Who else is already thinking about losing weight?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before I got preggo I was on Weight Watchers and I loved it. I fully intended on watching my calories while preggo but honestly I'm starving all the time so I gave up on it.

I'm already thinking about when I will start WW again. I can't wait to get the weight back off.

February 9th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Me!! I can't wait to fit in a certain pair of jeans again that I absolutely love!!! (But they are my smallest pair so it might be awhile, but those pair of jeans are my goal!!) I lost 20 lbs. right before I got pregnant so I know it is possible!! I do a form of WW (I keep track of my calories and fat, which seems to be mostly what WW is, but I don't count "points").

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
February 9th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I suspect I'll have an easy time losing the weight, but am concerned about getting my muscle tone back and limiting any saggy skin issues.

February 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking about it DAILY. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 2 months along and I had been on a really unhealthy diet. Diet pills, super low caloric intake, not healthy at all. I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight. Guess I found out!

As soon as the doc gives me the green light to exercise I am hitting the gym every day. I was already bigger than I have ever been in my entire life and do NOT want to stay that way, especially being newly married.

The gym is my favorite sanity saver after having a baby too. One hour a day of not thinking of baby stuff and just working out...good therapy.
February 9th, 2010, 11:33 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on running a 10K this year and it's in the middle of June so I'm already planning on losing weight, working out and all that. I have been watching what I eat so that it's easy when the time comes. I know you should wait 6 weeks after before you do anything But honestly I started at 4 weeks after DS and just might do the same. Really It helps with my PPD.

February 9th, 2010, 11:42 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I am soooo thinking about losing weight! I cannot wait to have my body back functioning normally. I will be a much happier person once that happens and I drop at least 20lbs.
February 9th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarney View Post
I'm planning on running a 10K this year and it's in the middle of June so I'm already planning on losing weight, working out and all that. I have been watching what I eat so that it's easy when the time comes. I know you should wait 6 weeks after before you do anything But honestly I started at 4 weeks after DS and just might do the same. Really It helps with my PPD.
I'm the same way---I need to exercise for mental stability!

February 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Me!! I cannot wait to start running again since I've done pretty much nothing for the last six months. Since it will be summer I figure I can work my running back up outside and use some DVDs to tone up. That's the plan anyways......
February 9th, 2010, 12:05 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I can't WAIT. Seriously, it's on my mind almost daily. I'm really excited about going on stroller runs with my little man because exercise is something that has always helped my emotional stability, and I'm really looking forward to the bonding time that it will give me with Caleb. Not to mention that it is going to be FANTASTIC having someone with me, even if he can't talk yet!

I didn't go into the pregnancy with the best body, but I was in shape and healthy, and I very much enjoyed going bicycling and hiking at least 4 days a week. I don't know why, but pregnancy has made me even more motivated to get that "best body"---maybe because people always speak negatively about bearing children, as if it'll ruin your physique for the rest of your life. So, I wanna prove those people (and my own doubts) wrong!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 9th, 2010, 12:09 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Kinley....I ate whatever I wanted, I didn't care if I gained weight..I was pregnant! lol Then breastfeeding for a year-I didn't lose weight because you are still just as hungry as when you are pregnant. It took me a year to lose all but 10lbs, then I did WW to lose the last 10lbs.

This time around, I plan on eating better while breastfeeding so I can hopefully lose weight a little faster. But I won't go on WW until after I stop nursing unless I can lose it without doing weight watchers. But for the first year I'm not concerned with losing it right away-I just want to be able to eat/drink enough to produce enough milk for baby and for me to not be starving! lol

February 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
homeschooling mom of 2
Well I've been thinking about it for 6yrs... been overweight since I gained so much with DD's pregnancy. I'm thrilled that so far I've only gained 14lbs with this pregnancy (since it was over 60 with my first) but I'm still getting closer and closer to 200lbs by the day. I want to get back to my "happy weight" of around 135lbs so I have quite a bit to lose. I'm dedicated though since this is the year I turn 35 to get it together so that not only do I feel and look better but that I set a good example for my girls and have the energy to keep up with them. I'm getting a new jogging stroller with our tax return!
February 9th, 2010, 12:19 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!! LOL!!! ....It's actually funny this was posted today because we got our tax refund TODAY and my hubby was like what Advocare products will you want here as soon as you have the baby so I can order them now? LOL!!! Soooooooo He ordered all my goodies for me to get my weight back after Mr Matthew shows up, LOL! ....it's been an ongoing joke that I want it in my hospital bag with me, so I have it immediately, but its really not a joke, I'm dead serious, LOL!!!

I'm so happy to have a Spring baby just because we can go for walks and I can start running again outside once I CAN - no waiting on the weather or going to the gym!!! YAY!!!!!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 9th, 2010, 12:32 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think about it on occasion but am not too worried about the weight coming off, just because i really haven't gained very much so far. I am concerned about my stomach looking like it did pre-pregnancy but hopefully working out will take care of that.

February 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ME!! I am so hungry all the time right now. I am praying I can get the weight off easily after baby comes.

February 9th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I cannot wait.

I miss running and working out intensely. Prenatal exercise videos are good...but they're not exactly P90X, lol.

I also am gluten/dairy free when I'm not pregnant but it was too hard to sustain that diet and gain the necessary weight so I can't wait to get the go-ahead from my doc to get back to that.

This is the biggest reason I'm terrified of having to have a C-Section...I don't want recovery to take any longer!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Me, kind of I guess. I haven't gained very much this pregnancy (think about 6lbs total for some reason), but my body has definitely changed from having Lily less than 2 years ago and then getting pregnant again, etc. I really want to tone up and lose some extra weight I was carrying from before getting pregnant with Lily.

February 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ME ME ME!!! I don't run anymore since we started to TTC in July and I just crave running in the evenings with my dog. I wouldn't be able to handle all the bouncing.. LOL!
February 9th, 2010, 12:52 PM
JBmom88's Avatar Super Mommy
Other then seeing the baby, it's the number 1 thing I think about. I cannot wait to get back into my own clothes, and working out like I did before. I'm hoping it comes off as easy as it did with DD

February 9th, 2010, 01:03 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I haven't thought about it much. It kind of sucks to have the choice taken from you on whether you will exercise or not. If I don't exercise I don't move. Since being diagnosed with EDS thats all I've had to think about every day, so I try not to think about exercise more than necessary.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 9th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Max, I lost weight while pregnant but gained it and some back while breastfeeding. This time I want to talk to someone about the right amount of calories for me while exercising and breastfeeding. Last time I was trying to work out and breastfeeding but not eating enough thus I kept everything I ate.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search