When are you packing your bag anyway?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With ds I packed the night before my induction. With dd I woke up in labor at 37 weeks and packed really quickly right then.

I'm thinking this time I'll pack a little sooner. Like by 35-36 weeks.

What are your plans?

February 11th, 2010, 05:02 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I've picked up a few little travel sized things, started a list of stuff I want to take... I've been thinking about getting a bag out of the attic soon and starting to put some things in it and my list on top. I'd like just about everything ready by 35-36wks... bag included.

I also have a huge list of things I need to get ready that I should get on, need the dogs proof of vacs so they can be boarded so I dont' have to worry about them while I'm there, need to get extra water made for my fish tanks so DH can add as needed, need to teach him how to check the tanks and care for them, get things all ready for DD and my MIL etc. My DH barely knows where I keep garbage bags since I run the whole house around here, have lots and lots of lists and directions I need to leave! Guess I better get a move on eh? LOL
February 11th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You definitely need to get busy

My dh stayed home for just one week when I had dd. He did everything that week that I normally do the way I do it. I gave him all the directions he needed. He was exhausted and ready to go back to work after that. LOL He's so dreading this.

February 11th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm just going to start adding things now and pick up things here and there. I'm so bored that I have a feeling my bags will be packed by this weekend, lol. I feel like aside from my baby shower in march, I'm just waiting now...even my "nest-to-do" list is almost completed. I've been stuck inside for the past two days b/c of snow and have been tackling a lot from that list.

I know w/future pregnancies my life will be in chaos, so I guess I should enjoy these last couple weeks.

February 11th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't expect to deliver early (DD was a week late,) and I didn't bring much to the hospital last time, so probably around 37 weeks. All I really need is a couple of changes of clothes for me and the baby and some toiletries. We were only there 24 hours after the baby was born last time.
February 11th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Shelli1981's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Shelli1981
i'm going to start this weekend..

February 11th, 2010, 06:23 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'll have it packed by 35 weeks.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
February 11th, 2010, 06:32 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been getting things together. Packing my bag has been on my mind. I tend to go early so I plan on working on it. It takes me awhile to pack, so I will start working on it next week or so.

February 11th, 2010, 06:33 AM
MichelleN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Based on the sonogram I had yesterday I am going to probably going to start getting my bag ready this weekend. I'm going to try to convince my doctor to do the FFN test on me today, but I still want to get my bag ready just in case. When i went into labor with my son I didn't have my bag packed yet. I had to have my husband make a lot of trips to the house for different things.
February 11th, 2010, 06:55 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't want to pack away my maternity clothes I might want to wear for the next 9 weeks or so. I was thinking of getting some new stuff to pack away, but it would probably get ruined. Who knows...

I have started thinking about stuff for my daughters bag though a lot. She's 10 and since my family is 5 hours away there's a good chance she'll have to have a sleepover at the neighbors when I go into labor. I don't want her to feel left out, so I want to get her a bag with a couple cute new outfits, a book she's been wanting, and maybe a new Nintendo DS game. I've put more thought into getting her ready than I have for myself!

I'll probably pack the baby bag after my baby shower early next month. My stuff should be easy to grab and go, but I'll make a dozen checklists before then so I don't forget anything if I go in a rush.
February 11th, 2010, 07:07 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I won't pack my bag until about 35 weeks. April weather can be really unpredictable here (anywhere from the low 80s to high 60s) so it makes it tough to decide what going home clothes I should put in. I'm not too worried about packing for Lily. I'm assuming that my parents will just stay at my house while I'm in the hospital. They live down the street anyway so it's not hard for them to get some clothes and diapers for her if they take her to their house.
February 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm actually going to start putting things together as I see them or think of them!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 11th, 2010, 08:57 AM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Im not planning on doing that until about 34-36 weeks. Im excited to pack the baby's bag!
February 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to have everything ready to go by 35 weeks, car seat in the car, diaper bag packed and labor & delivery overnight bag done.

February 11th, 2010, 01:09 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Kinley..I had a few things ready, but I had plenty of time during labor while I was still at home to get all the extra things. Plus DH would go home and get what I forgot (we lived like 15 min from the hosp)

Now we live like 5 min from the hosp--and I'll be having a csection, so I'll just pack it the week I go for my csection. DH will be able to come home if I forget anything, or I can send my mom to my house to get things, since she'll have Kinley with her and will probably have to get things for her too. That's another bag I'll have to pack lol-one for Kinley for a couple of nights.

February 11th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Kodithegirl's Avatar Super Mommy
We live an hour away from the hospital, so having DH come home to pick stuff up is not a great option. I'll probably start my list next week and have it all completely packed by 35 weeks. I still have to make the car seat cover before I can get it in the car, so that will probably be a bit before I can get that finished.

I have been thinking about what I want to pack for DS, though. He is staying with my parents who live 2 minutes away from my house, but I still want to make it a super fun experience for him, too. I don't know what to pack for him, though, other than clothes...any ideas?

We just re-worked everything! Completely new fabric options, Slings, 6 new bedding options, Custom vinyl wall decals, and much much more!! $5 off for any justmommies.com forum members!!

February 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
Im going to by 35-36 weeks, too....juuuust in case. This is 3 rd baby and he seems to do everything differently than his 2 big brothers SO I figure I better plan ahead JUST in case he decides to come early & on his own!!
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM
SerendipitysChild's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a basic bag already packed but it is more of my "emergency labor" bag so over the next few weeks I need to pick up the last few things I need and make a couple of labor relaxation CD's off my ipod. I haven't packed anything for baby so I think I'll pack his diaper bag for fun this weekend!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my fabulous fall siggy!
February 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'll work on it the first week of March. I know I'm taking a lot less than I did when DD was born though! I want to get a new set of pajamas, or at least a new pair of comfy pants and some new nursing tanks to take with me. Things I need anyway... I'll pack one diaper bag for Kaija in case she needs to stay across the street with the neighbors until my parents get to town and one bag for Kolbie to take to the hospital with me. The car seat will go in the car the same week! So 2 more weeks of procrastinating then it's on!
February 12th, 2010, 07:03 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i will pack in a few weeks i usually have it done by 30 weeks, i am being lazy this time round lol

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search