Leanne78 & who_it_is

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Glad your appointment went well. Your weight gain was much better than mine. Somehow, I managed to pack on 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks! I really haven't been gaining much all throughout the pregnancy and then all of a sudden the last two weigh-ins have been up. I'm just telling myself that she had a little growth spurt! The lady did ask me at the u/s the other day if I had gestational diabetes because of how big the baby was. I told her nope, she's just a chunk. I'm a little frustrated that they are making me come back AGAIN after they told me before this would be the last one. It's not that I don't want to see the baby again, it's just they keep telling me one more ultrasound and then they schedule more. I'm afraid my insurance is going to throw a hissy fit.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the blood pressure stays steady for you and doesn't go up anymore. Pretty crazy to think you would be fine to deliver in 2 weeks! Really puts things into perspective!

How long have you been having the BH's? I don't think I have had any yet. At least that I know of. I hope that doesn't mean that things aren't progressing along. I really want this baby to come more around 38/39 weeks. It sounds silly, but it works out better with DH's work schedule to get time off around then. I'll probably be one of the ones taking EVO and Red Raspberry tea or whatever starting at 34 weeks!

May 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definately put things in perspective to hear those words come out of the Dr.'s mouth. That would put me at 34 weeks... So hopefully the BP will just continue to rise slowly and not go too high.

I have been having BH for about the last 8 weeks or so - since I hit the 2nd trimester mark. I don't know that I ever had any with my first two pregnancies, so don't worry!! If I had them before, I sure wasn't aware of them. Most of time now they are pretty mild, if I feel my stomach when they are happening things just get really hard. But they aren't uncomfortable (mostly) so if I didn't have a hand on my belly I might miss them completely. I am starting to get a few more painful contractions lately. Just sporatically, and not even every day. Sometimes I think the babt is just rebelling against a regular BH because they "intrude on her space".

I hear you on the 38/39 week arrival. I would totally rather that. Even 37 would be fine with me. My daughter has her 6th grade Graduation ceremony on the 16th of June, which is 38 weeks straight up for me. So either 5 days or so before that or after that would be great. I don't want to go past my due date because then I get to the holiday weekend, and don't want to deliver/be in the hospital 4th of July. So like the 11th or 23rd would be really the ideal for me. But, we shall see.

I have been reseasrching the Red Raspberry Tea and EPO as well. I was thinking about starting the tea now, since everything I can find indicates it doesn't induce labor - just gets the uterus ready for birth. Some people even drink it through out their pregnancies. I'm still contemplating starting the EPO at 34 weeks. I may just talk to my dr. and see what his thoughts are on inducing first. Then again if my BP doesn't cooperate, we may just end up inducing in the first place.

Time is certainly flying.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
May 11th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I so hear you on the 4th of July. I do not want to go over either and end up giving birth on a Holiday weekend! I've already started the raspberry leaf tea. It's actually not that bad. I was worried I might not like the taste, but it tastes fine to me. I was thinking about starting the EPO on Monday. I may mention it to my doctor on Friday, but I have a feeling she would roll her eyes at it. Sometimes I really wish I had gone with a midwife instead of the local OB office. I don't know if I would ever take it internally though. That just kind of creeps me out. Who knows what I'll be willing to do at 38 weeks though to get things going. My massage therapist today said there are things they can do to encourage contractions. I might have to look into that once I hit term.

Hope you had a good Mother's day!

May 12th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I need to remember to bring the tea to work with me, but otherwise I started the raspberry leaf this week, too. I figured, it won't start anything unless my body is really ready, and anytime after next Wednesday the OB is fine with so I figured it couldn't hurt. I have thought about the EPO, too, and will maybe ask my OB when I see him next Wednesday. We will see....

Mothers Day was busy. We spent time with DH's family. I was actually feeling pretty icky most of the day. We did all of the weekend's chores and errands on Saturday so I was pretty wiped out by the time Sunday arrived. I just wanted to sit in a corner and sleep, but instead got plenty of the famous "how much longer" and "how are you feeling" questions. I honestly don't remember being so ready to be done with either of my first two until much closer to my due date.

My shower is this weekend. It should be interesting. I am kind of having mixed feelings about it, but am assured that it will be great. My next OB appt. is next wednesday, then one more two week appointment before things start weekly at the beginning of June. It's getting close!!

How was your Mother's Day? Did you get to do anything special?

May 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
I hope the shower went well despite some of the changes to the plans. I'm looking forward to mine, but at the same time, I HATE being the center of attention. So opening gifts in front of people is actually kind of painful for me. I know I'm weird. I just feel like I am never enthusiastic enough and have to kind of ham it up for each gift I open just to sound sincere. I'm really just a low key kind of person.

I cannot believe all the babies that are being born. I can barely keep up on the main forum. They really are coming pretty fast now. Lot of emergency C's though. I'm really hoping not to fall into that category.

Do you want us to exchange contact info. to update each other when it's our time so the other can let the forum know? I don't know if you having texting or not or if e-mail is just as easy. Just let me know. Hopefully, neither of us goes in the next few weeks, but you never know!

May 17th, 2010, 05:38 PM
The shower did go well. I had a horrible headache, but it went as expected. Ends up that my daughter was the only child there. DH's mom's side of the family was all there, but only 1 of his three sisters (who are all local) showed up, so that was a bit disappointing. One of the missing sisters gifted me a large bag of very evidently used baby clothes and an open package of diapers, so that would have to classify as my most intersting gift. We got a ton of clothes, and really litte else. So this little girl will be very well dressed, but still has very little else. DH and I are going to return a few of the outfits and use the money to get a few of the other things on the list of what is needed.

I am with you, I hate being the center of attention. So the game "guess how big Lisa's belly is" was a special treat. But really, all in all, it went well, and the people who really counted were there and I was glad to be able to spend time with them (headache and all).

I still have this crazy headache. I posted about it in the main forum. Dr. sent me to L&D today to get checked, and everything checkedout just fine - it's just a bad headache. So that's good new.

I am fine with exchanging information if you are. I have text messaging so that works, and I can also send/receive email on my phone, so which ever works best for you is great with me. I will send you a PM with my info. Hopefully neither of us will go too soon, but like you said, you never know.

May 19th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Lol, sorry I had to laugh at the "Guess how big Lisa's Belly is" game! I hope my sister doesn't pull any of that type stuff with mine! I think she has mine scheduled for next weekend. We are supposed to be going to her house for a "Memorial Picnic". It's the only weekend left that we don't have something scheduled, so I think that must be it. My DH's work actually threw him a baby shower a few weeks ago (I might have mentioned this earlier). We got the same stuff you described - a TON of clothing from 0-3 months. Most of it has tags so what we don't use, I'll probably try to exchange for some bigger things. It will be interesting to see if anyone even looks at my registry for my shower.

Sorry about the situation with the SILs. That would have really ticked me off too.

Are you getting to that "uncomfortable" stage yet? It's getting to where there is no comfortable position anymore for me. Sleeping has been rough. I can't imagine another 6 weeks of this! Not that it has been "bad", just imagining it getting "worse".

May 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
LOL, yeah I am not a huge fan of games in the first place, so that one was one that I really had to grin and bear. And some of the guesses were just so horribly off. Oh well.

Definately getting to that uncomfortable stage of things. Sleeping is in fact rough - when I can sleep that is. The other night I couldn't fall asleep until after 3am. Last night I would have thought that I was tired from the previous nights lack of sleep, but is was still close to 2:30 before I was finally out. (But I am also guessing me watching the season finale of Grey's Anatomy had something to do with that too, it was a tad intense.) And then today all of a sudden out of nowhere I have this burst of energy. Who knows where it is coming from, but I will take it and am trying to get some things done.

This whole blood pressure thing is a little sketchy. My BP has been slowly rising 5-10 points at each appointment since the February. With larger jumps in the last 2 appointments. The nurse this last time didn't even want to tell me what it was. I can see where I have some of the symptoms of Pre-E, but there are others that I don't have at all. My feet are swelling like crazy, but my hands and face are only swelling a little. I have a headache and it has been constant, but it's not horrible like they are telling me to watch for. I guess we will just see what happens in the next few weeks and go from there. I was supposed to have one more two-week appointment, but the doc wants to see me in a week so I am starting weekly appointments now.

If anything happens, I will definately text you. There is something that is causing this strange nesting urge that I have today for sure, but I can't say it's because I'm going to go into labor.

May 24th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Hope your appointment goes well this week and that the blood pressure has stayed stable.

Not much going on over here. Still uncomfortable and I think I pulled a muscle or something on my left side. It really hurts. Makes rolling over in a bed a real pain in the butt - as if it isn't already a pain! I'm getting to the point where I am ready for this to be over but at the same time, I'm not sure I am "ready" for labor yet. Everyone keeps telling me I am going to "miss this" when it is done - feeling the kicks etc... I guess I might, but it's hard to imagine at this point!

May 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
How was your appointment this week?

As you have seen, mine wasn't all that great. BP's are fairly high (at least on the bottom number) and the doc isn't liking that all that much. No protein in my urine, but I think that and the fact that I am not yet consistenly getting a BP reading of over 150/90 are the only things saving me from a diagnosis of Pre-E. I also didn't gain any weight, but the baby must have - I went from measuring 35.5 weeks to 37.5 weeks in just 7 days.

I mentioned to him that I really needed to make sure that I didn't miss DD's graduation (from 6th grade, so not a huge deal, but it's important to her) which is in 3 weeks, and he said he didn't see me making it much more than 2 weeks so it shouldn't even be an issue. He added, that he wanted at least one more week (to get me to 36), and didn't think that it would be any more than 2 (37 weeks) if things didn't make a drastic improvement. Which I don't see happening because I am feeling a little worse every day. Nothing dramatic, but just a little more yucky.

On one hand, I am totally ready for this to be over. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm grumpy at DH and the kids because I am tired and never seem to feel good - I feel horrible about that. But at the same time, it's a little bittersweet because this is going to be my last pregnancy, and I know I should be enjoying the last few weeks and cherishing every moment. Like you said, it's a little hard to do that when you don't feel well, can't sleep and are in pretty constant pain of some sort all of the time.

I am ready for this to be over, but I am not completely sure that I am ready for the labor and having to care for a new baby part of it. That is the part that always freaks me out just a little. And I am sure in the next few weeks, when the time comes and the doctor tells me that it is time to head over to the hospital, I will totally freak out.

So, anything fun and exciting planned for this holiday weekend? Nothing too exciting for us, the usual errands, cleaning, yard work and resting for me. The weather here is still pretty unpredictable, so we aren't planning on being outside too much. I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here.

May 28th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Sorry about the appointment. I'm glad it's not full blown Pre-E yet, but since it looks like it's moving in that direction, I'm sure it's not much comfort to you at this point. Hopefully, all the timing will work out well with the graduation. Doctors just don't get it sometimes!

My appointment was ok. I still haven't gained anymore weight, but I seem to be measuring fine. BP was fine. They want me to go for weekly NST's now though and I'm a little p'd off about it. I just don't want more appointments. There's no reason to think anything is wrong, so why more tests? I don't know why it is frustrating me so much, but it is. I'm also half tempted to cancel my u/s that they have scheduled in 2 weeks. I know they claim they are safe for the baby, but how many ultrasounds does one person need. I've basically had one every month and now I feel bad about doing the 3D one too. And every ultrasound has shown a PERFECTLY healthy growing baby. So why keep doing them? K, I'll stop venting now. I'm just afraid of what labor is going to be like with this doctor's office. They are supposedly very natural birth friendly, but I'm wondering if they just say that and then change the tune when you're in labor.

Hopefully, you will have some nice weather over the weekend! It is supposed to be pretty warm here - high 80's on Sunday and Monday. The last 2 days were in the 90's so we have already been in our pool twice. I have a graduation for my niece to go to tonight and then tomorrow I am going to a cook out at my sister's house - I think this might be my shower, but I'm not positive.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the next few weeks go easier for you! You're so close!

June 3rd, 2010, 09:22 AM
I posted an update about my appointment on the main board. Basically the same as last week other than my BP's were higher and I ended up in L&D for 3 hours of monitoring to only have my BP come down to 134/80. I think at my appointment the doc was thinking it would stay up because he didn't even talk about next week.

Everything else is going fairly well, though. Still working, but am really starting to wonder how much longer I will be able to manage an 8 hour day every day. I have a pretty un-eventful and stress-less job, but just getting up and getting ready to go in the morning is draining and I am completely wiped out by the end of the day.

I hear you about the NST's. I understand why the doctor would think that they are important, but I totally get how frusterating they are. With 3 visits to L&D in as many weeks, there is no way that I am going to let him send me back there for "monitoring" after my appointment next week without a more solid plan. I flat out can't afford it at $700 a pop, it's really starting to rack up, and I haven't even delivered yet. Plus it's so hard for the older kids. Last night they were a mess - didn't know if I was going to come home, stay in the hospital, who was going to take care of them. They still have three more weeks of school to get through, so I feel bad that they were up late and feeling so unsettled when I got home. Well unsettled except for the fact my 8 year old was super excited to get his hospital issue water bottle. One more visit and we will have a one for every member of the family

How did the cook-out go? Did you end up with a shower??

June 5th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Wow, that's expensive for those L&D trips! I keep waiting for some surprise bill to come in the mail for everything they've made me do. Insurance has been pretty good so far at covering most things, but I'm sure they'll get fed up with it at some point. This week alone, I have another NST, OB appointment, & Chiropractic appointment. Next week, I'll add on another ultrasound. Hope this baby decides to come soon. These appointments are driving me nuts.

Hopefully, they'll come up with a more solid plan at your next appointment. You made it to 37 weeks, so that's a good accomplishment!

The picnic did turn out to be a baby shower, but I made sure to act good and surprised. We got some really cute stuff there and then my work threw me a shower this Friday. I was actually surprised at how good everyone was at getting stuff off my registry. We still have a few things to buy, but we did get a lot of the bigger items, so that helped.

Well, gotta get lunch on for the DH before he gets grouchy. Hope you have a good weekend!!!

June 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Hey!! How are things going for you? It has been a bit of a crazy week here for me. You know about Noelle (I'll post the whole birth story in a bit), we also had out internet down for the week as we switched providers, DD's 6th grade graduation and the last day of school. This whole first week has been a bit of a blur for sure.

We are doing well. There was a bit of a concern that Noelle has lost too much weight at her 4 day check up - she was down from her birth weight of 6lb 8oz, to about 5lb 12 oz. But them my milk arrived and she managed to gain 4 oz in 4 days, so her pediatrician was happy about that. She is a pretty good sleeper, but every day is a little different at this point. Yesterday she was sleeping for about an hour and a half at a time and then waking to eat. Today she is sleeping for about 2.5 hours, waking to eat, staying awake for a bit then wanting to be nursed back to sleep. She has consistently been a great sleeper at night so I am very thankful for that.

I've had a few rough days here and there. My BP was pretty normal int he hospital, but crept back up a bit before they dischaged me, so I have also had additonal appointments to monitor that. It seems to be creeping back down again, much like it crept up.

You are getting close now, how are you feeling? It is amazing to know that just about everyone in the DDC is almost to the end, and there are so many little ones that are already here.

June 18th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well! Hopefully, that BP will stay down for you. Sounds like you have been really busy! Did everything work out ok with the graduation? My niece is still nervous that I am going to end up going into labor on her day. She has this big graduation party planned for next weekend and she really wants me there. Plus if I go into labor then my mom (her grandmom) and dad will not be there either. I'm hoping I go soon so it's not a problem.

I'm feeling pretty good. I have a lot of Braxton Hicks - basically all the time, so I don't even really pay attention to the contractions anymore. Some are worse than others, but I never have detected a pattern or anything. My doctors haven't been doing cervical checks either, so no idea if I'm dialating or not. I wonder if they will check me this week? I have an NST on Monday and appointment on Tuesday. I wouldn't complain if she decided to come this Sunday. We did decide on a name. We're naming her Akadia. It's a very different name, but DH fell in love with it and I'm ok with something "unique".

Can't wait to read your birth story!

June 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Leanne - I haven't seen you around the boards this week, so thought I would check to see how you are doing. Hope all is well, and that you are either busily enjoying your new little one or that you are home on maternity leave relaxing before the big day. Either way, I hope that all is well.

DD's graduation went well. I do think it is quite unfair to ask a mommy 5 days post partum to attend the graduation of her first "baby" while holding her new baby at the same time. I was a bit of a bawling mess. DD was so glad that we were there though so it was worth it. I did get a couple of not so nice remarks from other parents along the lines of I can't believe you would bring such a little baby to something like this.. Um, yeah, well I wasn't going to miss it, and I wasn't going to leave my newborn home with a sitter.

How did things go with your niece's graduation?

We are settling into things slowly but surely. Most days we can manage to get out of the house by noon if we need to, which is an improvement from 2pm at the beginning of last week. Noelle is starting to settle into a bit of a routine some days. And the older kids are adjusting to having a baby in the house. So all in all, things are going really, really well. Noelle was down from her birth weight 12% at her 4 day check, but by last friday at her 2 week was only down 4oz from her starting point. We are pleased, and now that the initial soreness has pretty much gone away, BFing is going well and she seems to be growing every day.
Can't wait to hear how things are going for you. Your little girl will be here any day now
June 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi Lisa! Noelle sounds like she is doing great. Glad you were able to make your DD's graduation. I just love how people have to voice their little opinions. It's none of their business what you decide to do with your baby. And like you were going to miss that event! We plan to fly out to Spokane about 7 weeks after we have Akadia so I'm sure we'll here some comments then too.

I get teary eyed at just my nieces' graduations, so I can imagine what I would be like at my own child's! My one niece's graduation party this Saturday went off really well. Everyone had a good time and she was glad that we got to make it. My sister was convinced I was going to have the baby yesterday, but no go. We were at her house until almost midnight and she kept saying, "you still have 30 minutes to have her". I think she had some money going in a "baby pool" that they started at my baby shower.

I haven't been posting too much on the forum lately because it's all about the new babies and new baby issues and I'm not there yet, so I just don't have anything to contribute. I try to congratulate the new mom's when they announce their baby's, but that's about all there is for me to post to. I've still been here though - just lurking.

No action here yet. I still have the Braxton Hicks contractions almost everyday, but I don't feel anything else. I have an NST and then an OB appointment tomorrow morning. They haven't been checking me at all, but I know they will at the 40 week appointment, so hopefully I will at least get some answers as to whether I am progressing or not. I'm getting a little nervous about the size of the baby, but I still don't want to be induced unless absolutely necessary. I hope they don't try to push that.

I hope Noelle continues to do great! So glad to hear the breastfeeding is going well. My fingers are crossed that I don't have any problems with it either. Keep in touch!

July 6th, 2010, 04:15 PM
Leanne- just wanted to pop in and wish you the best with your induction tomorrow. Your little one will be here before you know it.
I have beencrazy busy this last week so haven't been on much. I'll have to post an update when I get a bit more time but things are going well overall.

Looking forwards to reading your birth story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search