yet another snow day....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 05:41 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sick of winter! I love my kids, but I needed them to go to school today!!! Ugh!

Is anyone else buried in snow?

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 8th, 2010, 05:48 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
i'm in the same boat you are. what happened when they were predicting the weather last night? as far as i know channel 3 wasn't even predicting school closings last night. woke up this morning, saw footage of the 240 loop and about fainted. Fayette county was closed 3 days last week and will already be closed Friday for parent/teacher conferences and Monday for the holiday. (and i guarantee they will be closed tomorrow too)
February 8th, 2010, 06:05 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know - I went to bed thinking it would be just a bit of snow in the afternoon. It barely crossed my mind that daycare would be closed. We've had at least 2-3 inches of snow in East Memphis.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Kids here missed all last week for just 8in. So Im guessing they will definitely be out quite a bit for 2ft. But we FINALLLLLY got power back after 2 days!!!!Yayy!

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a teacher in St. Louis and got the call at 6am that school was called. I was so confused I thought I was dreaming b.c I didnt even know it was a possibility. There cant be more than a couple inches on the ground here but I think it is supossed to come down all day which may be why they called school. Since I am kidless until April haha snow days for me are kinda nice, a paid day off, so I can't complain!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 8th, 2010, 06:52 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Snow is pretty and all, but gets pretty old when you can't leave the house. Our county closed school for 2 days (Monday and Tuesday) last week after it snowed 3 inches on Friday night. We are so unused to snow that it takes about a week to get a teeny amount under control.
February 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had a huge storm Friday and are supposed to be getting another 12 inches ...tomorrow or Wednesday??

February 8th, 2010, 09:00 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want snow here. We are known for getting lots of snow. It has to snow more then 14 inches to close down schools or for us not to function. Over the weekend we got rain.

February 8th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm snowed in. the roads look horrible out there. no matter how much sand or salt or shoveling they do, the roads just look horrible.
February 8th, 2010, 09:15 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Theres barely any snow on the ground out here. Im just ready for spring so my kids can get out and play. They havent played outside since October. Plus, Im so over winter after the holidays, even though it really has just begun at that point.
February 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Snow day here again. There is another storm on the way but only 4 to 8 inches. I do think if you pile that snow ontop of the 2ft we just got that hasn't entirely been plowed and poser is still out for many that scholl we be closed again on Wed...YUCK!

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 8th, 2010, 05:49 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have yet to have a snow day this year - so annoying! My students were already talking today about how we might get one on Wednesday. They are so funny. They act all offended when I say that I want one, too. Hey, who doesn't like a surprise day off?
February 9th, 2010, 05:19 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't get much snow here but our weather is crappy this week. Our highs are in the 40's lows in the 20's with a mixture or rain, sleet and snow all week. I'm in E. TX and that's just unusual for us.

February 9th, 2010, 06:11 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
We got an extra 12in on the way on top of our 2ft coming today/tomorrow...fantastic

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search