So it's time to paint the nursery....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
And I don't think I can do it Dh doesn't have time to do it and my muscles are so, so tight and tense from my rib cage down to my knees that I honestly don't think I can do it.

I hate to pay someone b/c that's money I could be spending on baby stuff but if I try to do it myself I know it will take me forever.

Would you give up and just pay to have it done? I already have my furniture and bedding so once it's painted I can move everything in and get his clothes and things put away.

February 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
It's up to you!!! ...I painted Matthews room 2 weekends ago and it took FOUR coats ( of course I pick a color that would kill me) and it was soooooooooo hard on me!!! If I could have done it in 2 coats, it would have been MUCH easier - I should have used primer - that was my own stupid fault.

I would probably pay someone if I knew I couldnt, I tend to "want things done" and I hate waiting, LOL!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
It's currently pale pink and we're painting it an off white/light tan. But the walls need painting and the trim also needs to be touched up-it's white.

It just seems like so much work. IDK. I think I could do it in 2 coats if I use a paint with a primer mixed in but I'm not certain.

February 6th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would probably pay someone to do it if you feel like it would be hard for you. You can probably find someone for a really reasonable amount for just one room.

February 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Hmm... I'm not sure. I'm terribly "thrifty" (ie cheap) when it comes to things I know I can do myself I hate to pay someone to do them (for instance getting 1/2 the huge sectional sofa up out of the basement a few weeks back.. um... yeah). However if I was really to tired to do it and I wanted it done NOW (as I always do) I'd call and get some quotes at least and then decide. Maybe you could talk some friends into doing it with you if you bribed them with dinner, or cookies or something?
February 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Bribing friends is a great idea! I hope you can find someone that is willing to do it
February 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I'd probably bribe my husband with a sexual favor and then hope he'd make the time. Just kidding.
Really, I have same delimma. I want to re-paint our girls' room since eventually all four girls will be in there or at least change out the boarder but hubby is dragging his feat about it. He doesn't like to paint. I could do it but just I don't know...don't feel like it either. We'll see...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 7th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amf4976 View Post
Honestly, I'd probably bribe my husband with a sexual favor and then hope he'd make the time. Just kidding.
Really, I have same delimma. I want to re-paint our girls' room since eventually all four girls will be in there or at least change out the boarder but hubby is dragging his feat about it. He doesn't like to paint. I could do it but just I don't know...don't feel like it either. We'll see...
LOL!

February 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely see if some friends could help. It's not too difficult to paint one room.. just offer to buy them pizza and beer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search