Swaddlers

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2010, 07:48 AM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone used a swaddler?? I've been tempted to buy one but I don't know how well they worked. My 1st would break out of his blanket swaddle the minute I laid him down and it would wake him up.. so I was thinking a swaddler would work better because it velcros shut.

Anyone use them before? Thoughts?

February 6th, 2010, 08:02 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL just had a baby last week and I was talking to her on the phone a couple of days ago and she was RAVING about the ones she got. She said they are so easy to use and keep the baby tucked in so tight, much better than she could do on her own with a blanket. She has the summer infant swaddle me ones by kiddopotomas (not sure of my spelling there) and said the fleece ones are the best because the sizing doesn't matter. You can velcro them anywhere so no matter how big or small baby is you can get a tight fit. They do come in S and L though. I have them on my registry and I think they are buy one get one 1/2 off right now and they also come in cotton. Here is a pic.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 6th, 2010, 08:15 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I put one on my registry, but with DS I used recieving blankets.. I swaddled him TIGHT, and he didn't start breaking out of them until he was quite a bit older.. I do however, still want to try it.. It'll be easier probably for husband to use
February 6th, 2010, 08:50 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are big swaddlers here!!!

We use the Swaddle Me blankets and the Kiddopotomas

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A friend on mine is getting me the "Miracle Blanket" and she swears by it! The website is really cool too!
Baby wraps, baby accessory, colic, infant sleep, remedies, infant health, crying baby

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
February 6th, 2010, 11:31 AM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamNick View Post
We are big swaddlers here!!!

We use the Swaddle Me blankets and the Kiddopotomas
I think those are the ones we used, too. We swaddled Jack for quite a while and would have gone longer if he wasn't busting out of it. Then we switched to the kiddopotomas sleep sacks, which are great when you still aren't comfortable using blankets with them.

Def good to have multiple swaddlers - I remember some nights he would pee through his diaper and the swaddler would be damp, so it is nice to have immediate back up. Anything that makes being awake in the middle of the night easier is KEY as far as I'm concerned!
February 6th, 2010, 11:33 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Loved the Swaddleme blanket!! We also used the sleep sacs when she was a bit older that didn't swaddle.
February 6th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We used regular receiving blankets to swaddle and the SwaddleMe swaddlers sometimes as well. And then we transitioned to sleepsacks when she got a little older. Lily stopped wanting to be swaddled at around 2 months, but a lot of babies love it until much later.

February 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I've always used regular blankets to swaddle, but decided to try the Swaddle Me blankets this time.
February 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never tried them but I plan to with this baby.

February 6th, 2010, 04:27 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I almost forgot to mention these...my mom showed me this website and I want to get one of these...I think they look really cool!
The Woombie Home Page

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 6th, 2010, 05:05 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow thanks!! Now I know that I want them. I was afraid I would buy them and not use them. Off to BRU!

February 6th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My SIL swears by her woombie (ChristySTL just posted a link). I have plenty of 'back up' wraps from my previous babies but am going to order a newborn woombie to give it at try!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search