First time mamas...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2010, 07:00 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Are any of you freaking out as bad as I am. Reading the January DDC has me so worried. There are just so many things to know!! Are they getting enough to eat?why are they fussy..gas?how many layers of clothes do they need when they sleep? Are they pooping too little? Too much?The list could go on and on....I was living with my brother and sil back when they had their first and everything seemed to come so easy to them...like they just knew what to do in every situation and yet I honestly never saw my sil pick up one "How to care for newborn book" or research ANYTHING on the internet. It seems like thats how i is with most new mamas though..they always say "Everything will just come to you." I feel like I just have so much information to cram into my head in the next 8 weeks or else I am not gonna know what the h*** I am doing. Then along with the decisions vax or not vax...circ or dont circ..cosleep or dont. Ahhhh soo many things lol. I guess it is FINALLY setting in that this IS happening...ready or not huh

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After reading this post now I am a little nervous ha! J/K! I am a bit of a weird bird, I freak about certain things and other things I am extremely laid back about, there is really no rhyme or reason to it. I am anxious about delivery-if I can get through that I feel like I can do anything! I'm not too worried yet about all the little stuff. I am trying to read a couple books right now and then I will probably be calling my mom and my friends who have kids all the time! Don't worry-I have a feeling a lot of this stuff will come natural to us and some of it we will just figure out by trial and error!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 5th, 2010, 07:12 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Really, it does just come to you! Mostly anyway! I remember with DD worrying about pooping and gas and all that stuff, but I really just figured it out somehow. I did have JM and I did occasionally search on Google for the answers, but I mostly just relied on my own intuition to solve the problems. When Kaija had a hard tummy and was fussy and in a horrible mood, I made him go to Walgreens at 1 a.m. for Mylicon and infant tylenol! Voila! Problem solved! No internet, no phone calls to my mom, just figured it out. I'm still doing that with her. You have to trust yourself sometimes and motherhood is one of those times

But of course we'll all be here for when you don't!
February 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I'm more anxious than nervous. I know I'm goign to be a good mother despite me not really knowing what to do. maybe when the time draws near I'll be more nervous.
February 5th, 2010, 08:47 PM
lilflower
I'm not a first time mom, but I have tiny piece of advice. The more you worry about those things, the more stressed you and BABY will be when you are trying to get into a rhythm. I promise that if there is anything wrong with the baby you WILL know! Seriously. Mommy's instinct is hardly ever wrong! And try to remember that "norms" are just that. They don't cover every baby. Some are way off the deep ends and are still fine! No worries...it comes naturally.
February 6th, 2010, 02:16 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
you will just know as their mother when something does not seem right, it will all come to you and you will know x

February 6th, 2010, 04:50 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am nervous but figure that I am going to be a mother and will just figure it out. I did read a really helpful book about breast feeding - and that helped immensely! I feel much better about that aspect of the baby. I figure decades of women have done this without the internet and books and babies survived and even thrived!

I am with lillian - the more I can stay relaxed, the more relaxed my baby will be. Hang in there!

February 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Once you're in those moments of fussiness or diaper changes, your instinct just kicks in and you figure it out without knowing how. For more difficult issues, JM was a great resource where I could post my question and get several suggestions to try. We'll all figure it out together.
February 6th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I surprisingly havne't been freaking out yet...I'm kind of hoping that everything will just come to me when it needs to. I'll have some help around for the first couple weeks so hopefully that helps too
February 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
As of right now I'm not too freaked out. I mean of course I'm a little nervous about being a good mom, but I really do think it will all come pretty natural. I have lots of family that will be able to offer excellent advice and will always be there if I need them 24/7.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 6th, 2010, 06:14 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
well this is my second baby, but its been 6 years since I've had a newborn, so I am nervous too.... Honestly, I feel like I have COMPLETELY forgotten EVERYTHING, but I was only 17 when I had DS, and suprisingly, things came very naturally.. You just know certain things... And its great to have the internet as a resource

Don't freak out too much because honestly, Every mom starts with just one
February 6th, 2010, 07:33 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
yes im freaking out to I know all this stuff will "come to me" but that helps none at the moment lol im so scared of labor and sids and all kinds of thing what if she chokes and I have no clue what to do what if she hates me for some reason all kinds of things im sure once she is here I will relax a LITTLE bit lol but for now I could keep her in me forever and be perfectly happy lol

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search