I'm not irritated, my uterus is!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2010, 07:20 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last night, I started getting sharp cramping pains on my left side that were off and on...sometimes they would be only a minute apart, and then sometimes 5 or so...not regular at all. But even after lying on the couch on my left side, and then switching to my right when that got uncomfortable, and drinking a ton of water, they were still happening. They hurt when they happened - it was like getting stabbed with a blunt object - and after awhile, they made my belly sore. I decided to call L&D just in case.

The nurse I spoke to said that unless they got stronger, or I sprang a leak of any kind, to just take it easy. She said that I probably had an 'irritated uterus.' That sounds so funny to me I didn't do anything really strenous yesterday, but I guess somehow I must have done something? The cramps continued when I went to bed, but I was able to fall asleep.

Apparently today, my uterus is still irritated. The sharp cramps haven't come back, but walking or over extending my legs makes the underside of my belly cramp a bit...usually, those activities just increase the pelvic pain. I'm going to try not to do anything at work that could even be described as strenous. And no bringing groceries of any kind home after. Silly uterus

Anyone else experienced this?

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; February 5th, 2010 at 07:33 AM.
February 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Crazy, I think I have this too and it was getting bad enough that all day yesterday I was contemplating calling into L&D, but I didn't. I was trying to decide if it was round ligiment pain, or contractions, or just bad regular pregnancy cramps. But because I'm 'bigger' I find it hard to tell when/if I'm getting BH Contractions etc because my tummy never gets REALLY hard because I have a layer of fat there. But I am also sort of getting achyness or crampyness in my back. It also gets worse when I walk around, and although I can still feel it when I sit or lay down, it does feel better than standing or walking. I got it again pretty bad walking to work this morning, but I get some relief from sitting.

I'm going to look up irriated uterus on google. LOL Hopefully you start feeling better! It mine gets worse or lasts a long time I will call in too.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 5th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Laura, I think by irritated uterus, she just meant that I had overdone something and the cramping was in response to that. Not 100% sure, though

I am always so sore in my pelvis and back that I've gotten used to it (as much as you can get used to that kind of thing). And the pressure is ALWAYS there. I'm afraid that if I do experience preterm labor, I might miss it completely because I'm just always so sore and always feeling like Logan is about to fall out. Today, I feel even more pressure then usual....so no idea if that is related to something serious, or if Logan has just changed position, or (TMI warning) it has something to do with being kind of constipated.

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
February 5th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Oh, guess it is different from me, I dont' feel constant pressure, more like stabbing pains and crampyness with a little pressure sometimes.

Well keep a close eye on it. When is your next dr. appt? Hopefully not too far off, then you can mention it to them.

February 5th, 2010, 10:17 AM
My next appointment is next Friday... I'm going to try to be as lazy as possible this weekend, and I will for sure pay attention to whether or not anything gets worse or changes.

Sometimes it's just so hard to make that judgement call about whether or not to go to L&D, kwim? I've been there twice, and everything was fine. The second time was kind of a bad experience. I really don't want to go back if I don't have to, but at the same time, I don't want anything bad to happen. And feeling so much pain and pressure ALL the time makes it so much harder to figure out if anything seems to be happening.

Thanks for listening!

Visit
February 5th, 2010, 10:56 AM
No problem, I totally understand about making the judgment call. You don't want anything bad to happen, but at the same time, you don't want to go into L&D etc and it's nothing. I keep questioning weather it's just the aches and pains of pregnancy or something else. But at the same time if I went in every time I was a little worried I'd be there every second day.

KUP on what your dr. says on Friday and be sure to stay lazy and pay attention.

February 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Penelope!!
With DD I was actually diagnosed with an "Irritable uterus" I contracted non-stop through most of my third trimester and it was REALLY uncomfortable! My Dr. said the same thing, my uterus was just irritable.......needless to say it made the rest of me irritable too!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search