I've been cleaning like crazy!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
And now I am sooooo sore! I just did the short warm-up exercise video that has been helping my sciatica and back pain, because I felt like I couldn't move! It seems to have helped a little. And I think I deserve a rest now! I did three loads of laundry, cleaned out the bottom of my closet (which was a HUGE task! ), and after I rest a bit I'm going to do the dishes.

I just really wish I could get started on the nursery!! I can't right now, because the TV that we got for my younger sister for Christmas is STILL sitting in that room, waiting for someone to come and haul it away (it's a tube TV, a big heavy 42-inch screen). Once that big hulking thing is out of the way, I can FINALLY tackle the nursery! I think that that will help me feel a little more prepared.

So who else has been "nesting" recently? And how in the world did you feel afterwards?? Can I please go curl into a ball and die now?

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
I have been majorly cleaning, etc! I have organized every closet, etc. I don't know if it's nesting or just my being OCD but my house is definitely neater than it has ever been before! I literally clean my toilets and counters every single day!

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
February 10th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Before I can clean the way I want to, we need a lot more storage space, too, so that's another thing that I have to wait on buying! This stupid snowstorm has made going out to the store and shopping a near impossibility. And DH's work schedule has flip-flopped this week, and now it looks like I'll have to wait until Saturday to buy a new dresser and those little plastic storage containers that act like dressers. THEN I can get all of DH's clothes out of the nursery closet (I take up all the space in our bedroom closet, LOL, so he was forced to keep his things in there. But now that's Caleb's room!)

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I just scratched another "nest-to-do" off my list! I cleaned and organized our linen closet. This past weekend I did the same w/my walk-in bedroom closet. I have everything organized, even down to having my "maternity clothes" section (which is like 4 tops and 3 pants, not a lot, lol). I even organized my shirts that I could possibly use for nursing and have them in my "possible nursing clothes section"

So yes, I think nesting has begun!!

February 10th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Wow, Kristin! That's a lot more organized than I am! The most my closet gets organized is seasonally: winter to summer, and all dresses together in their own section. As long as things are in an orderly place and look clean, I feel satisfied. However, since DH is incapable of even maintaining his own closet (I swear every time that I go in there, once-folded clothes are lying all over the place in a messy heap), I'm going to get a label gun and label the drawers according to what goes in them. Hopefully that'll help keep him organized.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 10th, 2010, 07:27 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I had it, but now its gone.
February 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It seems to come and go with me. I think if I didn't work I would get a lot more of the cleaning and organizing done. Its just that by the time I get home from teaching all day, make dinner, and do my cardio, all I want to do is relax on the couch. On the weekends I have been busy with projects like putting furniture together, installing our closet system, making Chase's letters, etc. I am hoping that over the next 8 weeks or so I will start nesting even more so I can get the whole house more organized, not just the baby's stuff. I want to organize the kitchen cabinets again as well as our guest room and just get everything nice and clean!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 11th, 2010, 01:58 AM
I've been cleaning my kitchen like crazy lately. I've embarked on a new project and that is to give our little breakfast nook a face lift, all because of this little picture: DinettesUSA.com: Dinette COLORS: Miranda 5 Piece Espresso Dinette Set By Acme Furniture:{PAGE}

It's made me obsessed! (Although, I've been known to be get obsessed with cleaning once in a while).
February 11th, 2010, 07:06 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you motivated mommies come to my house? I saw dusty furniture the other day and shrugged it off for the first time ever. I get in these crazy cleaning moods once a week and then I go into a lazy coma for the rest of the week.

I'm usually an obsessive cleaner, but right now I just want to nap and rest and not care.
February 11th, 2010, 07:55 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going crazy over here because I WANT to clean, but I've been told by the doctor not to....just reading about how clean and organized everyone else is is making me feel like I need to be doing something! I was the same, I'd go into crazy cleaning mode and then ache for a full day afterwards...try not to overdue it!

Over the weekend, I was supposed to paint the nursery, now I won't be able to, and that is going to drive me insane too...I'm hoping my DH feels up to it and doesn't mind me supervising because I may go insane if it goes undone because my baby shower is next weekend already and I NEED the room to be painted before we bring all the stuff home!

February 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM
lilflower
Lisa! I'm with you! I have the nesting urge, but I'm not allowed to get out of bed for more than bathroom breaks
February 16th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Girls, don't force yourself if you can't clean. Your health and your baby's are more important than a clean house. Not to scare you, but it took months before I got a clean house after the baby---and that's OK.

(... years after, I redecorated my home. At least, started to. My first purchase? SectionalOutlet.com: SECTIONAL COLORS: 3pcs Sectional Sofa Set with Ottoman in Hazelnut Finish:{PAGE} ... my husband's gift!)
February 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Mrs_Hub's Avatar Veteran
I had planned to relax and enjoy my 3 day weekend this past weekend and instead spent most of it cleaning, reorganizing and cleaning some more. I didn't necessarily want to, but the urge was so strong that every little thing out of place made me crazy lol.

February 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
All the major tasks are done now, and since they are, I don't know what to do, and it's driving me even more crazy! I just feel like I SHOULD be doing something, but I can't think of what to do without needing other people's help. What I DID manage to scratch off my to-do list are

~cleaning and reorganizing the linen closet
~getting rid of the used baby changer station from the nursery that I decided not to keep (it was given to us, and wasn't in the best of condition)
~cleaning out the "junk drawer" in the kitchen
~moving the computer desk from the nursery to our bedroom (I really should have waited for help with this)
~moving the small bookshelf from the nursery to the living room
~cleaning out the bottom of my closet
~looking through all my and DH's clothes to pick out the ones we didn't want anymore in order to save space, and then donated all those old clothes to Goodwill (along with a bunch of older pairs of shoes and purses)
~purchasing a used dresser for our bedroom, and some of those stacked plastic organizer drawers, to move all of DH's clothes out of the nursery closet (I take up all the space in our bedroom closet, LOL)

I feel better with all those things done, and the things which are left to do include:

~moving a huge, heavy 42-inch TV out of the nursery that we got for my little sister for Christmas, and it's been sitting there ever since (the weather's been too bad to get it out)
~treating all the carpets and vacuuming
~washing all the baby clothes
~ordering the crib and getting the nursery set up (which will mostly have to wait till after the baby shower)
~moving the 10-gallon fishtank out of the nursery and into the kitchen

WHEW!! lol

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
February 16th, 2010, 01:09 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
I want to clean but due to certain circumstances I won't. I asked my bf's sister if I could go to her house while she was at work and clean her place. She said no . Her and her **** OCD! Everything has to be done a certain way so she said she'd just redo what I did.

I can't wait to do my laundry this weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search