Speaking of people being MIA....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone heard from lovetheshoes? I can't think of her real name right now but I haven't seen her on here in quite some time.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 8th, 2010, 07:57 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
You're right. Where is Kristin? Anyone heard from her? I can't remember, was she going on vacation?
February 8th, 2010, 08:18 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar Mommy to Riley & Caroline
I was just thinking about her yesterday. I hope everything is okay!

Mommy to Riley (3/23/10) & Caroline (3/11/12); wife to David (12/16/06).
February 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Kristin, thats it! I dont know, I just remember we both had a shower on the 31st and I wanted to see how hers went but she hasnt been on since that I know of. I hope she is just busy and everything is good!

February 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Hey mamas I'm here--just so incredibly busy at work (thumbs down)

I'm good and baby girl is doing good too. Sorry I haven't posted much. I have to admit that that kick count post that the other forum posted about two weeks ago really upset me and I needed to find reassurance through my doctor that she's doing okay. I understood the importance of kick-counts but I felt that for those of us who do not feel them, we are "bad mothers" in some way. How the post was so "demanding" and then terrifying, sharing personal stories of our little ones not making it (which saddened me so much).

I feel that although it (the post) was informative, the people that came into our forum and posted should perhaps have also informed us of kick-counts w/anterior placentas or with women who carry in their back, possibly b/c of their height. Not everyone has the perfect placenta, and for those of us who do have it in the front, not only does it worry us (or at least me) that I wasn't feeling anything, but also makes me feel so leftout reading everyone's stories about how wonderful the kicks feel or how special it was for hubby to feel his little one kick his hand.

I had to go to the doctor and for 2 hours of tests including a NST test just to comfort my mind that my little girl wasn't dying inside of me b/c I don't feel kicks like everyone else posts. Actually, I feel her "roll" inside of me maybe twice a day--that's it. Hubby could literally shake my stomach and she won't move. Now here I am, 25 y/o first time mom, husband that is clueless, friends that are cluesless (b/c none are moms, not that they are ditzy, lol), mother that's from the 60's and exclaims they "never did all these tests before", I feel young and naive on this whole pregnancy thing, crying myself to sleep b/c I'm thinking something is wrong and I have no idea how to stop it and why can't I feel her move? What am I doing wrong? What am I eating wrong?

It was quite terrifying and really angered me and I just didn't want to express my emotions via the computer b/c I love how drama free our DDC is and I didn't want to be the cause of that drama or anything like that.

My OB explained that my placenta is thick and in the front of me and this is causing me not to feel her move. That after 30 mins on the NST, her heart-rate is wonderful and she is kicking away, I just can't feel her. She said as long as I feel her "roll" (b/c this is seriously what she feels like), then she's okay. She told me I am going to miss out on a lot of things, but only 8 more weeks and I can actually hold her, so just to be patience.

Anyways, I feel much better and will make sure I think twice before opening a post from a different forum!!

Thanks for thinking of me though

February 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Kristin. I am glad you are ok. We have been missing you.

February 8th, 2010, 11:27 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm glad you're okay too! I was worried when we hadn't seen you post in a while. I hope that when work settles down you'll be back on here more!
February 8th, 2010, 11:41 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad to see you are back. Sorry you went thru that Its really weird that you said something about that post awhile back about kick counts...I was actually thinking about that this morning (After reading Laura's-Canadianlou-post about kick counts)and how Im sure it freaked aot of people out ( I know it had me worried for a couple days). Glad you have reassurance now!

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
:::hugs::: thank you for posting and letting us know how you've been feeling and doing, please please please always feel free to post here and don't worry about drama or anything else. It's hard being a younger first time mom, and it's just as hard being an almost 10yrs older 2nd time mom LOL I still get worried about things every single day.. and just wait till she's born.
February 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I felt the same way after reading that post! It got me so overly worried that I dont think it was good for me. I had so many of those feelings you described. I know that person had good intentions but looking back it was a bit of a demanding post and I think it really scared a lot of us first timers, especially those of us with anterior placentas that don't feel as much movement.

I hope to see you around the boards if your work allows you to take a breath! We missed you! Oh....and of course I am very happy to hear your little one is healthy and happy

February 8th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you are back - but sorry you are so busy and had to go through all the testing. I will admit, after that post - the first thing I asked my doc was about kick counts. She was so informative and said she doesn't normally do them till 28 weeks but not to stress about it.

Ihope you got reassurance from your doc. Try to enjoy your pregnancy! I am a first time mom and get really freaked really easily too! You won't be causing drama to post your feelings. So glad to see you around again.

February 8th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Loving My Piglets
I am a 3rd time mum and the post even freaked me out! i was worried for a few days after too wondering if he was moving enough and checking to see if he had a pattern!

R (9) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (7) 07.06.07
L (6) 05.06.08
L (5) 26.04.10
C (2) 15.02.13

Expecting baby boy (L) 9.09.15

February 8th, 2010, 03:26 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove1109 View Post
Glad to see you are back. Sorry you went thru that Its really weird that you said something about that post awhile back about kick counts...I was actually thinking about that this morning (After reading Laura's-Canadianlou-post about kick counts)and how Im sure it freaked aot of people out ( I know it had me worried for a couple days). Glad you have reassurance now!

Yes I'm a 2nd time Mom and as you can see from my posts I was freaking out too. I also have an anterior placenta this time. I didn't have it with my first, but that didn't stop me from freaking out because it doesn't help that I can't feel the kicks as much with this one. So I can totally relate to those of you who are feeling less movement because of an anterior placenta.

I'm a worry wart, and although I know those posts are not posted with intentions of scaring me, sometimes they do, and my mind gets running and I start internally freaking out. I still worry daily about movement because it's not like the other discribe, but I have also heard a few of you say that you don't feel as much either and that has helped.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have an anterior placenta as well, and man it makes it SO hard to feel things. I feel as if I'm missing out this time too ( feel the baby move , especally rolling and the big movements, has always been a favorite part of pregnancy to me). I actually took a look at that post, but I knew that I had already talked to the DR about it and said not feeling much of anything is normal of anterior placenta. I think i would get freaked a lot more right now if i didn't know that. I do still have times that I just get worried and scared.
I am glad you and your little girl are doing well. I hope you feel comfy with all of us here and want to keep posting. I think having this forum is a comfort for most things.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search