Sorry I have been MIA.....now on bedrest!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 06:31 AM
LIZZYI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Where to begin.....Well, on Wed I had my regular appt with the doc, a sono and NST. Since I am having twins this will be a weekly thing for me. At my appt on Wed. my blood pressure was high which has been normal for me the last couple of appts. They always retake it after I lay on my left side and it goes down. Since this has been happening, they had me due a 24 hour urine collection last week to test for protein in my urine which could mean I have pre-eclampsia. Well guess what, the results were back on Wed and my level was high add high blood pressure and that equals pre-eclampsia! My doctor took one look at me and said no more work and I am admitting you to the hospital for a couple of days to rerun the tests. I was just discharged on Fri with a diagnosis of mild pre-eclampsia.

What really upsets me the most about this whole thing is that my job only gives me 12 weeks leave and now I have to use a lot of that time before the babies even get here.

So now I have gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia....what's next?!

Thanks or letting me vent!

February 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Awww, hun, I am soooooo sorry! I'm glad that they were at least able to diagnose you and are now going to do what's best for you and your babies. I'm sorry about work, though. With two babies on the way, I'm sure you've been stressed about finances. I just want to give you more ((HUGS))!! You're a strong woman!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 7th, 2010, 07:06 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm so sorry! I'm glad that your doctor wants to keep you and the babies as healthy as possible to give them some more time, but that really does suck about your 12 weeks. Do you think your work would be willing to work something out with vacation or sick time so you don't have to use all of your 12 week FMLA leave yet?
February 7th, 2010, 07:26 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks! Do you have to go back to work after you have the babies. Can you talk to HR and try to work something out?

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 7th, 2010, 07:40 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you are going through this. I completely understand you feeling overwhelmed, aggravated, and stressed out. Bed rest must be difficult, but atleast you know you are doing it for a great cause-to keep your little ones safe and sound for as long as possible. Has your doctor mentioned to you when he thinks you will deliver, or if you will be induced? With you already being 32 weeks you may only have to do bed rest for 4 weeks-still I can imagine that will feel like forever for you. Is there any way you can take off more work, or atleast work part time for a little when you do have to go back? I'm just wondering if having pre-eclampsia and GD could possiblt qualify you for some type of disability where you may be able to get more time off? Once again, so sorry you are dealing with this, your babies will be here soon!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 7th, 2010, 08:02 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
so sorry you are on bed rest it is for a good cause though!

Is there a chance that you can talk to your boss and work remotely for the next few weeks? that way you don't have to take time off before the babies get here...
February 7th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! ((HUGS)) At least they caught it early though.

Can you try and take unpaid FMLA leave?

February 7th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree, can you talk to HR about it. What about Long Term Disability?
February 7th, 2010, 09:07 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, that really sucks that your messing with time from maternity leave. OMG, 4 weeks seems really close if indeed they plan to induce you around 37 weeks. I cant believe it! I hope your able to work something out with your boss.
February 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Talk to your HR> I was put on bed rest last time at 33 weeks and they put me on disability. I had full pay until the day I delivered.. and then my 12 weeks started. I was really worried about that too.. but definitely try to talk to them. They can usually work something out since it's on doctor's orders.

Bed rest stinks.. but hopefully it will help keep the babies in!!

February 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
I am soo sorry! I agree with the other ladies, talk to your HR dept and see if you can extend past the 12 weeks of fmla. Not sure what type of work you do, I knwo with teaching you can take up to 1 yr sabitcal (unpaid) for the birth of a baby.

February 7th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry! I would try to get put on disability (most likely short term) with your work until you deliver and then use your FMLA if possible.

February 7th, 2010, 02:20 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry, Lizzy

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
February 7th, 2010, 04:26 PM
lilflower
I'm so sorry! I hope nothing too bad comes of this. I've been on bed rest FOREVER now! Ugh. It's terrible. Is there anyway you can take short term disability?? And then your maternity leave? ((hugs))
February 7th, 2010, 05:07 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Awww I am so sorry you are going through this... But you would rather lose the time and make sure everything is ok... Are they going to have you deliver early? or they are aiming for 40 weeks?

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 7th, 2010, 07:45 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I'm sorry to hear this! I really hope things turn out okay! I would look into temporary disability through your work.. I've been on bedrest since 13 weeks, and am on temp. disability through my employer..

good luck, KUP!
February 8th, 2010, 02:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
. I hope the bedrest keeps the pre-e at bay and the babies baking. Not fair though with having just found out about the GD and now having to use up a lot of your leave before the babies arrive. I hope you can work something out (ie. disability) as one of the pp suggested.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
February 8th, 2010, 03:47 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
so sorry to hear that can you take it as sick leave instead?

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really stinks, but I guess it's good that they have found it in time to prevent further issues. I had high BP at my last appt also, but it was the first time and they found no protein in my urine, so for now, I'm in limbo but could possibly end up in the same situation soon. I have GD also, so I understand where you're coming from. I hope you feel better and that your babies are doing great. Rest as much as possible and take this time to prepare mentally for your little ones arriving, they will be here before you know it!

February 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I thought I'd replied to this and I guess I haven't yet... I'm sorry to hear you've been having so many complications! That really stinks! I'd definitely call HR and see if you can work something out so you can be home longer with your babies. You'll definitely want all the time you can get especially with two!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search