Shoveling Snow

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else shoveling snow?

DH just got upset with me when he came home because I spent the kids nap shoveling out the other car, the sidewalk and widening the driveway. I shoveled for about 2 hrs but I took mini breaks so that I didn't get my heart rate up too high and I feel fine. I'm not sure I understand what the big deal is. I was hoping he would be grateful since he said his back hurts from trying to dig us out of the 24 inches that landed here on Saturday.

[/COLOR]Nathan(6), Reagan(6), Riley(5), Kaycee(3)

Our Blog

February 8th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been, but I probably will this week when we get a blizzard on Wednesday. Otherwise it'll take DH HOURS.

February 8th, 2010, 01:57 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not yet. I will be tomorrow when it stops snowing. I refuse to shovel if it is snowing or going to start blowing.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
My BF plows snow for extra money in the winter. So my driveway is always plowed!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Ha...I was just about to post about this. We have 2 feet..and a nice thick layer of ice so there is no way Im getting out there to shovel it. Im kinda p***** though because my brother (23 yrs old,jobless and on unemployment for a year,super bum,wakes up at 2 everyday,has me his younger sister supporting him and buying groceries for us while he lives in moms basement for free) wont get off his a** to shovel it! I cant even go out to get the mail because there is so much ice and I am terrified of falling. Seriously every driveway in the neighborhood is shoveled but ours...ridiculous.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't get really get snow here but today I used the log splitter and split one whole tree into firewood. Then I stacked the firewood on the back porch. So I can't tell you not to shovel

I think it's fine as long as you're taking breaks.

February 8th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
BF would probably shovel me if I picked up the shovel! Sometimes a lot of manual labor can jump start contractions thats why everybody is always so jumpy about prego's not doing anything laborious.

I dont mind not shoveling, but I hate it when people tell me not to pick up boxes or carry in groceries. I'm like "Geez, I'm pregnant, not handicapped!"
February 8th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think each of us knows our limitations. I have shoveled a couple of times, but I def know if i need to quit. My DH would seriously kick my bootie if i shoveled 24 inches of snow off our driveway or if he caught me doing other things I have done recently without him knowing lol

February 9th, 2010, 06:35 AM
onelove1109's Avatar Super Mommy
Well I attempted to shovel it...but it has gotten to the point where the top 4in is fluffy...then it is like a block of ice. Sooo basically we will have snow/ice driveway until March. Great. Im so glad I have a lazy pos brother to deal with until May.

Thanks so much Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy!

February 9th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy's Avatar Mega Momma
Send a message via MSN to Jennifer-Jacob's Mommy
as long as you dont over due it, its fine
my hubby would kill me too if i did it..

he knows ill go do it too so he has been doing it before I gets the chance to do it when he isnt home.. i really try to help out around the house that way...

February 9th, 2010, 11:58 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Now I feel stupid. I have been shoveling the whole winter. DH has told me not to but really he has so much to do and doesn't get home till late and by that time it will be ice. I still shovel when it's snowing so I don't do to much at a time. Really I feel like this " I'm pregnant and handicap." I feel good after so I don't worry to much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search