Been sleeping on the couch. :(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 10:36 AM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So for the last week I have been sleeping on the couch. It is the only place I can get comfortable. We have a memory foam mattress on our bed which normally is really great but lately it has been sucking me in and I can't roll over. Plus, I have to get up 1000 times to pee and it was waking up DH.

I am bummed. I miss my husband and I really don't want to sleep on the couch for the next 7 weeks.

OK, vent over.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, that is a bummer! Maybe it is a phase and will pass? I hear ya about the peeing though! I will go, get up to wash my hands, and then I have to go again!! It makes me so mad!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 8th, 2010, 11:15 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I soo feel your pain!!

When I was pregnant with Kinley, our 2 poodles slept with us...in a queen sized bed on a horrible mattress. So we bought a new memory foam-didn't help.....but I would put the old memory foam on the floor and me and DH would take turns sleeping on the floor so we could sprawl out and get comfy!

Now, DD has been sleeping with us since 6 months (this baby will NOT sleep with us) and we are trying to get her out of our bed. We have a memory foam folded over on the floor next to our bed that she sleeps on....either me or DH will start out on the floor and get her to sleep then get in our bed. Its sooo nice to sprawl out on the bed before Kinley wakes up and gets back in with us! We do have a full sized sleeper sofa in the office that DH and Kinley will probably be sleeping on in the next few weeks! The only reason I would have DH sleep there is because in our room-our bathroom is literally 3 steps from the bed! lol

You gotta do what you gotta do to get comfy and be able to sleep! Its just a sacrifice for a few weeks-but as long as you are getting some sleep it is worth it!
I totally have to pee again after I wash my hands..or if I pee, brush my teeth, I have to go again!

February 8th, 2010, 11:33 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been sleeping on the couch for the past couple of weeks too. It helps my back so much. Poor hubby has been camping out with me on the couch but he is so miserable! He keeps begging for us to move back to our bedroom. I don't know how to keep us both comfy, I just know we don't want to sleep apart! Maybe we'll have to take turns!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 8th, 2010, 11:48 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Yeah, I hope it's just a phase! It was a phase for me: I suddenly couldn't get comfortable in our bed anymore, so I had started sleeping on the couch. Then, one night the bed seemed comfortable again and I've been in it just about every night since. Have you tried doing some light aerobics before bed? I've just recently found this to be a tremendous help in easing my aches and pains and helping me fall asleep faster.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 8th, 2010, 02:02 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear that I am not the only one.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 02:05 PM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. I hope it passes soon and you have DH can get back to sleeping in the same place.

February 8th, 2010, 02:09 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That sucks! I've threatened to send DH to the couch so I can sprawl out on the bed, but I hate sleeping apart from him. Our couch is too short for me to stretch out so for now I just have to deal with being completely miserable at night.
February 8th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was sleeping on our air bed in the living room until DH rearranged our room to fit both beds. Now we have our queen bed against the queen air bed, not much room but at least we're closer. I spent the weekend at a hotel with a comfortable bed but came home hurting so bad I could barely walk. So air bed I stay until this baby is born.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search