Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I had my routine ob visit yesterday and to my horror I am up SEVEN pounds....in TWO weeks!! WTH??? I was wearing a big sweater so maybe that had something to do with it... Haha. I guess giving into those cravings for chips and brownies has caught up with me. So I'm rapidly approaching the 30 pound mark and can def feel it. Bring on the healthy stuff now I guess!
February 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The problem with only getting weighed at your appt's is how much your weight can fluctuate on a given day....so don't worry about it too much.

I have appt's 2x a week, and from Thurs. to Monday I had gained three pounds, and the next Thurs. I was down four, figure that one out.

But you are tiny anyway so 30 pounds is no biggie

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 9th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Super Mommy
So at my 30 week appointment I was suddenly up 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I freaked. I had been sooo hungry and had eaten like crazy those two weeks. After that appt I got depressed and didn't care. So I still ate whatever. I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and gained ZERO lbs since. WHEW! That seems amazing as I had a glazed donut (or two!) almost every morning this week.. and lots of other junk.

The nurse said it all evens out in the end.
February 9th, 2010, 10:14 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
yeah I went in to my last appointment and they said I had gained 5 lbs in two weeks.. I was just like, thats not happening.. I realized when I left that I think I had the room with the jipped scale, and weighed myself at my friends house when I got home, I was 2 lbs less than I was at the doctors office, and this was right after eating a big dinner So not all scales are right, even at doctors offices.. and dont forget about swelling and fluid interferring too... I do eat bad though, so if I gain alot of weight, its my own fault.
February 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go in next Tuesday and Monday night my ds has a project at the youth fair so I'm sure we'll eat junk food for supper. I don't even want to see the scale Salty stuff swells me up immediately.

February 9th, 2010, 11:05 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Yeah, I don't like doctor scales, because they're actually hardly EVER accurate from being used so often. The scales need reset a lot more often than they are (you know how a scale in science class needs rebalanced to 0? Same thing, pretty much), so a doctor's scale will most likely always be a little off from what your scale says at home. I know that my scale always says that I'm at least two pounds lighter than what the doctor's scale says, and since my scale is consistent, I go by it rather than the doctor's. Don't worry about it! It'll come off afterwards.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 9th, 2010, 11:08 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwww...these things happen, and usually at this stage it is a lot of fluid retention.

good luck trying to eat healthy. I know the further along I get, the more I just don't care anymore.
February 9th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel. I'd rather eat something salty than something goo for me!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search