to my surprise...my doc just put me on modified bedrest

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2010, 11:18 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went in for my appt today and my BP was a bit high again. We started talking about my grandmother's passing, how I'm getting less and less sleep, how everything is going with my GD, and how the commute to and from work and my duties at work are keeping me from getting the rest and relaxation I need now, especially to get my BP down to prevent pre-term labor or hospitalisation, and so on. So it was obvious by the time we were done talking that she was going to ask me about stopping work (which I am ok with) and she did. What I wasn't excpecting was for her to tell me I'm basically on modified bedrest...not supposed to clean, do groceries or go out except to my appts. That is the part I'm having trouble accepting...staying home and not being able to do any housework, no groceries, nothing....I may go insane! But, I will try to do the least possible because I know it's what's best for the baby, but man is this ever going to be hard on me, and DH too since he'll have to do it all. I am glad my stress level should go down and that I won't have to deal with work or anything else for that matter, but I would like to be able to spend this time preparing for the baby. My shower is in 2 weeks and I was planning on painting the nursery this weekend, but I guess I will have to hope that family and friends will be nice enough to take care of that for me. It's bad enough thaqt I will be breaking the rules by going to my friends baby shower on the 20th then having my own on the 21st when I'm not supposed to go out anywhere...sigh! I guess it's time to catch up on some good books and some movies.

February 9th, 2010, 11:26 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry that sucks. I hope it's not that bad. I hope tat your family and friends will help out. It's good tat your DH is willing to help out and do those things.

February 9th, 2010, 11:28 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Honestly though, I'd love to be on bed rest at this point. I'm so tired of making all the meals and doing all the cleaning and I would love an excuse to relax all day. I'm sure it would get old quickly though. But at least you don't have a crazy long time to go. Relax and enjoy it if you can.
February 9th, 2010, 12:08 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Aww, I'm sorry. ((hugs)) But try to enjoy this period of relaxing as much as possible, because once the baby is here, you'll be getting even less sleep!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 9th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry!

February 9th, 2010, 01:18 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Shoot!! I am completely in same mind set as you are, no way would I be able to sit around and do nothing. I would go crazy! I again know that it's for a very important reason but I'm such a busy body I can't sit and watch t.v. all day. yuck!

On a lighter note, do you have hobbies you could start taking interest in again that you haven't had time for? Scrapbooking, quilting, beading? Anything that you could do with your hands to keep your mind busy? Just a thought. You also don't have very long to go and there are other ladies that have been on bedrest for a very long time. Keep your chin up there is light at the end of the tunnel
February 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been on bedrest since the first part of December. So I know exactly how you feel. I've only been out of the house to go to my various appointments. Luckily, I can work from home so that keeps me a little busy. Imagine bed rest with a 2 year old running around. My son doesn't understand why I can't pick him up and why I can't play on the floor with him (it hurts my back to sit on the floor). I'm really hoping this baby comes mid March so that I can end the bed rest. Around 36-37 weeks I may just stop with the bed rest so it can help the baby drop down into position. I can't even go shopping for the baby. I don't like doing online shopping because I like to be able to touch and inspect the items. Since this baby is a girl we have to get tons of girl things. I gave my sister some money this past weekend so she can do all of the shopping. I feel like I'm missing out a lot, but I'll do anything to keep this baby in until at least 36-37 weeks. My son was born at 34 weeks due to preterm labor (my water broke) so if I can keep this one in it'll be worth it.
February 9th, 2010, 01:45 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I'm sorry! I hope the time passes more quickly than you think! Maybe your BP will drop by your next appointment since your stress level will be down then you can accomplish the things you want to!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 9th, 2010, 01:58 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try and take it easy!

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 9th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone! And I honestly have no idea how some ladies here have endured bedrest for so long! You are soooo patient! I've had a hard time staying put on the couch even just tonight, I'm really going to have to work on this! But yes, as long as the baby is fine, I have nothing to complain about, right? Here's hoping there are no problems at my profiling ultrasound tomorrow, then I may be able to convince myself to lay low for awhile, try to just enjoy the kicking and use this time to read up and prepare mentally as much as possible. I haven't seen the baby since 22 weeks, the only time I even have had a peek, and from tomorrow on I will be having a profiling ultrasound every week. I guess that will be a positive, as long as the baby is doing well. I have no choice really but to accept the bedrest, I just really wasn't expecting this. Thanks for letting me rant though!

And Vanessa...funny you mentioned hobbies because I called my sister after I came home from the doctor's to ask her to bring me all her patterns for cross-stitching, which I love but haven't had enough time for lately. She has tons of bibs, blankets, etc. patterns I could work on for the baby, now that I'll have more time; it's affordable and passes A LOT of time!

Last edited by LisaBrown; February 9th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
February 9th, 2010, 04:21 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Sorry you'll be on bedrest, but at least you don't have too much time left. It'll be worth it to catch up on some rest and relaxation
February 9th, 2010, 09:22 PM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
Hi, I'm lurking, I'm the host of the High Risk Board. I'm on modified/partial bed rest for my BP (and it's working) and I wanted to invite you over to the High Risk board - we have a lot of ladies on bed rest there you can talk to, and resources as well!!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

February 10th, 2010, 05:23 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm sorry you are on bedrest now Lisa. I feel your pain regarding not being able to do stuff around the house...but take these last couple weeks and relax and enjoy some "me" time....If you haven't already seen it, rent HBO's True Blood Season 1-2 and watch it..you will fall in love I promise..then go get the books and we can have an Oprah Book Club and talk about the pros and cons of dating vampires. You will be ADDICTED I promise.

We should save these posts for when our LO's are 13 and hormones raging and screaming at us how they hate us, we can show them these and say "see how much I loved you? I sat on my arse for 8 weeks reading vampire novels just so you got big and strong".

February 10th, 2010, 09:26 AM
I love the idea of saving these posts to show him or her when the teenage years hit, hehehe! Right now I'm half way through season 3 of Grey's Anatomy and one of my friends is supposed to come drop off more DVDs to help keep me busy. I've never watched True Blood, I may just take that suggestiopn and start watching those too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search