Once you are 37 weeks...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Once you are 37 weeks, will you be...
Beginning Operation Evict Baby 10 20.83%
Relaxing and going about my normal routine 17 35.42%
A little bit of both 21 43.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2010, 07:26 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it 'Operation Evict Baby,' or are you just going to relax and go about your regular routine? Or a little bit of both?

I'm voting a little bit of both. I won't worry or put any extra effort into trying to start labor, and I'm not even going to let my doctor check my cervix until 37 weeks, but I'll do little things...like making sure to be active. At the same time, I'm going to try to relax and really enjoy the last few weeks of carrying my little man.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
February 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm just going to go on with my routine as usual. I've got enough to keep me busy with chasing a toddler so I don't need this baby to come any sooner than she's ready.
February 5th, 2010, 07:37 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If my blood pressure is ok, I'm saying goodbye to bed rest! I've been on it since 23 weeks and it's getting way old. I've actually already told myself if my blood pressure is ok around 36 weeks I'm going back to my old routine and you can forget bed rest.
February 5th, 2010, 07:39 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be doing a little of both. Not to much evicting but I wont stop myself. Really I'm thinking it's not going to work so That's why I wont put to much into it. But relaxing and getting sleep will be at the top of my list.

February 5th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll just be relaxing and finishing last minute stuff. My mother won't be here until I'm almost 40 weeks, so I'd prefer Meghan is bake a bit longer.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just going to live life as normal. Baby will come when it's ready, so there's no point in messing with it.

February 5th, 2010, 07:54 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Spring Break from classes runs through April 4th so it would be nice if the baby came either during or towards the end of break so I wouldn't miss so much class. I can miss three classes and don't plan to miss any before then if I don't have to.

But really it doesn't matter terribly when she chooses to arrive I've never tried to get a baby out early, but I'm sure by then I'll be more than ready to be done.
February 5th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was overdue with DS and do NOT want to deal with that again...I don't think there's much I'll be able to do to change when he gets here, but am hoping he doesn't make me wait too long!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 5th, 2010, 08:17 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
A little bit of both. I normally deliver early so I'll be anxious for the signs of impending labor but I don't plan to really change my routine any. I do start taking EPO and RRL Tea in the third trimester.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 5th, 2010, 08:24 AM
peaches84's Avatar Super Mommy
as much as I want her here now, I also want to have my maternity leave over the summer and hope she stays in there as long as possible.

6/15/13
February 5th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Edited because I think I figured it out

Beth - Are EPO and RRL evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf? When in the third trimester do you start taking them?

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Last edited by ..Penelope..; February 5th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
February 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I am having a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks so I will not be doing anything to evict the baby
February 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I get my cerclage taken out at 37 weeks, and as long as my doctor okay's it, i am going to be way more active than I am now.. I am of course on bedrest, but im hoping with the cerclage out, that I won't be anymore.. I will walk and stand and do housework.. I can't wait lol
February 5th, 2010, 09:27 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's hard for me to say how it will be since this is my first pregnancy. I might be anxious for him to come out or i might be hoping for a little extra time to get things ready. Who knows.. But i voted for a little of both.

February 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrienne21
I have a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks so she can just chill out in there until then.

February 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
lilflower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Penelope.. View Post
Beth - What is EPO? RRL is red raspberry leaf, right? When in the third trimester do you start taking them?
EPO is early primrose oil. It helps ripen the cervix. It can be taken orally or vaginally. I start drinking the tea at 32 weeks But I won't be doing the oil since I'm already nice and ripe and dilated...lol
February 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Lily - Since I'm 32 weeks, I'm really curious....what were yoru reasons to start drinking the tea then?

Visit
February 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
esli232's Avatar Veteran
I'm sure I'll be doing a little of both. I know I did everything I could think of to evict my first son and still had to be induced at 41 weeks, so hopefully I can relax a little more about it this time. Of course I'll stay active and try to get things going, but I'm hoping to enjoy my last few weeks of our three person family

February 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so anxious that it doesnt make any sense. I know she'll come when she's ready.

I have thought about having my membranes stripped at 39 weeks.

I plan on taking EPO to ripen and soften my cervix so that when I do go into labor I wont be in labor forever.

And some people say fresh pineapples help, but idk b/c I eat pineapples ALL THE TIME. I love em, gotta have em!

As a last resort for my attempt to go natural with no meds in the even that I reach my due date, I'll the castor oil thing. Many people have used it and went into labor the next day and have had success. I havent read any horror stories on it but there are suppose to be studies of it being harmful to the baby but I've read nothing from nobody who used it, confirming so and a lot of midwives. I already know that I will be ready to throw people off balconies and curse everybody out who even says a word to me if I go past my due date. I'm so ready for April to be here!!!

If all else fails, I'll be getting induced after 40 weeks.

In the meantime I just plan on walking a lot and having lots of sex.
February 5th, 2010, 10:30 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
personally i think i'll be ready to evict him by then. he has wreaked havoc on me and my body and won't let up. i want him to finish baking, but want him out as soon as he's cooked enough. am i a horrible person?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search