Rash under breasts?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 12:31 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a red, somewhat painful rash under my breasts. Once I switched bras, it got better but now it's getting worse again. I even try NOT to wear a bra when I can, but I'm not sure that helps.

Has anyone had this? What have you done to help it? It's on both sides, one a little worse than the other. I've gotten this before and it usually goes away quicker, but I'm guessing b/c I'm pregnant, it's being more stubborn.

I'm also aware of inflammatory breast cancer looking like a rash, but since I've had this rash before (and this episode was made worse b/c I was itching it!) I'm not worried about that quite yet.

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
February 8th, 2010, 12:45 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am not sure as I've never had this, but when worked at a nursing home some of the elderly ladies would get rashes or become red under their breasts due to the CNA's not throughly drying after a bath or even if the lady got too warm over the day and would sweat. I would then apply an ointment which soothes and also is a barrier for moisture so the skin can heal. (kinda like a diaper rash cream consistancy) Since air isn't able to reach that area for us as we get larger breasts it gets to be moist more often than not? I might not be of any help but I know I get over heated easily and under my breasts is the first place I feel uncomfortable and have the feeling that I need to dry off.

I switched to a cotton bra so that my skin can breathe and that has helped a lot.
February 8th, 2010, 01:01 PM
lilflower
Sounds like a heat rash or a sweat rash. You could try putting baby powder in your bras. And if it starts to itch you could use an athlete's foot creme (because fungus grows in warm moist areas like under boobs and between socked and shoed feet)!
February 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like heat or sweat to me as well. You can even put a little anti-perspirant there in the mornings and see if that helps.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 8th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would try some powder. It sounds like a heat rash.

February 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like heat rash to me. Or it could be contact dermatitis. Ditto what everyone else said to treat it. If it is dermatitis, your laundry detergent could be irritating your skin. And since that article of clothing is so close to your body, it is aggravating the issue. Pregnancy does weird things to your skin.

February 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I used to get eczema between/under my breasts for some reason. There was never a proven reason for it. But hydrocortisone cream helped clear it up and is safe to use while pregnant.
February 8th, 2010, 06:42 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a terrible rash last pregnancy that I think was caused by a new pair of maternity jeans. I went to the doctor and after three different physicians came in to look at my belly and boobs (yeah, good times...) no one could diagnose it. They gave me steroid cream which I was terrified to use, but I was in such agony that I did - it saved me. I had tried other lotions, hydrocortizone, oatmeal baths, caladryl, etc. and nothing made a difference. It was so terrible that I was crying.

I hope your rash is not this bad, but if it is and they give you steroid cream - use it! My baby came out fine... although he was 9 1/2 lbs... could that have been from the steroids... hmmmm....

Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search