Mucus Plug?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 04:54 PM
HarpersMomma's Avatar Super Mommy
As of last Wednesday, I was 75% effaced and about 2 cm dilated. I went to L&D to be monitored and I wasn't having any serious contractions; mostly just BH. Today I had a very big discharge of slightly greenish looking snot (TMI sorry!). It wasn't after a BM or anything and I hadn't been up moving around since I am on bedrest. Does this sound like my mucus plug? I've not had discharge like this before. It didn't smell and I don't think it's some kind of infection (no burning or itching, etc.) I know that losing your mucus plug doesn't mean you're going to go straight into labor, but do you think I should call L&D? I have my doc's appt. on Wednesday. Should I be okay to wait until then?

February 8th, 2010, 05:03 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
When I lost my plug with DD it was over several days and it came out almost like really thick chunks and strands of egg white (Sorry probably TMI) I didn't have any bloody show, just the plug. A green tinge is usually a sign of infection but with all the funky things that go on with our bodies during pregnancy it is hard to tell! Have you been contracting at all? Even just BH? Calling your Dr. never hurts and since you are already dilating and effaced it is probably best to keep them UTD on anything different that happens with your body! Good Luck Hon!!! (With my DD I was effaced and dilated same as you are from about 31 weeks till I had her at one date past my EDD, they kept a close eye on me and when I was at home they wanted me to report anything different) Calling L&D never hurts!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 8th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would call just because of the greenish tinge. I lost my plug around 30 weeks with Lily and it was just a big gob of white thick mucous. No greenish tinge. I wouldn't be worried about losing the plug right now, but I would be concerned about having a possible vaginal infection or something that the green could be a sign of.

February 8th, 2010, 05:18 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I would Defiantly call Just to be safe.. Please kup

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
February 8th, 2010, 05:35 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call.

I think I am losing my plug but it looks like eggs whites.

I would be worried about the green tinge.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 8th, 2010, 06:14 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'd give them a call. The color is a bit worrisome.

I'm not sure if I'd know if I was losing my mucous plug or not. I never noticed with DD and this time I've had so much snotty discharge the entire time I probably wouldn't know...
February 8th, 2010, 06:45 PM
lilflower
So. I've been having this same yucky snot looking stuff. And did see my MW about it. It's your plug and it can be clear, white, pink, yellow or light greenish. Anything snotty I wouldn't worry about it before your appointment but I'd definitely mention it at the appointment on wednesday!
February 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lost mine last time and this time already once. It's like a huge glob of thick white mucous.. that's pretty solid. I would give a call.. can't hurt.

February 9th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that for about two days, it's since cleared. Let me know what they say!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 9th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call and let your doc know.

February 9th, 2010, 06:09 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call, just to be on the ''better safe than sorry'' side of things. I also read somewhere that it can be all sorts of colors, so I wouldn't worry too much about that, but I'd still keep them posted, especially since you are already effacing and dialating. It can't hurt to call and let them know, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search