Low Back Pain - updated in post 5

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 08:13 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the past week I have been having low back pain on my left side. It is lower than my kidney and only happens when I am sitting or laying down for long periods at a time. (especially at night). It hurts so bad that I can barely roll over and when I stand I can't straighten up. I never had this happen with my other kids. I told my mom and she just said "well you are not as young as you were with the others" I was 20, 21 and 24 when I was pregnant the last times. I don't think it is my kidneys because it only hurts when I sit or lie down for long periods. And I had kidney problems as a young child and this does feel like that. It feels more like a muscle or joint strain. I go to the doctor today and plan on asking him. But I wanted to know what you guys think or if any of you have experienced this.

Last edited by JaxonsMom2010; February 10th, 2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: updated
February 10th, 2010, 09:06 AM
croutonluver2's Avatar Veteran
My lower back on the right side is killing me..whether I'm standing or sitting or lying down...really uncomfortable, and I never experienced that before with my pregnancy, so it's just another thing I have to deal with I think it's normal though.

February 10th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe you pulled a muscle or the baby is in a weird position? I would ask your doc.

Thanks Claire for my awesome siggy!!

February 10th, 2010, 09:58 AM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd check with your Dr. but I've been seeing a chiropractor since 5 weeks preggo because I have lower back problems that started years ago. I have felt great so far with this pregnancy. He keeps asking me if I am having any lower back pain b/c he said by now, most pregnant women are. It has something to do with the baby pulling your spine out of whack, up near your shoulders and then to compensate, your lower back hurts.

Sounds pretty normal to me. I bet a chiro could help you or even just a massage!

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
February 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Ok I checked with my doctor and he seems to think it is sacroiliac joint pain and it is actually very common in pregnancy at the stage that I am in. Of course when I came back to my office, I googled it. I discovered that generally the pain is only felt on side but can be felt on both sides. And the pain and stiffness increases with prolonged sitting and standing. And the more pregnancies a woman has, the higher her chances of SI joint problems.

February 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that you're in pain, but I'm glad that it's nothing serious.

I have a back condition, so even before I was pregnant, I had to visit my chiropractor regularly to prevent severe back pain. My back has definitely gotten worse since I started growing a bump. I've been going to him weekly for the last couple of months, and it has helped me deal with the constant pain that I'm experiencing.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
February 10th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks - Me too. I am suppose to have a prenatal massage in four weeks, but I don't know if I go that long or not.

February 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you feel better soon!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search