Agoodwin & AlyNicole

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
Name: Ashley
User Name: agoodwin
Due Date: June 24
Boy/Girl/Unknown: Unknown
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 2nd
How many children do you have? 1

Name: (First name) Allison
User Name: AlyNicole
Due Date: June 24th.
Boy/Girl/Unknown: unknown/findout on Jan. 25th!
Marital Status: Married
What # Pregnancy is this for you? 3rd
How many children do you have? 1 son, 3yearsold
January 27th, 2010, 12:21 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

Oh and just so your not confused I changed my username from agoodwin to momtocarly!

January 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM
AlyNicole's Avatar Super Mommy!
HI! Thanks for reminding me...at first I was trying to remember if I ever seen a post with your username. I definitely see you on here alot! Your daughter is beautiful by the way. And congrats on your baby girl! :-) Love the name you picked out!
February 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks, shes cute but getting to be quite the hand full! lol

Do you have a name picked out yet?

February 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Yes, it seemed like such a battle this time around. My Dh really wanted to be involved in picking out her name, so I let him choose her middle name. Her name is Scarlett Alexis. Her nickname will be Carly! I love that name :-)

Do you have a name picked out for her yet? I notice your daughters birthday is in may...my sons birthday is may 26th. Our kids are going to have close birthdays!
February 16th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I love the name you have picked out, and of course I love the nickname Carly too!

Well, DH pretty much let me pick the name. I'm sure if he hated it he would have said so, but I picked Sofia Claire. It definately would have been a name battle if this baby had been a boy though.

Yup, she was born May 17th. I refuse to have this baby until after her first birthday party

February 17th, 2010, 05:59 PM
I love her name! Thats great your husband let you pick it out.
You're definitely right about battling with boys names. DH was super picky with our sons name and we HAD to have his middle name the same has my DH name. Even though I would of like a different middle name. lol!

Same here, I'm really hoping she'll be here close to her due date... before my sons birthday (may26th) I'm a twin and never liked sharing birthdays with my sister. It does save alot of money though. :-)
February 17th, 2010, 06:50 PM
lol well your DH was easier than mine with boy names, if we had a boy he wanted him to be the III, talk about confusing having 3 people in the family with the same name!

February 17th, 2010, 08:27 PM
You guys will definitely fight that one when the time comes. Do you think he'd win?
My husband is the III in his family. I knew his dad was pretty upset that we didnt name DS after him but at least its in the middle name. Nowadays you dont really have many Jr's. and so on. Is sofia claire a family name?
March 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
Nope not a family name, just one that I loved. We don't use family names because well our families would end up in a fight because of jealousy. Sad but true.

Who knows if he would win with the boy name, probably because I would feel bad that I named the girls. But we are pretty sure we are done having kids after Sofia is here. Pregnancy just is not easy on me!

Have you started getting Scarletts room together yet?

March 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Our families would do the same thing. I think they're always in competition with eachother. No family names here with our girl either.

I feel the same way with pregnancy, its soooo hard but definitely worth it. We're still deciding if we're going to have a 3rd or not in a few years.

I have started alittle in her room. Dh has to put her crib together and changing table. Then I cant wait to decorate.
Have you picked out bedding or deco for sofia yet? When her rooms done, I'll def. send you a picture of it.I'm hoping to get it all done by the end of april...make it like a deadline.

Hows your pregnancy going so far?
March 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm a little crazy and have her room already decorated and set up I'll post some pictures of it tomorrow. But I think it's because we had a lot of stuff from Carly still since she's still a baby herself, so we didn't really need to buy much except bedding and furniture.

Pregnancy is going well so far. Just a little nervous because I've started having spots in my eyes again. I had pre eclampsia with Carly starting at 32 weeks so I'm just extra nervous this time about it, and every little thing makes me worry. I have an appointment, so I'll find out then how my blood pressure and everything is.

How's everything going for you?

March 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Thats great! I wish I had her room already done. I have a few things I can reuse from when Jeremy was little but not much. I'm excited to start decorating! Are you having a baby shower? Dh thinks I should wait till after the shower but thats going to be in the end on may, way to long to wait. Lol.

I hope you dont have preclampsia again. I dont know much about it but I know its very scary! Are you going to your ob every two weeks now?
I have my next appt. on the 22nd and I'm hoping it'll be every two weeks after that. I'm starting to get a rash on my arms and thighs...its not to itchy yet but it is spreading. I think its hormonal and hoping its not the PUPPS rash again. That was awful with my 1st pregnancy.
Do you think your going to have her early or on her due date? My son was 2weeks early, so I'm thinking she'll be the same too.

Last edited by AlyNicole; March 12th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
March 12th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Nope, I start two week appointments after my next one on April 9th. My blood pressure was surprisingly good today so maybe I will get lucky this time.

PUPPS sounds horrible, I couldn't imagine being itchy like that for months, I would lose my mind!

I just had a baby shower when I was pregnant with Carly last April so I won't be having one this time, plus we don't really need anything. What I did last time was I decorated the room and everything, but I didn't buy much else except what I needed to decorate until after the shower. It was soo hard waiting!

I think she'll be early, but who knows. I was induced with Carly at 37 weeks because of the pre-e, so I never got a chance to go into labor on my own. I think if this baby is measuring as big as she did then if I don't have her on my own before 39 weeks they'll induce me. Carly was 9lb 3.8oz at 37 weeks so she was HUGE lol.

I'll be having a growth scan at 36 weeks to see if I'm having another huge baby. Are you going to be having any more ultrasounds?

March 12th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Here are the pictures of her room. We are still waiting on the name letters I ordered to arrive, and the nail covers I ordered that match to hang everything up on the walls. And the glider is still in Carlys room, along with the swing that will be in here eventually (she's still using it at 10 months old! I need to get her out of it soon lol)

We have a ridiculous amount of clothes from Carly, none of this is new stuff.

Her coming home outfit.

Diaper stash

March 22nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, sofias room is beautiful! I love the bedding and the accent to the walls. Great job!
This makes me want to finish her room even sooner. I just got done unpacking all the baby stuff that we used with my son. Not much reuseable stuff, so I have alot more to get.

Hows your pregnancy going? I just got back from my ob appt. and next week I have to take that glucose test again *yuck. Have you taken it yet?

Can you believe we're almost in our third trimester? This pregnancy has gone so fast! hope your doing good!
March 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM
I just took my glucose test today, that drink is so gross! And I always feel terrible after I drink it! I had to take one around 11-12 weeks too, I guess because Carly was so huge when she was born last May and they wanted to make sure they didn't miss GD.

I know it has gone so fast! As much as I can't wait to meet Sofia, I want it to slow down! I can't believe my little baby Carly is almost a year old! It's so weird for me, just as we are getting past the baby days with her, we will be just starting with this baby.

March 24th, 2010, 08:07 AM
That drink is so yucky. I got so sick when I drank it last time...I'm thinking b/c I didnt eat anything from the night before and then went really early to take the test. I'm really not looking forward to taking it this time. And also having to wait there for an hour is not fun either.

I forgot you asked me about if I'm having another ultrasound. I will have 2 more mainly b/c of my asthma. one at 30wks and weight check at 36wks. I'm excited to do the 3d/4d this time around. With my son we only had one 2d ultrasound.

I'm feeling the same way about having one kid get older and then a new baby. Lots of changes and birthdays! :-)
April 6th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Oops! Forgot to check in here for a while! Things are so crazy around here, we ended up having to take apart the furniture we had bought for Sofia since the crib just wasn't safe, we returned it and bought the same stuff Carly has. Which is what DH wanted to do to begin with (sometimes I hate when he is right lol)

Then planning Carlys birthday is keeping me pretty busy. On top of getting pulled over on easter! My license plate still had a 2008 sticker on it, how I got away with it for two years I don't know lol. So I couldn't even drive my car until I got a new one.

We got a 3D ultrasound about 1-2 times a week starting around 34 weeks with Carly. You'll love it! It was so cool seeing her like that, and she came out looking exactly like she did in the ultrasound pictures we had gotten 2 days before she was born!

April 14th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hey! Oh I know, things have been soooo busy around here too. Hows Carly's birthday party planning going?
I told myself not to stress out this time but I have already started. Jeremy really wants an Alvin and Chipmunks party theme and I cant find anything chipmunk anywhere. I definitely have to be really creative if theres nothing out there. boo! lol.

I just took that gluclose test last week and havent heard back if I passed yet. I'm really hoping I do b/c that drink is soooo gross. I was gagging the whole time. *crossing fingers*

Thats so funny about your license plate...I really need to do mine too! But just thinking about taking my 3yearold with me to do this makes me NOT want too. lol.

I cant believe how fast this pregnancy is going! Can you believe in about 2months we're going to have lil ones again? I'm taking my son to a "big brother, siblings class" tonight and I'm just so in shock its all happening so soon.
I really need to get stuff done, I still havent registered to the hospital yet or went for a tour. Ahhhhh. lol.

I hope your weeks going good! hows the weather where you live? We're finally having nice weather this week!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search