Had another u/s today

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had another ultrasound today. Baby girl is still measuring 2 weeks ahead. She is currently weighing around 4lb 13ozs. My son was born at 34 weeks weighing 4lb 14ozs. So she is almost the same size as he was.

So there was some good news. She is no longer breach!!! yeah! so glad about that. I was so worried (especially after what happened to my friend in December). I'm also not dilated and not effaced.

And with the good news there was some concerning news (really making me nervous). She has dropped. Really dropped. Her head is in my pelvic bone (which is why my pelvic bone has been hurting the past 4 or 5 days). So she is in the ready to come position. This REALLY makes me nervous. I'm only 32 weeks today. I really want her to wait until March to come. I really don't want another 34 weeker in the hospital. I'm still on modified bedrest, but I'm thinking I'm going to go more strict on the bedrest than I have been on. I really don't want to do anything to cause her to put more pressure on my cervix to cause it to dilate and cause my water to break. My high risk doctor just told me that they are going to have to keep an eye on her position. She didn't think she would go back into the breach position, but we just have to watch for dilation.

So this appointment didn't really help my nerves any. I know my little girl woud be fine if she were born at 34 weeks (assuming I can make it at least that long), but with a 2 year old it would be hard to have 1 at home and 1 in the hospital.
February 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Oh dear, I hope she stays in until at least March for you! Glad you got to see her today though, that is always exciting!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

February 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I hope she stays put a little bit longer!! Will you be having any fFN testing done to determine if you're water may break soon?
February 10th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylene169 View Post
I hope she stays put a little bit longer!! Will you be having any fFN testing done to determine if you're water may break soon?
I'm supposed to have my regular OB visit tomorrow. I'm definitely going to be asking for a FFN test to help calm my nerves.
February 11th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Let us know how that goes and I agree w/you--I would stay in bed a lot more now too, just to play it safe.

February 11th, 2010, 07:04 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope things stay cooking for some time still. It's amazing to think that your baby is so big already though isn't it? I agree with you about the bedrest. Relax as much as you can and try not to worry too much. Good thing she's not breech, but sorry she's torturing your pelvis...lol.
February 11th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope she keeps baking for you! I'd definitely be resting more and trying to relax.

February 11th, 2010, 07:15 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
I hope she stays in there for a bit longer!!Good luck and KUP!
February 11th, 2010, 07:25 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah for baby girl measuring well. I know it's hard, but try not to worry. It's especially hard when you've delivered early before. I know with Dean, at 34w I was 2cm dilated and we kinda freaked. At 37w I was 3-4 cm and they ended up inducing me 2 days before his due date!

I'm so glad you're not dilated or effaced at all. That's great news so far! I agree - do as little as possible over the next few weeks. Has your doc said anything about getting steroid shots? Just curious - I think it's probably borderline as to whether it would help (my doc said they haven't been shown to do much good after 34w). I'm sending you tons of T&Ps that she stays in as long as possible and can avoid the NICU at all costs!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 11th, 2010, 07:33 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stay put baby girl!! KUP on your appointment today.

February 11th, 2010, 07:44 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope she stays put a bit longer! Take it easy and update us on your progress, we'll all be thinking of you and your little girl!

February 11th, 2010, 08:02 AM
I was supposed to have an appointment this afternoon at 3:45 with my OB. But it got canceled because of the snowy weather. It's supposed to get worse this afternoon so they closed their office. The appointment has been rescheduled for Monday afternoon. I'm going to ask her to do the FFN test. I hadn't thought about the steroid shots. I was given 2 steroid shots while in the hospital with my son. Maybe she'll go ahead and give me 1 just in case something were to happen.
February 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Wow, she is measuring really well! SO sweet! I really hope that she can continue to bake though. Hope everything goes well with your appt. monday.
February 11th, 2010, 08:33 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Charlie was dropped and pressing against my cervix and ready to go at 22 weeks. 5 weeks later he is still hanging in there
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search