Fast Food Woes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm just going to use you to rant on from now on, k? J/K....I just feel like that's all I've been doing lately!

So ONE time in my pregnancy I cave into a little fast food. I do not eat junk food, I just don't. So this is like a weird phenomenon, I sort of crave junk when I'm pregnant, so I allow myself a single indulgence. If I am going to consume my entire caloric allowance for three days in one meal, it better be exactly what I want, exactly how I want it.

Poor, poor, poor DH.

He went out to get me Wendy's tonight. We had supper plans but the nursery stuff we ordered came in and he went to pick it up, so we didn't have time to have a big meal.

I told him I wanted a chicken sandwich, thinking that after six years of being together, he would know what I like on a chicken sandwich...which is basically everything.

Wrong.

It was chicken, mayo and lettuce. Not a great sandwich, also not the end of the world. I started BAWLING in the kitchen when I unwrapped it. Stupid hormones!

The funniest part to me is, the one time in my previous pregnancy when I allowed myself McDonalds, I went through the drive through by myself and did not open the bag until I got home. I ordered a chicken sandwich....came home, opened the bag, and.....

four orders of large french fries.

Seriously? I guess I am just not meant to eat crap. Boo.

So what "silly little thing" has set off your crazy woman hormones while pregnant?

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 8th, 2010, 08:42 PM
lilflower
I cried after ordering a Skinny Vanilla Latte and not looking at it (was in the drive thru) drank the whole thing then saw that it wasn't fat-free milk or sugar free. I cried for an hour because being on bed rest I have to limit the calories I take in and I blew like 400 on a 10 oz coffee!
February 8th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got upset 2 nights ago because I had been majorly craving sushi (strangely while pregnant I only crave cooked rolls, but while not pregnant I only eat raw pretty much). So, I talked DH into going to our fave place and getting some rolls made fresh to go. I couldn't decide what I wanted, so I made DH order 6 rolls (which was a TON of food for the 2 of us). We get home and I eat 2 pieces and I couldn't eat anymore. Something just was wrong with the texture of it for me. DH was not too happy about the food waste, but oh well.

February 9th, 2010, 06:35 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I feel your pain, I'm weird normally where big changes in plans (be it plans for a day, or dinner, etc) can push me over a grumpy edge.... I'm a huge planner and once my mind is set on something it's bad if it gets changed. I've had the same type of thing happen food wise this pregnancy, where I really had my mind set on something and then DH brings home the wrong thing or they made it wrong etc and I lose it, or if our plans change for a weekend even if its for an important reason (snow storm, car issues etc) I still lose it.
February 9th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Your story made me smile--although I'm sure at the time it wasn't a laughing matter. It is a sign you aren't suppose to eat junk food--that's just too weird.

Sunday I got into a big fight w/my mom and was standing in the kitchen, crying, crying, crying...I started to do the "sob cry" where my shoulders go up and down, and I guess w/all the movement and tightening in my body, Aly reacted and kicked my bladder and I pee'd right there, in the kitchen. I was crying so hard I couldn't see and Matt just stared at me with this look on his face like "do I laugh or console her". I said "I just pee'd my pants and it won't stop" and he said (with a blank expression on his face) "Where are the Clorox wipes at?" b/c seriously, I pee'd ON THE FLOOR!!!

Then I did a shuffle to the bathroom, still crying, but finally made it to the toliet.

February 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've also been trying to stay away from fast food. Being on bed rest I need to limit the calories and limit the salt intake. Well a few weeks ago I was craving McDonalds chicken mcnuggets. Don't know why. I don't even really like them. But that is what I wanted. I also wanted 2 tubs of BBQ sauce to go with the nuggets. My husband took my son the McDonalds and came back with the mcnuggets but NO BBQ sauce! I was mad. I started crying and told him to march right back and get the BBQ sauce. It actually made my husband mad but I told him he was just going to have to deal with it.
February 9th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol...Kristin, you poor thing. I had something similar happen after I gave birth to DS, had the baby blues and I was sitting on the bed crying to DH, got up and he started cracking up b/c I had left a nice little puddle on the bed. It managed to lighten my mood as well, even though we had to wash the sheets...

Oh the joys of pregnancy incontinence!

Michelle, if your hubby actually went back for the sauce, he is a good man. Dan loves me but I think he would have told me 'tough sh** sugar', lol. Probably b/c I do that kind of thing to him all the time.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My anniversary this year--jan 11--we left DD with my parents and went shopping an hour away. We picked out my new dining room table, bought it and had a nice lunch and dinner. Then we headed back--I peed at the restaurant, and we stopped at a gas station because the air in the tire was low (we borrowed my dad's Porsche Boxster to take instead of our cars) well I had to pee again (it had only been 5 min but it was coooold outside and I was shivering so it made me have to pee again)---well the pipes had burst in the gas station so they had no bathroom--no big deal, I said I would hold it til we got home-45 min drive.

We get15 min down the road and the car has a flat. It is literally 32 degrees outside and DH has no idea how to change the tire on the Porsche. Sooooo I'm standing on the side of the road crying, just freaking out-he is about to lay under the car on the side of the interstate-its pitch black, he doesnt know how to change it and there are 18 wheelers flying by us! Luckily my dad called and said he had a hard time changing the tire in daylight and warm weather, so he says get in the car and he'll load up a trailor and come get us (30 min away).

IIIIINNNN the mean time, DH goes and whips it out and pees on the side of the road..I'm furious! I had to pee bad by this time...SO i had to SQUAT on the side of the road--32 degrees--PREGNANT (which is making it really hard to hold my balance and squat) and pee while all these cars are flying by....I was crying and laughing.....it was horrible! Needless to say that was an anniversary we will NEVER forget!

February 9th, 2010, 08:48 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
I've cried at the most random moments so far it hasn't been over food but more over things that I can't figure out like when I was trying to pay a bill online and I couldn't figure the website out. But now after reading this post I really want to run out and get mcdonalds but I am trying to resist since its still snowy outside and the only car left here is the mustang.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search