Has anyone seen my

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Motivation? I'm not sure where it went but my house looks awful and while I hate that I also have no motivation at all to do anything about it. I'm perfectly content to sit in my recliner and read or watch tv instead.

Dh hasn't said anything but I know he's getting aggravated. He's a busy body and always has to be doing something so I know he's not impressed with my laziness lately.

February 7th, 2010, 10:47 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I think I saw it hop on a plane to Hawaii with mine.

I hear you 100%, to make things worse for my messy house my DH is out of town until late Thursday night so DD and I will likely be living like piggies until at least Thursday morning. I homeschool her so I can't even be as lazy as I want to be, which is saying alot since it's not that hard to sit at the table with her and do reviews and read on the sofa etc... even that sounds like a terrible amount of effort.

Putting a load of laundry in or loading the dishwasher is enough to make me want a break LOL
February 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, mine has gone MIA as well. Yesterday dh "nested" while I layed on the bed wishing he'd just cuddle with me and watch tv all day. I have ZERO motivation. Just washing laundry makes me cringe. And takes all day to do one load.. I haven't deep cleaned the house in at least two or three weeks. It's lucky to be picked up every now and again.

I want to nest so bad!!
February 7th, 2010, 11:38 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Haha, I was feeling like that for awhile.
Im actually doing the opposite right now. I stayed up unitl 3:30am cleaning my whole apartment detail by detail. I was only working on like 30 minutes of sleep from the previous night too. I feel sooooo tired right now but Im afraid to take a nap because I want to make sure my place stays clean, since BF thinks that Im the freakin maid around here. Grrrrrrrr, he makes me so upset!! We're supposed to go grocery shopping and I told him I left the bathroom and fridge for him and he told me he'd do the laundry if I cleaned the fridge out. Okay, good deal since all it really is is reorganizing and getting rid of the almost empty containers. He hasnt done anything, albeit he just got home from work but instead of sleeping he's playing that stupid video game.
Now my kids are taking toys out and putting them everywhere and its driving me insane!!!
Im afraid that when the baby gets here my place is gonna go downhill because I'll be too busy or tired.
February 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have my moments. most days I feel up to cleaning and straightening up. Not like how I would like but I still clean and cook and wash clothes. I CANNOT stand my house looking a mess.
February 7th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine was MIA, but came back this weekend. I cleaned the whole house, did tons of laundry, made a bunch of food, made Lily some hair clips and made 2 blankets (one for Lily and one for the new baby). I'm tired out today though.

February 7th, 2010, 12:57 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go back and forth but tend to be most productive at night. I am a night owl by nature! I have lazy days where I do nothing and then I have days where I wake up and it is like I don't have enough time to do everything. Yesterday I did a lot of cleaning and laundry and some organizing, today I need to do lesson plans for work but we are going over to a friends house in about an hour and I still need to dry my hair and get ready to go. Looks like my plans will be waiting until we get back tonight or tomorrow after school!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 7th, 2010, 01:19 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I get it in bursts. Yesterday we didn't do much of anything. Today Kaija woke up at 6 for some odd reason so we started early. DH decided that we'd clean the house today... meaning I'd clean the house today. I freaking hate that!! It really irritates me... So I unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, ran some errands, and set the crib up for Kolbie and folded all the blankets we have and put them in it. I also cleaned up the closet some. By then DH was laying in bed watching tv and Kaija was aggravating me in addition to my hips hurting so bad I could cry. So I quit. Now I'm sitting here. I'll get another rush tomorrow I'm sure! I'll probably use it to actually clean up Kolbie's room and start getting it ready to paint!
February 7th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mines been gone for a while too. I need to clean my house too and I have a pile of laundry that needs to be folded and put away. I feel like I have so much to do but I just can't bring myself to do it. bah! I think my DH is getting annoyed too, I haven't even cooked dinner or anything for like 4 days.
February 7th, 2010, 01:59 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I hear ya completely... I am completely LAZY.. and a total neat freak so Hubby has been doing everything I actually got up off the couch today to clean the counters i started the first island in the kitchen then went and sat back down... my feet are swollen on top of it.. so he finished it... He actually said hun just hire a cleaning lady I was like no I will be back to new shortly LOL

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 7th, 2010, 02:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My motivation disappeared as soon as Lily's new room was done a few weeks ago. I am beyond exhausted. It's all I can do to keep up with the diaper laundry, so I've been wearing the same jeans for the last week. Of course DH does nothing but make more mess when he's home on the weekend. It's so frustrating.
February 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
well I found someones I have a bunch of motivation but not much engergy so anyone who wants to donate energy I will gladly take it lol we have been paintin Alexa's room so it is needed lol

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

February 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is gone too!! It's sooo frustrating!! With DD I got an insane burst of the nesting bug and my house was spotless!! Now not only do I have ZERO motivation......I have a 4 year old tornado who keeps undoing everything as soon as I do it!!! I'm not sure if she is just acting out or what but I am loosing my mind! I finally get a burst at night when my mind starts going through everything I need to do but then my body is too tired to follow suit! I need to get on the ball, I'm totally ashamed of my house!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 8th, 2010, 07:51 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
Mine left a few weeks ago, although it does pop in every once in a while. today DH came home and said the house is a disaster as he is taking his work clothes off in the living room and leaves them on the floor and before he left a little while ago I was complaining that I was tired he told me to get some sleep but please just take like 20 min and clean up the house....hmmm well if someone would pick up their stuff then I wouldn't have so much to clean I hope my motivation comes back soon because this house needs a deep cleaning bad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search