Baby bath wash

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The topic about washcloths got me thinking about bath wash. One person told me that she read negative things about Johnson's and will never use it. I'm not sure specifically what she read but it got me wondering if i should worry about it. Johnson's seems to be the most popular brand out there. What kind of bath wash have you used in the past and what do you plan on using with this baby?

February 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a big fan of mild and natural, I try to use anything organic when I can... We used Arbonne products on Aiden when he was a newborn and I absolutely loved them. They are definitely pricier than Johnson's, but to me it was worth it. I had a little bottle of travel Johnson's we took on a trip once and it made him break out.

I've also used some Burt's Bees stuff.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 09:09 AM
croutonluver2's Avatar Veteran
I've used Johnson's on my kids and I've never had any problems

February 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
A blog about J&J and pthalates.

That's basically the argument against using anything other than natural products not just for baby but also for yourself. It makes sense to me, though we did use J&J products. Unfortunately we just really don't have the means to buy all-natural all the time...
February 8th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm using J&J. Somebody always have something to say about a product unless its all natural or all organic.
February 8th, 2010, 09:54 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tend to use a lot of organic products on myself so it only seemed natural to by organic for baby. I have done a lot of reading on the things that are in a lot of the products we put in or on our bodies (makeup, body lotions and washes)and it is an eye opener!

I use Shaklee cleaning products and they also make a baby line. I ordered their baby wash, it is kinda pricey, $20 a bottle, but their stuff lasts FOREVER! I have also used Arbonne and loved it, just didnt keep up with it.

I think there are lasting and long benefits to using organic or natural products, BUT, I also think it is one of those things that you have to decide on your own if it is important to you.

I have already gotten 2 Johnson and Johnson gift sets as well as 2 of the purple bottles from friends and another set from another girlfriend. I am not sure if I will just use them along with the other stuff I have or if I might try to exchange a couple. I heard they last forever!

I do know of 2 people personally that have said Johnson and Johnson has broken out their babies, but I think overall it is probably fine for most babies that dont have extremely sensitive skin. I've heard Aveeno is a good alternative as well.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 8th, 2010, 10:05 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used Johnson's on all my kids. I had to use it last year on myself due to my crazy skin allergies. I also like the Huggies brand stuff.

February 8th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Blondie3412's Avatar My baby monkey.....
I use either J&J or Huggies brand.. never had a problem with either...

February 8th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We use Mustela or California Baby usually.

February 8th, 2010, 10:29 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I've used J&J products and it never bothered my kids skin.
February 8th, 2010, 10:31 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We use Davies Baby Wash

Davies Baby All-Over Wash - Butterflies and Bugs

We tried Arbone which was nice and J&J which I dislike.

Davies was the best by far and worth the cost IMO. I actually give it as a baby gift quite often.

Plus, it last forever! I think one bottle lasted her whole first year.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
With DD I used some J&J, Burt's Bees, and various other types... didn't really have a specific brand or favorite but as she got a bit older I did like the smell of the burt's bees stuff (milk bath I used to use for myself and the lotion too).

For Lily so far I've only purchased some Avalon Organic to try out as it had good reviews, I"ll likely try a few different things before I decide and will see how her skin reacts.
February 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I always used J&J.. My son has eczema, so whatever we do use on him has to be gentle and low-fragrance especially in the winter.. J&J isn't his dermatologists favorite, she is a fan of using plain dove soap on him, but it just doesn't work well on a baby/young child due to the eye irratant.. J&J I think works perfectly fine, and no matter what we use on our son, he's going to have the eczema regardless..I don't use all natural/organic products.. Its just too costly for our budget.
February 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We use J&J.....no problems and I just LOVE how she smells like a "baby" after we use the pink lotion! We use the body wash, shampoo and lotions.

February 8th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You will have to find what works for your baby. Some babies have really sensitive skin and they won't be able to use J&J or Huggies.

With my kids we used Baby Magic and Huggies products.

February 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My mom used J&J products on me, so I figure I wouldn't be opposed to using J&J on my baby But if that doesn't work out, I think I'll try Aveeno.

February 8th, 2010, 01:20 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
We use Burts, I love it! And we have also used Aveeno since our kids have eczema.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 8th, 2010, 01:35 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I used a lot of Aveeno and actually used Head and Shoulders on Lily for a while (recommended by her doctor). She has uber sensitive skin. The Aveeno works well when she has eczema flare ups. The Head and Shoulders we used when she had a dermatitis rash all over (kind of like cradle cap or dandruff but all over her body). Now we have been able to use some of the J&J, but I don't like using it every day on her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search