Cloth diaper'ers?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Super Mommy
How are your stashes/supplies coming?

Whew, this is more stressful than I thought! So much to buy before babe comes. I have most of my pocket diapers already and my last shipment is in the mail. I still have to order some newborn prefolds and covers and a snappi or two. I received half of my cloth wipes and need to order more. I ordered one wetbag for the diaperbag but realized I need to order one more (so I can use it while the other is in the wash). I still need to buy a diaper pail (walmart trash can!) and a couple waterproof pail liners.

I'm hoping my baby shower will cover the changing pad and cover.

I'm more anxious to have all that done and bought (and a heck of a lot of prepping!) than the rest of the baby stuff that needs bought and prepped. I didn't realize how much you needed to get started. Especially when you're planning to cloth when out and about.

How are you doing?
February 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have a good start to my newborn stash: 24 infant sized prefolds, 8 newborn fitteds, 4 newborn covers, 6 doublers, 12 pins, 1 snappi, and a custom newborn snappiable/pinnable fitted on the way soon. I've also made one pinnable pocket fitted with plans to make a few more and half a dozen cloth wipes. Lily is still in diapers so I've got 6 one size pockets from her stash that I can put on the new baby once she's bigger. I probably need to pick up a few more covers and snappis, plus I've got some flannel receiving blankets that I plan to use as flats.

I need to figure out a solution for our diaper pail though. Lily's room is upstairs and the nursery is downstairs. I may end up getting a large hanging wetbag for Lily so that I can use the pail and pail liner we already have in the nursery. I also have to find a new diaper bag that will hold enough cloth for 2 kids in addition to snacks, juice, and changes of clothes.

ETA: As far as prepping your prefolds, I'd recommend boiling them in addition to washing/drying a few times to cut down on loads of laundry. I think I boiled mine for about 30 minutes

Last edited by QueenCrafty; February 4th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
February 4th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness we haven't gotten anything. It is annoying because no one in town sells them so have to order everything online. I am brand new at this so I don't know which brands or what type to order. Ahhh! Guess should decide soon!
February 4th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My stash is complete since I'm just re-using all of Lily's stuff. I need to wash all the newborn/infant prefolds again though since they've been boxed up for a while. I might order a few more Kissaluv size 0s, which are fitteds since I really love them. Lily's in panties pretty much all the time now so I don't have to worry about having enough for 2 kids.

February 4th, 2010, 04:18 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to make one more order.. for some prefolds and 1 cover. I still am planning making a couple too so we'll see how motivated I am this weekend.

February 4th, 2010, 06:04 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
We pretty much are set from our other children. I want to buy maybe a dozen more preemie prefolds and covers though.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 5th, 2010, 08:17 AM
*Ashley*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so far behind! I still need to sell all of Addy's, very girly, diapers. So far all I have is 3 BG organic cotton NB fitteds, 1 BSWW cover, 2 OS covers, 4 OS fitteds. Even the wipes and wet bags that I have are girly. I have to get NB dipes, more fitteds, more covers, a wet bag, wipes and a diaper pail. I just sent off 2 skeins of yarn and have one more on the way to be knitted in to longies.

Thank you Katarina for my fabulous siggy!

February 5th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still working on it! We have a mix of some one-size and fitteds, and have registered for more. I have my eye on some others if we don't receive any more as gifts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search