When were you able to wear reg. clothes due to lack of bump/blood?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I just posted something about what I should pack regarding my hospital bag and the days following.

I was told after birth you bleed A LOT and to be careful getting your old clothes out again (even though after 10 mo. of being pregnant, every woman yearns to) b/c you bleed a lot and might ruin your pants/jeans.

Soooo BTDT mamas....

When were you able to wear your regular clothes again due to lack of baby in belly?
When were you able to wear your regular clothes again and not worry you would bleed through and ruin your pants? (how long was the heavy bleeding and how long did you have to wear those diaper type pads?)

One of my concerns is that I will think my bleeding has gotten down to just wearing a normal pad again, but then I will be at the store, and will feel a "gush" and realize that a LOT of blood has just escaped and then I am in mahjah trouble!

February 10th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I was never my old size again, so...never for me.

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

February 10th, 2010, 11:50 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll look pregnant for at least a couple of weeks afterwards. Also, if you end up being induced with Pitocin you may end up swelling and that takes a couple of weeks to go down by itself. I think I was still wearing maturnity clothes a good month to 6 weeks after delivery. I was lucky and I only bleed for about 2 1/2 weeks heavily and then super light for another 1/2 week. I know some who bleed for 6 weeks. The few days immediately following delivery will be your heaviest. Get the biggest fattest pads available. Also, I suggest putting a mattress cover on your bed. Because you may end up leaking. Either your pad will leak or your boobs will leak. No need to stain your mattress (because breastmillk DOES stain). Also, make sure to wear breast pads in your bra once your milk comes in. For the most part I my boobs didn't leak. That's if I feed the baby at the scheduled time. If I missed a feeding (I pumped so sometimes my schedule varied) I would leak everywhere.
February 10th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Are breast pads uncomfortable?? Are they like those makeup pads people use to put foundation on? All spongy? I have never in my life seen a breast pad.

February 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I wore my regular clothes to and from the hospital So I was back in them right away. That said, I lost a lot of weight and came home 15 less than pre-preggo. I'm a freak

As for the bleeding I probably only had the really heavy bleeding for 4-5 days after birth, so really only a few days at home. After that it was pretty light but kept up for 5.5 weeks. It had JUST stopped when I went in for my 6 week pp check up. But it was very light the last week/1.5 weeks. More like a reeeaaalllly long regular period.
February 10th, 2010, 12:01 PM
RockinAsh's Avatar Super Mommy
You definitely look pregnant for a few weeks following the birth. It took me about a month to get back into my regular jeans, even then they were snug.

As far as the bleeding goes....
Directly after birth you do bleed alot. But, after about a few days it isn't that heavy.
For me, it was like a normal period for about 2 weeks and then it was just random spotting until about 5 weeks postpartum.

Everyone is different, though....
February 10th, 2010, 12:26 PM
lilflower
I never wore maternity clothes with my DD, and I doubt I'll wear them this time. My pre pregnancy jeans still fit and button. Idk. Everyone is different. Also I just wore a pair of yoga pants after I had Lily that way it was tight enough to keep the pad in placve and I wasn't worried about ruining them. My periods are also really heavy so the bleeding after birth wasn't too bad. I guess because I was used to it? I only bled for about 2 weeks though and then wore a pantiliner just in case.
February 10th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was back in pre-pregnancy clothes the first week after birth. I did bleed heavily the first few days, but nothing that wasn't contained by doubling up pads.

Oh, and breast pads aren't spongy for the most part. Disposable ones are kind of similar to a maxi pad (but not as thick) where there is some cotton/absorbent material underneath a layer of mesh type fabric, or other fabric. Here's a link to some on Amazon just so you can see because my description sounds super strange: Breast pads

February 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't bleed a lot like some. The first two days were heavy, but after that it was only if I overdid it. And even then it was just like the first day or so of your period. I never stained my clothes or my sheets. I also never wore the big diaper pads. I just used STAYFREE Overnight Ultra Thin With Wing.In face, after about 2 weeks I was just wearing panty liners. As far as getting back into my clothes, it took me a few weeks. I just lived in yoga pants or sweats with my younger two. My oldest was born in the summer, so I just wore shorts with elastic (soffe shorts mainly). You can also buy cloth breast pads. They are pretty comfy, but some people leak too much.

February 10th, 2010, 01:11 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bleed the first couple days heavily and after that it was only like a regular period for me which is pretty light. It usually takes awhile to fit back into your old clothes, a few weeks at least. Breast pads are just soft cotton pads, you can get disposable or washable - not like a make up sponge, more like a cotton ball. My favorites were the lansinoh ultra soft disposables.

February 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only dropped 1 lb after leaving the hospital because I was SOO swollen. I LIVED in those cotton gauchos from Target during my pregnancy with Kinley-so I just wore those home with a cute top (that was really flowy) and it looked nice and not "blah"

I did bleed a lot...but while you are at the hosp, they will give you extra thick pads to wear, and even a few to take home. Then I just wore the super overnight ones--I bled for a good 4 weeks, but by the end it wasn't really heavy. I never had to worry about bleeding everywhere. While in the hosp, I just wore the hosp gown-so I didn't have to worry about that-plus the nurses come in and change your pads out every few hours (mine did anyways because I had a csection). For the most part I just lived in cotton shorts or lounge pants while I was at home.

Bra pads aren't uncomfortable, once you start wearing them you won't even know they are there. But if you put the nipple cream on your nipples, just be easy when you are taking off the breast pads because they tend to stick to them. Once they are full of milk, they get squishy like when a diaper has pee in it...and they get heavy. When my milk first came in I was changing my bra pads out quite often.

February 10th, 2010, 04:17 PM
TeamNick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wore regular clothes home. Like Mylene I am one of those lucky people who actually lose weight while pregnant.

Mommy to Evie and Isla Marie

February 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I think it took me about 2 weeks to get into one pair of jeans that I had, but the rest of my clothes took about 10 weeks. While nursing, I didn't lose much weight other than about 15 pounds the first week or so after birth.

As for bleeding, I think I bled for about 6-7 weeks. I tend to have a long AF anyway, so that didn't shock me. The heavy bleeding lasted about 3 weeks for me, then switched to medium flow for 2 weeks, and then it was pretty light for the last little bit. I was able to take home lots of heavy pads from the hospital that got me through those heavy weeks. I never had any leaking so I never worried about what I was wearing.
February 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
Shelley...you were back in pre-preg clothes a week later? Did you do anything special during your pregnancy to make that happen?!

Details please.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search