Braxton Hicks out of control?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need some advice, ladies...

I am normally not concerned about BH at all....I get them all the time and have since 26 weeks or so. However, starting this morning I've been having them every few minutes and I cannot get anything done!

I've drank a ton of water, tried lying down for a while, nothing is making them go away and I am really getting PO'ed.

I read that if you have more than four contractions in an hour, whether they hurt or not, to call your doctor....does anyone know why that is? Can contractions that don't hurt but are just uncomfortable cause dilation?

I really don't want to call my doc, get told to come in and get hooked up to a monitor unless there is a possibility of some real risk.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

February 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB is so lax. I told her about mine and she just said call me when they're 5 minutes apart, and a minute long for an hour.

I've gotten some that seem to last a long time, several minutes in length. And some that really hurt. One earlier that I couldn't even place my hand on my belly because it hurt too much.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call just in case, or maybe do a google search first just in case they can cause real labor.

[IMG][/IMG]

February 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Yeah I'd probably call and just tell them, and see what they say, just in case.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dr said call/come in if I have 6 an hour or more.......

but I know how you feel...I had 2 right in a row last night that was accompanied by sharp stabbing pain in my stomach and back--it was so bad it woke me up!! I don't think they are actually doing anything unless they are crampy-but just a tightening of the belly

February 10th, 2010, 12:45 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The reason is because Preterm labor contractions don't hurt either. The Preterm Labor contractions CAN cause dilation. So that is why the doctors usually say to call after having so many in an hour. I've already had 2 preterm labor scares but I'm not dilated at all. Also, BH contractions aren't timeable. If you can time your contractions they are preterm labor contractions. Sometimes the preterm labor will stop on it's own and sometimes they won't. So if you are still having contractions, just call your doctor and see if they want to check you out. Better to be safe than sorry.
February 10th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You can have dilating contractions that don't hurt.

February 10th, 2010, 02:53 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's not funny, but it's funny that the exact thing happened to me this morning and I started a thread about it too...lol.

Scares ya huh?
February 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
Dr. told me today that if they were 5 min. apart to go to triage. She said that BHs would go away with water, rest, warm bath, etc. She said if I couldn't get them to stop, I needed to go to the hospital to be monitored.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 10th, 2010, 04:16 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had several in a row yesterday afternoon. And they hurt, but they stopped. I have had a few throughout today, but not like yesterday. I was starting to panic. And yes you can have painless contractions that cause dilation. I did with my youngest (at 35 and 36 weeks).

February 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all your input....I ended up taking a nap and a nice warm bath....it didn't make them stop completely but I think relaxing helped a bit and they're not as frequent now.

I just hate the stupid things. They make me cranky.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search