Leanne78 & who_it_is

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just thought I would check in and see how things were going? It has been so busy, I can barely think straight some days.

The big move was this past weekend, and I can just say that I am glad that it's over. I didn't lift anything, but I am so sore from all of the standing that I did. Once we get all unpacked, it will be nice to sit back and relax a little.

No appointments for me until the 16th, so there isn't much to report. The baby does seem to get hiccups quite often, so that has been neat to feel. Movements are getting a tad more consistent, I can count on feeling a little something just about every day at some point at least now, which is comforting.

Hope things are going well with you!!!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
March 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Glad the move is done! I'm sure you still have a lot of settling in to do though.

I just had an appointment yesterday, but it was just one of those get your pee tested, check for a heartbeat and get booted out the door. I did get my paperwork for my GD testing. They told me not to go until I'm 26 weeks though, so I still have a few more weeks before I have to deal with that. Next appointment for me is an Echocardiogram next Thursday.

DH and I are starting Childbirth Prep classes tomorrow night. I wasn't going to do it, but part of the course is a tour of the maternity ward and they also certify you in infant CPR. I figured those two things alone made it worth it and with this being our first, DH and I need all the info. we can get.

That is about all that is going on here. Just trying to keep my head above water at work and keep up with all these little appointments here and there.

March 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Sorry I have been so MIA lately. Work is totally a blur, but we have reached our first tax deadline today - Corporate Returns. And only 30 days left until it is all over again for this year.

How did the echocardiogram go last week? Nothing exciting for me really. My next appointment is this coming Thursday. We opted out of the child birth class this time, even though it is DH's first. We are able to schedule a tour of the hospital seperate from the class, so that is what we are doing. I think it's sometime towards the end of April. Time is certainly flying by quickly.

Baby is moving much more lately, so that is fun. DH has yet to fell her, though. Seems she knows when someone is watching her and will get really, really still until he moves his hand, then she kids like crazy. DS has felt her, and he thought it was totally neat. But then again, he talks to my belly all the time like she is here and ready to respond to him (and since my belly is about face height to him, it's always in his face anyway LOL) so he was talking to her the other day and she moved and he was able to feel it. Pretty cute.

Not sure how much I will be on this week, I am looking at huge piles of files that need to be dealt with, and am totally procrastinating right now on getting going on any of them.

Hope your week is going well and you're not too swamped at your work!!

March 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hi Lisa! I figured you have been really busy still will the move and work etc... I haven't been on a lot lately either. The echocardiogram went really well. They said her heart looked great. They are scheduling me for a final growth scan in May and then I should be done with the High Risk OB. My 3d/4d u/s is this weekend, so I'm really excited about that. I hope I get some good pictures because all the ones I have gotten from my high risk OB have kind of sucked.

Baby moves a little, but she seems content to just sleep most of the time. DH did feel her once though about a week ago when she was being particularly active. You could actually see the kicks from the outside. That was only once though. The rest of the time, I rarely feel anything. That's so cute that your DS talks to the baby.

This whole picking a name thing is driving me insane. I have spent hours and hours scouring names trying to find one that my DH is satisfied with. I still have Shaelyn and Ashlyn on my list, but now I'm thinking Irelyn is kind of cute. I just want to come up with a final name so I can get some baby letters for the nursery.

Good luck with all those files!!!

March 18th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I like all of those names. I know you want to get the letters for her room, but sometimes it helps to choose a name after you see the little one. I was like that with DS. I had three names that I really liked and couldn't choose between them. And when I looked at him I knew that he wasn't an Andrew or a Matthrew - he was a Stephen. DD was the same, but that is only because we had a boy name al picked for her as the u/s read "boy". So one look and she was instantly named.

Glad to hear that the echo went well. As for moving, I think all babies have their own patterns and personalities. DS didn't do a lot of kicking, but I could feel him swoosh around in there from time to time. He would also press with his hand (or maybe it was a foot) a lot when I had my hand on my belly as time went on. This one gives a nudge here or there through out the day, and tends to have a more active spurt in that hour just before I fall asleep.

My Dr. appointment is today, and to be honest, I am a tad worried about what she will say. I have been having some braxton hicks (i think) contractions every day, especially in the afternoons. Never more than 4 in an hour, but up to 8-10 per day some days. So I guess we will see later what she has to say.

March 22nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
How did the appointment go Lisa? Still having the Braxton Hicks?

Baby wasn't very cooperative for the 3D ultrasound. I kind of had a feeling she wouldn't be. We did get a few cute pictures, but they asked me to come back for a retry in 4 weeks. So, we'll try again at almost 30 weeks and see if we can get some better pictures. I found out that she does have that anterior placenta though, so that is probably why I have not been feeling too much. She has a big pillow basically blocking her from my tummy. It's nice to know why I haven't been feeling her much, but it's kind of a pain because there's no real good way to monitor her activity.

Hope all is going well with you!!!

March 22nd, 2010, 08:43 AM
The appointment was alright. My regular doctor was not there so I had to meet with the Nurse Practitioner who is new to the practice, so that was a little unsettling. Her words were "well what I have heard other doctors tell their patients...." yikes! Ultimately unless I am getting more than 4 an hour or they do not stop when I rest, then she wants me to call in. I am still getting them, some days they don't start until the afternoon, and other days they start right when I wake up. I am trying not to worry too much about it, and my next appointment with the Dr. is in three weeks.

Good to know abou the anterior placenta. That makes total sense on why you are feeling only little movements. Bummer that she wasn't cooperative at the 3D ultrasound. I honestly think there must be something about the frequency of the ultrasounds and dopplers that bugs some babies. Mine will be quiet as can be, then when the dr tries to hear a heartbeat will move all around trying to avoid being under the doppler. Hopefully in a few weeks you will be able to get some better shots.

I finally managed to register for the baby shower this weekend. I have completely forgotten how much stuff babies need. As we were going through the store there were more and more items that I would find that I know we will need. Sure there are plenty that we can totally live without, but still lots of necessities that we will need. I am starting to feel totally behind, but am forbidden from buying anything until after the shower in early May.

Hope things are well with you this week. When is your next appointment??

March 22nd, 2010, 09:17 AM
My registry is pretty huge too. My sister is keeping the date of my shower a surprise, but I'm sure it will be in May sometime too. I'm trying NOT to buy anything else until after the shower. It's so hard though because I just want everything now. I'm one of those types who wants everything done ahead of time and waiting it killing me! I've probably already bought more than I should have.

That stinks about your doctor not being there. My next appointment is next Tuesday. I think I go to every 2 weeks after that. I'm not looking forward to when they actually start checking the cervix etc. Hopefully the BH settles down for you. I get unnerved easily, so I know how it can be hard not to worry.

March 29th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hi Lisa! How goes it this week? Any appointments/tests? I have a regular OB appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully, they will give me the results of my GD testing from last week. I never heard anything back from the lab. Aside from that, not much going on. I'm excited about my ticker moving over a box though!

March 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Hey there! I actually had an appointment just this afternoon. I has posted about a week ago that I was going to have to switch doctors, so this was my first appointment with the new doc. So far, I am very happy with him. While he was running about 45 minutes behind, he also spent about 35 minutes talking to me about the BH contractions I had been having, the spots I tend to be seeing lately and the swelling in my hands and feet - all pretty normal things according to him. BH are nothing to worry about if they respond to rest by stopping - a real contraction wouldn't stop just because I rest. The spots are likly a result of by ever changing blood pressure and unless they are persistant or accompanied by other symptoms are nothing to worry about. And the swelling in my hands is normal, and a result of my long hours in front of they keyboard and the ever stretching ligaments of pregnancy. And this was all in his office - then we went back to the exam room for the standards. Measuring right at 27 weeks, and heart beat is good at 151 BPM. He also checked for position, and she seems to be laying diagonally, with her head in my right ribs and her feet resting on the comfy pillow that is my bladder.

Took the glucose test today, too. Yuck! I should hear back on that in a week. I go back again in 3 weeks, and then every two weeks after that though May. Weekly appointments (and cervix checks) start at the beginning of June unless he thinks there is something going on sooner.

So all in all a good appointment. Now if I could just plan it so he is there when I deliver all things would be great in the world. It sounds like I have an 80% chance of him being there anyway, so I figure those are pretty good odds.

How are things going for you this week? Didn't you have an appointment today, too?

March 31st, 2010, 05:37 AM
Glad your appointment went well and that you like your new doctor! It sounds like he really spent a lot of time with you which is nice. That's great that he thinks everything is sounding normal and that that all the measurements are good. Isn't that glucose drink disgusting??? I had actually read a few ladies on here saying they liked it, but I thought it was awful. Then you have to sit there with that taste in your mouth for an hour - ick!

Yes, my appointment was yesterday too. So far so good. The GD test came back negative so no more testing there. They did tell me that I am slightly anemic so I'm on a higher iron supplement now. My prenatals already have a pretty good iron dose in them, but I guess it just wasn't enough. I am measuring 2 weeks behind just belly circumference-wise, but the doctor wasn't worried about that because she said you tend not to get as big with your first. I know from the ultrasounds that the baby is actually pretty good size for it's age, so no worries. I have to go every two weeks now, so my next appointment is on the 16th.

I just can't get over how fast everything is going. I know it's going to keep going this way too because I have a lot going on the next two months aside from baby stuff. It will be surreal when we start having birth stories in the DDC!!!

April 6th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Things are definately going fast. I told DH just this last weekend that we have approximately 10 weeks left. I am starting to feel like I really need to get some things accomplished, but am on hold until after May 17th to buy anything. I did order the crib, changing table and dresser last weekend as that is one thing that we didn't register for, so it will be nice to at least get that and get it set up.

My next appointment isn't until the 21st. And then I think I start the every two week appointments. Other than the carpal tunnel that I seem to have developed in my left wrist, things are going pretty smoothly. I am going to mention the carpal tunnel to my OB when I see him and see if he is able to give me a referral to physical therapy for it. We have a client here who is a physical therapist, and she thinks that she can at least help a little with it and hopefully it will go away completely post-baby.

Still waiting on the results from last week's GD test. If I don't hear something by Thursday or Friday I may give them a call.

Hope things are continuing to go well with you this week!!

April 6th, 2010, 11:48 AM
No one ever called me with the GD results. They just called the OB office and told them and they didn't say anything to me until my next appointment. Most likely you would have heard something if it was bad, but calling your OB wouldn't hurt if you don't hear anything soon. They should have the results by now.

That's exciting about your baby furniture being ordered!!! I bet you will be glad to get that all set up. My nursery is still at the same point it was weeks ago - all put together except for curtains and decorations on the walls. I can see that not getting done until the last minute. Figures I would have it all done months ahead of time but called stalled on just a few details.

I can finally feel the baby kicking consistently now. It didn't start until the 27th week though. I think she may have shifted position. I feel her a lot now and DH even saw one of her kicks from just looking at my stomach because it was that strong. She has suddenly turned into a little squirmer! At least I know she is alive in there though. I'll take this over no movement any day.

It's interesting that you are having problems with your left wrist. I'm having problems with my left hand. My ring finger and pinky finger are completely numb. Supposedly I have a pinched nerve in my left shoulder that is causing the hand to go numb. They think it will probably resolve after the pregnancy too, but it's a real pain in the meantime. I was already going to the chiropractor for my sciatic nerve, so she's working on this now too. Hope yours goes away soon!

My next appointment is the 16th. I'm every two weeks now. And then on the 17th we're redoing that 3D ultrasound. Hopefully, she cooperates!

April 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Lisa - Any news on the GD test? I had my regular appointment today. Everything looked good. I'm measuring right at 30 weeks now and I've gained 17 pounds total. It did take her a few minutes to find the heartbeat which kind of had me on edge even though I knew I had felt her earlier. She finally found it though and it's a good 142. Tomorrow is the 3D ultrasound again, so hopefully that goes well.

Hope everything is going good for you!

April 19th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Leanne - sorry it has taken me a bit to get back. With the 15th last week work was more than just a little swamped. So strange how this time last week I wouldn't have imagined checking in on the boards, but today I have just about nothing to do.

The results from the GD test was fine. I think I was at 122 and the high is 140, so nothing to worry about. I have my next OB appointment this Wednesday, and then start ever two week visits after that. Other than being really, really tired things have been going well. I am going to have them check my iron levels if they didn't with the last blood test. I know that everyone gets tired in the 3rd trimester, but it's really starting to get a bit silly at my house with my going to be by 8pm every night.

Yay for good appointment for you! I hate it when the little ones squirm so the doc can't get the heartbeat quickly. Mine does that too. My new doctor is really good about first finding her position and then going from there. But always brings a moment of panic. I saw in the main board that the u/s didn't go quite as planned, but glad you were able to get at least a few good pics from it.

How are things looking for you this week?

April 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Glad the GD test went well! I bet you were busy last week!

Yes, the 3D ultrasound was a little disappointing. We did get a few cute shots, but most of the time was spent just trying to get baby to move so we could get some shots. She was very content to lay with her head pushed right into the placenta leaving no space for fluid and a good shot. She also spent a lot of time sucking on her hand and putting it in front of her face. I was practically standing on my head trying to get her to change positions, but she wouldn't have any of it. At least I got that one shot of her smiling. That makes it worth it.

Nothing for me this week which is actually nice for a change. Next week, I have a Chiropractor and a regular OB visit. I'm at every two weeks now too. I don't mind that too much but the last visit I had on Friday, I had to wait an hour to get in with the doctor. That kills my time at work, so hopefully that doesn't become a regular theme for my appointments.

It's hard to believe we only have 10 weeks left!!!

April 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Oops double post!

April 26th, 2010, 08:58 AM
How are things going?

We had our regualr OB appointment last week, and are now on an every two week schedule. The appointment went well - slightly anemic, but nothing that the Dr. is worried about since it's only 0.6 lower than normal and it's based on normal blood volumes, not the increased blood volume of a pregnant lady. Small amount of protien in my urine and lots of swelling in my feet - to which he requested I drink tons of water, and see how it is at my next appointment. The levels weren't high enough to worry about for now, especially since my blood pressure is steadily rising, but not off the charts. Baby's heartbeat sounded great, and I am sure that I am meauring fine - he measured, but didn't say the measurement out loud, as he was called off to an emergency midway through my appointment so was a little hurried at that point.

All in all things are going alright. Just the normal pregant lady complaints. I would really love to bypass the whole month of May and just get to June already, but I am sure that the time will fly by quickly.

Work has slowed down considerably, so now it's back to focusing on school for the next 6 weeks.

I keep telling DH that we have somewhere between 8-10 (well I guess 7-9 as of this week) weeks left. Amazing how quickly time flies!

April 26th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Hi Lisa! Glad the appointment went well. I am with you on just wanting May to go by. I can tell things are going to start getting "difficult" from here out. LO has been shoving her feet up under my rib cage a lot lately and it is anything but comfortable. Just getting around in general is not as easy as it used to be and anything that involves bending over is a chore. My poor boobs need a break too! They are so big that the other day I spilled brownie batter on my shirt and didn't even know it because I couldn't see over the "girls" to see I had a big brown splotch on my shirt. I want my C's back!!! Double D's suck!

My next appointment is this Friday and then next week I have a growth ultrasound. That should be my last ultrasound unless they see something that concerns them.

I can't believe we have only 7-9 weeks left too!!! I hope I don't go over that. I don't think I could stand it!

May 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hey Leanne!! It looks like things went well with your u/s this week (at least from what I read on the main board). Yay for good appointments.

I had my 32 week check on Monday. Measuring "right on target" (the dr. never /says numbers), my blood pressure is continuing to creep up - it was 137/83. Again, he is still not worried since I am not having any other real symptoms of Pre-E, only gained 0.2 of a pound in 2 weeks, the swelling in my feet is manageable (well not wearing shoes most of the time surely helps), no real headaches and I only see spots when I change position - nothing very consistent with Pre-E, but he is going to continue to watch it. He did mention that he would prefer that it not get too much higher, but we will cross that when we get to it.

I'm having tons of BH contractions. Some days I get one every time I stand up, other days they will be few and far between. Nights seem to be the worst. I few painful contractions here and there, but nothing to really worry about. Mentioned all of this to the dr., who is again not really worried unless they get worse in the next two weeks. After that, he said all bets are off, and I would be totally fine to deliver at any point. YIKES!!

My next appointment isn't until the 19th of May, so just a little over 2 weeks.

How are things going for you??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search