Drop side cribs - safe?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 12:27 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
Our crib is from my 1st baby in 2003. It's been thru 2 kids and done fine and we plan to use it again, but lots of the dropside cribs have been recalled. My Dad even said he heard they are recommending you don't use ANY drop side cribs.

I have checked and our model is not on any recall lists that I've seen.

What would you do? Get a new one? Use the old one?

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
February 8th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
as of january 1st 2010 they are no longer manufacturing drop sides in the US. I think if I had one I might still use it as long as it hasn't been recalled. I know DH was like a nazi about NO drop sides. Usually he's impartial but he was very adament that we were not using one even if it hadn't been recalled. I would just really research it and make sure it's not on a recall list anywhere. We had to buy a crib, so I don't know what I would do if I already had a dropside

February 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
My dad made our crib, and its is drop-side! He got worried and checked into the parts he has purchased but everything was A-ok! ...We have used teh crib for my first 2 babies so Im not worried.

I did hear they arent going to make then anymore from now on - but if your's wasnt recalled, I'm sure its safe!!!!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 8th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a drop-side crib from miki and are using it this go round too!
February 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As long as it hasn't been recalled I would use it. I was going to use mine. It's a drop side that I got in 2000 for my first baby but the head rail fell off of it today so I'm thinking I need a new one instead.

February 8th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a dropside crib that was made in 2000 that I got from my aunt and uncle. ONly used about 6 times total fro their grandbabies. I searched and searched and can't find that it was recalled. I am going to use it.

February 8th, 2010, 02:27 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
i'm writing this without reading through the comments because im in a hurry, but my friend has a dropside crib, and hers was okay because it was made out of metal pieces, not plastic.. I guess all the dropsides are plastic piece ones.. And you can also get a kit to fix it, if it IS recalled.. I'd find the product, model #, etc, and google it, or call the company to make sure.
February 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I have a drop-side crib and we'll be using it again. It's just over 2 years old and we've never had a problem with it, nor has it ever been recalled. I did register it when we bought it though, so hopefully the company will notify me if there's a problem!
February 8th, 2010, 06:40 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's probably okay if it hasn't been recalled. I decided not to get a drop side because i've heard so many things about them lately but that doesn't mean they're ALL bad.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search