I almost got stuck in my bathtub:(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My legs are a horrid mess lately. My thigh muscles are really tense and tight and I stay so sore and unable to move around easily.

Last night I got this brilliant idea to take a bath. I have a huge whirlpool tub that has 2 steps going up to it. It's pretty deep. I did great until it was time to get out. My legs just wouldn't push me up out of the tub. I finally managed to get out but I've decided no more baths for me. Now my legs are sore. I feel like I pulled or over used one of my muscles.

This is my third pregnancy and I've never had this problem before. What do you think it is? I'm considering a prenatal massage now. I'll do anything to get my legs working better.

February 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Oh sweetie I'm so sorry but I had to laugh, with my last pregnancy we had a much nicer tub (deep and jetted) and the same thing happened to me in my last few weeks.. I had to actually call DH to help pull me out!!! This time our lame tub isn't even deep enough to cover 1/2 my bottom so I haven't even bothered.

Also so sorry about your legs, mine are a mess this pregnancy (were last time too). I'm also thinking of looking into a massage or chiropractor or something, I have major issues with sciatic nerve pain in my right leg as well. I've been slathering mine with muscle ointment and using heating pads... barely helps to tell the truth.
February 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
LOL, i don't mean to laugh but that cracked me up. poor thing though, that's no fun being sore like that. you could also consider prenatal yoga, it helps stretch out sore muscles. i got a prenatal massage a few weeks ago and it was WONDERFUL. and the place i went wasn't even expensive at all.

hope they feel better! ps. i'm jealous of your gigantic bathtub!!

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
February 6th, 2010, 07:39 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I say GO FOR THE MASSAGE! You deserve it!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 6th, 2010, 07:44 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'd recommend the massage too! I had one last week and it was so relaxing. I am also jealous of your big tub. Mine is short and shallow and I can't even fit in it when I'm not preggo.
February 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
U totally reminded me to make my appt for a prenatal massage.

Sorry you're having such a hard time and is aching. Hopefully the massage does the trick

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search