So unbelievably freaking angry right now....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to SailorsWife
So I recently posted pictures of the new additions to our nursery... Previously we had the baby cradle that is going to be going next to our bed in there so that it was out of the way but once we put the nursery together, I took it out and put it in our room. Well we never leave our dogs out in the house when we leave because they are just very destructive so they get left in our bedroom where there's nothing for them to destroy... Or so I thought. Well, I came home today just after DH and when I walked in he was on the phone and I overheard him say 'well I've gotta go tell Courtney the bad news. Hopefully she won't see it first." ???? So he hangs up and says 'I don't know which one of them did it but.... they chewed on the cradle." My eyes bugged out of my head and I seriously was praying to God that he was joking. Oh No. He wasn't. Now keep this in mind, we have 2 dogs. One is a blatant Mama's boy and the other is very much so a Daddy's boy. Buckeye, the daddy's boy, is the one that I can hardly stand. He's still puppy-ish (10 months old) and he's huge (golden retriever) and extremely hyper active, attention hungry, and unbelievably destructive. So DH says he doesn't know which dog it was... Hmmm lets think about this one... My beagle who has never ever chewed on a piece of furniture, shoes and anything lying on the ground sure but never furniture, or the golden who we've caught chewing on our dresser, the stair banister, and who literally ate our couch (I'm talking to the Marley point, he ate the cushions). Hmm I wonder. So I go upstairs to look at the damage and I started bawling. He took a good 3 inch gouge out of the top rail. Chewed it to the point that I can't just sand it down and repaint it. It's literally splintered wood. I was just laying there this morning looking at the cradle and thinking how beautiful it was and how glad I was that it was the one thing I spent way too much money on because it would be so perfect to pass down to Rilynn for her babies when she gets older because unlike the crib, it's not going to get all that much use and it truly is something special not just any piece of furniture. I was so excited to have something like that that would be worth saving and passing to her. And now it's ruined. I called my Daddy who if you saw the pictures of the nursery is extremely handy in the carpentry department to see if he knew of any sort of molding putty or something that I could use to fix it and he said to bring it with me when I come up for the baby shower in a couple weeks and he'll try to fix it while I'm there. I'm seriously praying that he can make it all better because I'm seriously just so crushed by this. I know it probably sounds stupid, but that cradle was the one thing I was completely willing to spend bookoo bucks on because I loved it so much. And DH doesn't understand why I'm so upset. I'm just like, Really? You must be joking. Ugh sorry for the rant but thanks for letting me vent.

Forever Missing Our 4 Angel Babies... Forever Missed, Always Loved
February 8th, 2010, 04:07 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Honey, I am so sorry. I would but really upset too!

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 04:26 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no!!!! I'm so sorry!!!! I would have been bawling too!!! I will say prayers that your Dad can fix it for you!! Keep your chin up hon!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 8th, 2010, 04:36 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
That is so crushing!! It sounds like it might be time for crates for the dogs I hope your dad can fix it!! Good luck hun!
February 8th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be SO upset too. the dogs may have found themselves outside dogs for a few days easily. I hope your dad can fix it hun

February 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
Aww Hun sorry I would so be mad.. We have a female dog who is such a little B I can totally relate...

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 8th, 2010, 05:23 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I hope your dad is able to fix it!!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry - that is frustrating and VERY upsetting. I hope that something can be done about it.
February 8th, 2010, 05:45 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'd be that upset too!! I'm sorry! I hope your dad can fix it for you. If he's as handy as my dad is (which I suspect he is from the cabinets) he'll have it done in no time!
February 8th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. Hopefully your dad can fix it.

I've never had an inside dog that doesn't destroy stuff so we don't do inside dogs anymore at all.

February 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
lilflower
OH! I am so sorry! ((hugs)) Hopefully your dad can do something to fix it! Men are so insensitive...of course you'd be upset and rightfully so!
February 8th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to add that when my dog are a big hole in my carpet, I don't think DH was nearly as pissed as I was.. but I laid that carpet entirely by myself overnight, so I was REALLY pissed lol. My dog that did that now sleeps in a crate at night and isn't allowed to roam the house

February 9th, 2010, 12:50 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I would be so pissed! I totally understand your feelings about this. I really hope your father could fix it. I cant do dogs or cat pets for that particular reason.
February 9th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Super Mommy
I am sooo sorry, I hope you guys will be able to get it fixed, I would be crushed as well!

February 9th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Mrs_Hub's Avatar Veteran
Oh no, Id be upset too! My animals get me so frustrated sometimes. I love having them around, but its really hard to keep them from ruining things. I'll bet your dad will be able to fix it... My dad does a lot of wood working and it seems like they always have tricks up their sleeves.

February 9th, 2010, 05:40 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry! I really hope it can be repaired. I would have been just as upset. Luckily, our dog is small and doesn't chew on anything, but I would be extremely angry too if I had a big dog and it ruined something so special. BIG HUGS!!!

February 9th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
((hugs))--that really stinks. You have every right to feel bummed. I hope your dad can fix it--I saw the pics of your nursery--incredible. Your dad did an awesome job. I'm sure he can fix it somehow.

This is going to be the next "phase" in our pregnancy, huh? Trying to introduce our pets to our babies. My cats are sweet as pie--but they love jumping into Alyssa's pack and play and my one cat lucy keeps going into Aly's room and stealing her little socks.

Where is the dog whisperer when you need him?

February 9th, 2010, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh I would be so mad too! I hope your dad can fix it!

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

February 9th, 2010, 07:14 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'd be so upset too! I bet your dad will be able to fix it somehow. My little terrier gnawed on the foot of our new bed and destroyed a few shoes and bras while she was a puppy. I was so annoyed at her.
February 9th, 2010, 12:11 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm so sorry hun! Your dad's work looked AMAZING, so I am feeling pretty confident he'll be able to pull something out of his hat to fix it up for you!
We used to have a dog that chewed. We went out once and the dog ate our whole couch. It was stunning. But I would MUCH rather my dog eat a couch then an heirloom cradle that was going to be passed down! Oh, I'm praying your dad can fix it. I bet he can....

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search