What are you ladies cooking tonight?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's cold here and I'd love some stew but all I have is hamburger meat and chicken. Dh prefers stew meat or steak in his stew.

I have no clue what I'm cooking.

February 11th, 2010, 11:41 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
You're far better off then I am! We got close to 2' of snow yesterday and I'm beyond snowed in, of course I didn't go shopping this week so DD and I are down to noodles and peanut butter and eggs... DH has been out of town since last Saturday and is due late tonight though there is NO way he'll get into our driveway so he might either stay at the airport hotel so he can come home tomorrow when its light and dig out the driveway or park down the street and walk... crazy! I'm so craving some sort of meat/protein!!!
February 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sloppy Joes, I am being lazy

February 11th, 2010, 11:53 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm craving something cheesy, so I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches with spicy potato wedges.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
February 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm making Kung Pao Chicken.

February 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bought some boneless/skinless chicken thighs but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I'm leaning towards oven-fried chicken.

February 11th, 2010, 12:14 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its still snowing here, but we are going to open up the Steak House anyways. My dad has a big duely dodge truck so he's coming to get me (I live in town, the steak house is 5 miles out of town and thats where its snowing/icy the most lol) because they don't want me driving out there....so I'll be having something from there.

If I wasn't going to work, I have fozen lasagna or frozen shrimp/pasta meals in the freezer---we like to keep easy frozen meals at the house so when I don't feel like "cooking" I can just pop these in the oven or skillet.

February 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DondraB View Post
Its still snowing here, but we are going to open up the Steak House anyways. My dad has a big duely dodge truck so he's coming to get me (I live in town, the steak house is 5 miles out of town and thats where its snowing/icy the most lol) because they don't want me driving out there....so I'll be having something from there.

If I wasn't going to work, I have fozen lasagna or frozen shrimp/pasta meals in the freezer---we like to keep easy frozen meals at the house so when I don't feel like "cooking" I can just pop these in the oven or skillet.
I'd love a good steak right now So you guys own a steak house or you just manage it?

February 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
I dont even know. I havent cooked a real meal in about 2 months! Its usually something fast or either take out.
I can really go for some beef stew right now though. Mmmmm. Bf wants to eat out but I dont want to, but I also dont feel like cooking. Im just a lazy bum right now.
February 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda C View Post
I'd love a good steak right now So you guys own a steak house or you just manage it?

My parents own it and I manage it They've always wanted to open up a steakhouse and a soda shoppe-like old-timey. They live 5 miles out of town on the land my dad grew up on ......and the actual steak house is a house that was my grandpa's friends' house when they got married! It was in the pasture across from my parents house-so my dad (who is a builder) moved it down to the highway and gutted it and turned it into a steak house--it has all the original floors and walls, then he added on for the kitchen (its all brand new) and an extra room on the side. Then he had gotten the community center from the cemetary thats next door a few years ago (turned it into a rent house on their land-then gutted it and turned it into the Soda Shoppe) and put it next to the steak house-built a wood porch that goes all around the steakhouse and soda shoppe and connects them together...and put in like an old timey soda shoppe counter, with the marble counter top, mirrors behind the counter --then we won an old soda fountain off ebay and they went to get it in Indiana! (they have another soda fountain that they had built into their house! ) Its all really old timey-we only sell bottled sodas or fountain sodas...with the syrup and carbonated water that is mixed by hand...then the milk shakes, homemade vanilla and banana ice cream, all homemade pies, cakes, cupcakes, etc. The soda shoppe is my mom's side-so she is in charge of that-and decorated it, and the steak house side is my dad's side they go to all sorts of auctions and stuff and found the decor for it..all old and original stuff. THEN, we just opened a 'banquet room' which is the actual house that my dad was brought home from the hospital in-he gutted it and its a huge buiding that we can hold rehearsal dinners or big parties. Then he has old portable school buildings that he gutted and made into a saloon-with old wood floors and an old bar-he sells beer/wine/cokes, and a general store-which is like a mini museum, then a sherrifs office/jail-hes working on getting actual jail bars for this

He's very creative lol and we've been open since last april 2 and have done really well! The steaks are to die for-as is everything else...heaven for a pregnant girl! (esp being the owners daughter! lol) I just ring up tickets, handle the money and manage the waitstaff, etc....really easy and really fun!!!

Sorry that's so long haha....but its really neat and everyone has loved it! Since its snowing so hard right now, my dad was going to come get me and take me to work (since no one else knows how to run the register since me--ive had one day off since we opened! lol) but they don't want to chance anything so they are just going to hand write the tickets...so i have the night off! So looks like its either tuna, lasagna or pasta/shrimp for dinner for us tonight!

February 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
That sounds really neat! I had to Google it after I read your post. It looks like your almost 300 miles away from me though. Way too far to go for a steak

February 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
lol thanks! it really is! but yea its quite a ways away for you!

February 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
dondra, your steakhouse/soda shoppe sound awesome! now i am craving homemade pie and steak.

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
February 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are having lasagna. BC I have a gas range/oven and cooking in the oven makes the house even warmer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DondraB View Post
lol thanks! it really is! but yea its quite a ways away for you!
You are only two hours away from me. We might have to go visit the steakhouse after my LO gets here. Its been awhile since I have been to Stephenville.

February 11th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took my graduate comprehensive exams, so I planned for comfort food! Haha! Homemade baked macaroni and cheese with a whole bunch of different cheeses...yummmmmy.

February 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyfromTexas View Post
We are having lasagna. BC I have a gas range/oven and cooking in the oven makes the house even warmer....

You are only two hours away from me. We might have to go visit the steakhouse after my LO gets here. Its been awhile since I have been to Stephenville.

That would be awesome!!!! We've had people come from Dallas to eat here! lol Not sure how they found out about us, but glad they did!

February 11th, 2010, 03:41 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
we had baked bbq chicken, baked potatoes and sweet corn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search