Does your nursery furniture match?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a matching set changing table, dresser and crib when I was preggo with ds. It's all held up great except for the crib. It fell apart a few days ago so I need a new one. I've never really used the changing table.

My dresser is Cherry.

I can get this in Cherry for $127.00 but from reading the reviews it's not the same color cherry as my dresser.

Or for 199.00 I can get this matching 3 piece set:

Which would you pick?

February 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i would go for the matching set

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 10th, 2010, 05:45 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I'd probably just get the cheaper crib, cherry even in different tones will likely look very similar under most lighting, and you won't use the crib forever and can always match a bed to the existing furniture closer if you wanted later.

I ordered new furniture for the nursery, in espresso though when a bright light shines on it it's really just a deep deep cherry look. I'm leaving my glider white, the dresser/hutch are STILL backordered and if they don't get in this month I'll likely be looking for another brand and getting as close of a match as I can to the crib but not stressing over it. The bench and end table I have in there are painted dark brown but with normal lighting look like they match the crib.

So unless you really love the set of three, and think you might use the changer this time, and it seems like it's quality enough to make it worth it (ie the dresser won't just fall apart on you by the time you're done with the crib) I'd go least expensive option.
February 10th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is a really good deal for a three piece set!

That first crib looks just like ours....is it a Graco? If it is the same as ours, the cherry was not nearly as dark as the online pictures, I was really disappointed.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 10th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racine View Post
That is a really good deal for a three piece set!

That first crib looks just like ours....is it a Graco? If it is the same as ours, the cherry was not nearly as dark as the online pictures, I was really disappointed.
yes it is a Graco. The online reveiws say it's a very, very red cherry. What I currently have is a deep dark cherry dresser and changing table.

February 10th, 2010, 05:58 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
our crib is a darker cherry than the dresser, and we are using shelves that are more of an expresso color. it bugged me at first because i am very anal about matching stuff, but i got over it after a while. i would say to get whatever you like best.
February 10th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I love cherry furniture--I would def. get it matching if you can afford it. We just bought the crib, which is mahagony (sp?) and then bought a white storage shelving unit w/pink and purple cloth shelves...it doesn't match, but it looks nice b/c we are incorporating white in her room so the white shelves flow...anyways, I think the 3 set is an awesome deal!

February 10th, 2010, 07:37 AM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
I would just go ahead and get the matching set since its not much more than the price of the crib alone, you could always sell the old furniture on craigslist if you don't need it anymore and that could help make up the cost a little bit.
February 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it's a convertible crib and you plan on and keeping the dresser and using the set together for a long time I would want it to match. The dresser and the bed matching is important, not so much the changing table because you won't use that forever.

This is the first time I splurged on matching stuff and plan to use it as long as it holds up.
February 10th, 2010, 07:57 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Id go for the matching set, they look so nice together when it all goes well. We have a white matching set and I love it.

February 10th, 2010, 07:59 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No of my stuff ever matches except my bedroom furniture. I actually don't like matchy matchy stuff but that's just me. Since the price is not much higher-go for the set!

February 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
None of our stuff matches at all! Our crib is cherry, the nightstand/sidetable is currently royal blue and yellow (will be painted purple) and the dresser we're putting in the room is royal blue and red (also to be painted purple). Kaija's dresser is 2-tone espresso and natural. My dad made it for her.

The set isn't that much more, but if the quality isn't that great it's probably not worth it to get it all. I do like it though!
February 10th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL I am too cheap to care..... I have 3 beds and 3 dressers in the kids room right now and none of it matchs.... I think if you can afford it and care, get the 3 piece, but if it's a matter of money, get the graco

February 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
I'd go for matching!!! I'm a matchy-matchy person!! We have Cherry stuff in my studio, and it was VERY hard to find all the same shade of Cherry for everything - but it was worth it...if it didn't match my *eye* would go mental, LOL!!! ....I'm a bit anal though, bwhahaha
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 10th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None of mine matches. We have a really light changing table (probably oak) that I got for free off craigs list. A dark brown glider and a cherry crib. The only thing we had to buy was the crib - we had a free one but it was recalled so we bought a new one.

October 7th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Hello,

The rest of my house is all dark wood colored furniture. I was planning on getting dark furniture for the baby's room too but now DH and I are thinking that white might go better with the ocean theme. I have also found a good website with free shipping on baby furniture that has some of the brand I am looking for on sale but in the white. Do you think the baby's room should should have the same color furniture as the rest of the house?
THANKS!!!
October 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Only my crib and changing table/dresser matches. It's cherry. I have a bookshelf and an antique wardrobe in her room that are dark wood, but not the exact shade as the dresser and crib. My rocking chair and diaper organizer are white. The hardwoods in the room are a natural oak color. I don't think it has to match, but go for the set if that's what you like the best.
October 7th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well we dont have a ton of "furniture" in there because his room is small but it does all match and it is all cherry... we have a crib & change table in one so obviously that matches and then a cherry basket storage thing that has hats, bibs etc and will have toys in the future.

I'm matchy, so i'de get the set!

October 7th, 2010, 04:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought a 3 piece set in espresso...I love it! The glider we have is a cherry I think, but it's dark and with the cushions on you can't really tell it doesn't match. I'm a very matchy person as well (i almost had a heart attack when DH wanted purplish walls for the nursery because I didn't think it would go with the bedding I had picked out...but it actually looks good) but I would also want quality. I can't see the pics but I would probably do the set unless you don't think it would hold up.
October 7th, 2010, 05:29 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
FYI, this is a super old thread someone found and bumped up

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search