy by the time we got to see the dr. He says I'm measuring 35weeks, so he def. wants me to get a weight check ultrasound next visit. I'm wondering if she'll be as big as Jeremy. How big are you guessing Sofia will be?
May 11th, 2010, 08:50 AM
lol Cloth isn't as gross or hard as it seems! I'm glad I do it now just because pampers was the only brand I liked too!

It stinks when doctors office doesn't tell you about things ahead of time. I can't imagine making a kid that age wait that long, I know when we've had to wait Carly is going nuts too! My appointment last Friday, I got there and they told me I wasn't even seeing my doctor because she ended up being out that day.

Well the exact guess I took is if I make it to 39 weeks I think she'll be 10lb 11oz, or somewhere around there! She was measuring almost 6lbs at 32 weeks so shes going to be huge! Who knows maybe she'll even end up being 12lb lol (If I don't laugh about it I think I would cry!) I blame my DH's family genes, they were all huge babies, and I don't even have GD.

How was your mothers day?

Last edited by MomtoCarly&Sofia; May 11th, 2010 at 09:02 AM.
May 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm guessing your baby girl will be 10lbs 5ozs around 39weeks. I really hope shes not 12lbs, that would be hard for you! Don't buy alot of NB clothes either, I never used them with Jeremy but bought alot! I think Scarlett will be around 8lbs at 39wks. And thats alot for me!

My mothers day was good, minus Jeremy having a meltdown right before we left for a baseball game. I got some chocolates and flowers from "Jeremy" and vinny put Jeremy down for bed....best gift ever! Hes such a fighter for bedtime!
How was your Mothers day? Is Carlys birthday this weekend?
May 13th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I figure if I keep telling myself 12lbs then I won't be so shocked at my next ultrasound when shes smaller than that lol

All of Sofia's clothes are hand me downs from Carly, we have soo much! And not a single newborn outfit!

Ohh, got to love the meltdowns! DH got me a picture frame personalized with a cute saying and a card. Plus he did all the dirty work with Carly that day (diaper changes and such), which I loved not having to do! lol

Her birthday is on Monday! And her party is on the 22nd, I've been watching the weather hoping it won't rain because we can't fit all 30 people in our house!

May 14th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I know we were talking about diapers before. I was looking today at diapers.com and I think that the pampers swaddlers sensitive don't have the dry max? I hope they don't that way I can use them!

May 15th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I've been looking around too and noticed that the 'big' box of pampers swaddlers are dry max and you can find the smaller box with just swaddlers on them. I love the smell of the swaddlers so much! Brings back memories! I think I'm sticking with pampers and staying away from dry max ones.

I told you about the recall my eddie bauer travel stroller/carseat seat? We went to target today with tons of coupons and just bought a new carseat b/c the recall was just for the EB carseat. We saved $50 and only paid half of that. I was soooo happy! I really didnt want to buy a whole new stroller system with it. And this new carseat fits in the old stroller. Whoa! Thats a big relief!
Hows the crib working out for you? Did they ever send you the parts you needed?

I've been getting alot of braxton hicks lately. Its freaking me out b/c I only had them with my 1st pregnancy about a week before going into labor. My doctor says its normal with second pregnancy. Are you noticing them sooner with your 2nd?
May 15th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I've had what I'm assuming are braxton hicks since like 28 weeks and it's just been so annoying and uncomfortable. Although lately I swear I've been having real contractions that actually hurt.

I didn't feel a single contraction with Carly until I was about 5 or 6cm when I was being induced, so this is just all new to me. I had mentioned I was having tons at my last appointment and the doctor said to call if I had 4 or 5 in an hour, but of course I never call because I'd be calling everyday if that were the case.

That's such a great price for a carseat! We did get the crib piece we needed on Monday (they were extremely late, by like 2 hours though!) and it FINALLY is all set!

May 23rd, 2010, 04:42 PM
Hey! How was Carly's birthday Saturday? I hope it went good for ya! Jeremy's party is on Friday...we're doing something really easy, bubbles and cupcakes. Lol.

I've been having lots of braxton hicks this weekend. I dont know if its because I have a sinus infection or if that means more. I have an appt. tomorrow and really dont want to hear she'll be here soon. I'm not ready and I dont know why. LOL. I still need to pack my hospital bag!

Hows your pregnancy going? have they said you don't have pre-e? I hope so!

PS- I love the photos you posted of Carly! She is sooo beautfiul and that photographer does great work!
May 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Well Saturday was VERY stressful because I went in on Friday for my BPP/ 35 wk appt and ended up being admitted to L&D. So we thought we were going to have to postpone it, but we ended up just moving back the time to 4pm. I got sprung from the hospital at 11am Saturday morning and thankfully I had my mom, her boyfriend, and my DH doing everything for the party.

But I do have pre-e and I'm supposed to be on strict bedrest Which is impossible and I'm failing miserably at it. And at the BPP Sofia didn't move in the entire 30-40 minutes and she wouldn't do any practice breathing so they were worried about that. Once I ended up in L&D she was okay though, hopefully it stays that way.

My doctor told me I definately won't be going past 37 weeks so in less than 2 weeks we'll have another baby I'm pretty miserable and feel crappy most of the time. Since I have pre-e again this is going to be our last, I can't go through this a 3rd time.

And I've been really crampy in my lower back today, added to the contractions.

Jeremy's party sounds like a great idea, the easier the better lol I hope it goes well!

Thanks! I fell in love with her work and we drove an hour and a half to have the pictures taken lol

May 24th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Wow, your appt. sounds just like mine today. I'm 3cent. dilated, he kept saying I have a soft cervix and her head is really low. He thinks I only have 2weeks left. AHHHHH I feel awful too!

I'm so sorry you have pre-e again. I hope these 2weeks ago fast for you! I'm really glad you got to have carlys party! At least thats done with, right? I have Jeremys friday and I'm freaking out I'll stressout to much and go into labor. *Crossing my fingers I don't!

So are you ready? People keep asking me and I don't know what to answer...I'm ready to meet her. I still have alot of organizing and cleaning to do. DH still hasn't put the carseat in my car and I need to pack my hospital bag. I think DH is freaking out at the moment...he thought we had a month left, not two weeks. I think I'll go on semi-bedrest...really don't want to go into labor on memorial day weekend again.
May 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Wow, thats great progress! My doctor tried to check me while I was in triage last Tuesday because of all the contractions I was having but it hurt too bad and I literally clawed my way up the bed away from her. So I guess I just won't know. Not that it's going to matter if she doesn't turn from being breech soon anyway

I'm VERY ready. We have everything we need, the house is clean, and hospital bag is packed. We aren't putting the carseat in the car until we have her though. Someone will bring it to the hospital for us and DH will install it there. I do need to refix the hospital bag a bit though because I had to use it Friday-Saturday when I was admitted for the night.

I'm failing miserably at my bedrest, but I don't think I care much because bedrest lowers my BP and it's certainly not going to send me into labor and my goal is to evict her any time now! I know it's early but with the pre-e I think it's understandable.

June 7th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Hey! I think we both had our babies last week! Scarlett Alexis arrived June 1st @ 5:43pm 5lbs 10oz. We definitely suprise at how small she is but thankful shes healthy. She had her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck twice and my dr. thinks thats why she came her...also b/c of the meconium they found from the stress of the cord. It actually helped her that she was so small, b/c the cord was not to tight around her neck. I had a little drama with my dr. not showing up and I had to wait (already 10cm) for 45mins and he got there, she was out in 8mins! Super fast!

How did you labor go? I cant wait to see a pic of your little girl. I dont know if you checked my FB lately but there tons of photos on there. Hope your labor when as painless as possible!

Last edited by AlyNicole; June 7th, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
June 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Congrats! I saw your facebook pictures, shes adorable!

I had Sofia June 5th at 4:27am, 7lb 10oz. I went in Friday for my version and she had flipped head down the night before! So I was induced anyway because of the pre-e. I almost didn't get an epidural because it took the guy 6 tries to get it right, and it hurt so bad. And in the last hour of labor her heartrate kept going down and I was very close to a csection. Once they broke my water though I went from 7-10cm in like 30 minutes and pushed her out in under 5 minutes! DH woke up from a nap literally 10 minutes before she was born, if the nurse hadn't woken him up he probably would have missed it!

I actually checked out early because I felt so great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search