Contraction fun

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 01:36 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Call them Braxton Hicks, call them real contractions, call them what you will but I had a mess of them today. Usually I've been getting one, maybe two in the evenings. Today at 9:30am on my way to class I had one in the car, it was bad enough that I reclined my seat a little more thinking my maternity jeans were somehow cutting into my belly? Which is silly because they fit, but for some reason that's what I thought it was. Then I had another. Ouch.

All through my 2 hour class I had pretty regular contractions about 3-5 minutes apart. My belly got tight and my right side hurt from my side and wrapped around to under my belly. I was freaking out a little bit. I got home, chugged a ton of water and laid down and after about an hour they lessened and finally went away. But man...that was interesting.

I don't remember that EVER happening before when I was pregnant so it kind of freaked me out. Then I looked up stuff online and read that it's normal when you've had multiple pregnancies.

So my hubbie gets home this afternoon and I'm wiped out and a little sore (felt like I got an ab workout!) and he just said "Yeah...that's normal"

This bothered me for some reason...lol. I'm like...well I've been pregnant before and it's never happened to me so for me it's not normal. Have YOU experienced it before? LOL Poor hubbie.

Has anyone else had this happen? I also read that it can keep happening the entire later part of your pregnancy. How annoying would that be? That was the longest 4 hours of my pregnancy so far. Yuck.
February 10th, 2010, 01:43 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been having them non stop for 3 days!! After going through "Real Labor" I know that they are not the cervix moving contractions, they have no real pattern for more than an hour or so and they will lesson or stop if I chug a ton of water.......but man the buggers hurt!! I am really feeling wiped out and sore from them! Part of my problem too is Eli is going through a growth spurt so my tummy is stretching and really sore anyways, add the contractions and it is like trying to run with a charlie horse!
Definitely keep an eye on them though and no matter what other people say, if you feel like somethings up, CALL YOUR DOC!!!! Hope you feel better!!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry. Welcome to the club. I've been having them for a couple weeks and it sucks.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

February 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It helps knowing I'm not the only one. Three days would drive me crazy though! I bet you are tired.

Mine didn't feel like the real thing and even though they went on a while I wanted to wait until I was out of class and had a chance to relax before I panicked and called the doc.

I'm wiped out now too, and my hubbie doesn't understand why I'm so tired.
February 10th, 2010, 01:52 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I have. Since I've had so many pregnancies I get them quite a bit around now for the duration of the pregnancy. It is rather annoying espicially when they come more frequently than what the "allowed" number is. Yet, if I were to lay down each time then I'd be laying around all the time! My midwife finally just said I just have a really irritable uterus after so many pregnancies. The rule I make for myself if that as long as they just feel like tightening then I don't stress too much. If they change to a period like feeling then I worry.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search