When was your last baby shopping spree?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2010, 02:32 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
what did you buy?
when are you due for another?
I love love love and absolutely LOVE shopping for baby. This to me is one of the funnest parts of pregnancy. I know some of you ladies are waiting for your shower to start your shopping. Im having none so I have to do all of the fun shopping myself.

This week so far I've bought and ordered...

My breastpump
baby bathtub
a new nursing cover for my brestfriend pillow
7 sleepers
3 outfits
2 thermal recieving blankets
2 packs of onesies (10 in all)
3 really cute bibs

Im gonna beable to buy all of my big items next week or even this weekend!!
I need the crib
dresser
stroller
swing
glider and ottoman
changing table
and Im not sure Im gonna get a pack n play this go round
Other than that, a few more outfits and acessories and I am DONE DONE DONE!! Woooohoo!
February 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last Friday I bought my travel system, baby bedding and clothes. I hope to get my crib this weekend.

February 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Just 10 mins. ago!! I am on such a high right now--I love Babies R Us...I am SOO excited for her now!!! I wanted to buy so many clothes, b/c they have spring stuff out now, but I decided to wait until my shower. I really wanted to buy some onsies, b/c Carter's onsie's are 50% off, and they are expensive to begin with...but I didn't.

I DID buy some "just in case" items, since my shower is at 36 weeks and I just really want to be prepared come March 1st.

I bought:

-2 glass bottle Born Free 5 oz.
-2 packs of Tommy Tee (or whatever it's called) binkies...all of their stuff is buy one get one half off...so 4 binkies total. One to store in her diaper bag, one for upstairs, one for downstairs and one backup.
-Box of Lanolish (sp?) super soft breast pads
-Tube of Lanolish cream
-one bassinet sheet in pink (again, just so I have it just in case)

I am not going to put a lot of pressure on feeding, so I am going to try and nurse, and if I love it and it works out, I will take it from there. But I also wanted to have some bottles on hand just in case.

I love shopping!!!

February 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everytime I go shopping I tend to grab something for Karsyn....but its so hard to buy for her because all I really NEED is diapers..its easier to just buy things for Kinley since she is here now lol.

I can justify spending under $5 on something for karsyn..like clothes and stuff since she doens't need a lot of new clothes. I'm waiting til after my showers to see what else I need...(sit n stand stroller, baby mattress, extra carseat base, etc)

I went to Target 2 weeks ago and stocked up on bra pads, lansinoh cream, gel soothing inserts, baby lotion, baby shampoo, baby bath wash, wipees and diapers for Kinley. But that was the last major shopping trip I've been on..I'm due for another one soon!!!!

February 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been a while but feeling the urge! We have quite a bit of clothes and blankets and stuff but I would like to get another crib sheet a cute hamper a baby tub and some bottles and pacifiers. Maybe this weekend
February 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_the_Shoes View Post
Just 10 mins. ago!! I am on such a high right now--I love Babies R Us...I am SOO excited for her now!!! I wanted to buy so many clothes, b/c they have spring stuff out now, but I decided to wait until my shower. I really wanted to buy some onsies, b/c Carter's onsie's are 50% off, and they are expensive to begin with...but I didn't.

I DID buy some "just in case" items, since my shower is at 36 weeks and I just really want to be prepared come March 1st.

I bought:

-2 glass bottle Born Free 5 oz.
-2 packs of Tommy Tee (or whatever it's called) binkies...all of their stuff is buy one get one half off...so 4 binkies total. One to store in her diaper bag, one for upstairs, one for downstairs and one backup.
-Tube of Lanolish cream
-one bassinet sheet in pink (again, just so I have it just in case)

I am not going to put a lot of pressure on feeding, so I am going to try and nurse, and if I love it and it works out, I will take it from there. But I also wanted to have some bottles on hand just in case.

I love shopping!!!
I went to Babies R Us wednesday. They had a pretty good sell on clothes too. Buy one get one half off. I did a little shopping online at khols this morning (they have a 2 for $12 sale on sleepers, cute ones too!)
February 11th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I seriously shop almost daily for Lily and the new baby. I'm a shopaholic, but I'm lucky that we can afford it and that DH pays the bills without saying anything! I already have 2 huge tubs of clothes for the new baby, not counting any of Lily's old clothes and I'm set to buy a ton more stuff from Gymboree next week.

I've pretty much only been buying clothes because we have all of the gear from Lily still and my SIL is buying us a double stroller.

February 11th, 2010, 03:53 PM
ShellieBenson's Avatar Veteran
hahaha I love reading about everyones shopping, its SO FUN!!! Last week I ordered his changing table, changing pad, and changing pad covers, and they came Monday! SO Monday night we put it all together & up and then we had friends give us some (VERY NICE!!) baby clothes, bibs, socks, hooded towels and shoes sooooooooo I have been spending this week washing and organizing them!!

Last night I found these GREAT green boxes that match his lime green for his changing table - and i thought they would be great instead of baskets, which I orignally planned! Well, they ROCK, so I called my hubby and asked him to pick up more on the way home ( at 2:30am, LOL!) and he did! So today I got out my Label Maker and labels them all and put stuff in them!!! LOVE IT!!

This weekend we are getting his Swing and prooobably the baby monitor my hubby wants to get (he researched and has one in mind).

I'm hoping we have time to hang up the stuff on his walls this weekend but its gonna be pretty busy, so it might have to wait one more week, eeeks! I'm so anxious, Im having SOOOOOO much fun with his room!!!

OH and I almost forgot!!! I have been buying him all sorts of things for his upcoming photo-shoots ( poor baby has NO chance with a photographer mommy!!!) BUT I have bought him like ummm 4 hats on Etsy.com this week, LOL!!! I have GOT to stop, but once he grows out of them I can use them at the studio for client babies, so its OK!!! (seeeeee me justify my addiction?!)
DS - Luke
DS Matthew Joshua - born 4-19-2010
8:17am | 8lbs 8.6oz | 20 inches long

Family BLOG! http://jeremiahlukematthew.blogspot.com/
~Shellie Benson Photography~
www.shelliebenson.com
February 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today, and now I am official DONE! We have everything we need for baby!

Today I bought burp cloths, organic boppy covers (2), and a seat protector that goes under the car seat. My parent's just told me last night that they bought the organic crib mattress that I wanted - - YAY!!! So now everything is bought. Those were the last things on my list.

February 11th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am soo jealous! We have yet to really go on a shopping spree. We want to but my rational mind is telling me to wait until after the shower. But I am kind of sick listening to my rational mind, to be honest!! lol
February 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM
^^I think you deserve to treat yourself for a day and buy something for baby. Its sooo fun and can quickly become a habit, you've been warned, heehee.
When is your shower? I would not beable to hold out if I were you.
February 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM
emmabear's Avatar Super Mommy
We're doing pretty well so far.

We have the nursery set up with a crib, a dresser, a changing table, a glider and an ottoman, and this fuzzy giraffe rug that i LOVE, and a bassinet in our room by our bed.

We ordered the stroller yesterday, and some stuff for the walls, like this really cute wall sticker mural thing that has jungle animals and says 'all creatures great and small' and these canvases with really cute animals painted on them. Oh and I ordered his mobile yesterday too!

We have a bunch of clothes, blankets and stuff like that too, so now it's fun just doing the finishing touches.

That said, I'm not having a shower because all of my friends and family are in Canada, so we better be prepared!!

Emily

www.themodernmommy.com
February 11th, 2010, 05:14 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We took advantage of the trade in event at BRU last weekend and bought our travel system-very exciting!!! I also ordered a Woombie which came in today and picked up a couple of those $3 pants at Wal Mart a couple days ago for when Chase is still pretty stationary. I don't know the quality of Wal Mart clothes but I figure they don't need to be that great for a newborn who can't hold his head up! A friend gave me my Bumbo seat on Sunday, and I got an unexpected baby gift from co-workers yesterday. It's been like Christmas around here!

I am so bad with the shopping too....I get addicted and I spend more than I should! I need to start watching things more carefully since I am going to be on maternity leave soon and not bringing home as big of a paycheck for some of my unpaid time off!

I seriously spend atleast an hour each night when I cant sleep browsing baby websites, it is such an addiction!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

February 11th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I seriously shop almost daily for Lily and the new baby. I'm a shopaholic, but I'm lucky that we can afford it and that DH pays the bills without saying anything! I already have 2 huge tubs of clothes for the new baby, not counting any of Lily's old clothes and I'm set to buy a ton more stuff from Gymboree next week.

I've pretty much only been buying clothes because we have all of the gear from Lily still and my SIL is buying us a double stroller.
Ditto. We are already done setting up the nursery and we have most of the bigger stuff left from Lily, but I shop for clothes for Lily and this baby almost constantly. You would probably all faint if I said how much I spend on kids clothes in a year. next week is the Baby Sale at Gymboree so I will buy a bunch more stuff for the baby then.
February 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have barely bought anything for Audrey!

Ever since I stopped working, we've been on a very tight budget, and we just had to spend $400 on our furnace, so we don't have a ton extra.

That being said, I've got a bit of Christmas money saved, so I might start buying a thing or two, if they're on sale.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 11th, 2010, 06:13 PM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_the_Shoes View Post
-Tube of Lanolish cream
You will love those Lansinoh products, I could not live with out either! The ultra soft breast pads are soo nice and nothing worked so well at soothing and healing my cracked nipples than the breast cream.

February 11th, 2010, 06:37 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We went a little nuts last weekend when we found out we are having a girl. But really it was just paint and some wall decor for her room. I did get a Little Sister onesie and a little dress on Clearance at BRU when I went to get diapers for Kaija. That's been it so far!! We're on a pretty tight budget too. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Hancock fabrics and get a pattern and fabric for her bedding and start working on that. But we need next to nothing, so there probably won't be any big shopping trips...
February 11th, 2010, 07:48 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been shopping quite a bit for this baby, which is something i haven't done in the past two pregnancies. Part of it is that we had a few items to replace that finally wore out from use and part of it is that shopping begets more shopping and I've gotten addicted.
My most recent purchases have been this past weekend.
I ordered a moby wrap online
ordered a newborn hat from www.briar.claire. so stinkin cute!
ordered a tons of baby clothes from babies r us online.
And, I got my lay-a-way out which had bedding, a few outfits, a first aid kit, three packs of newborn diapers, extra crib sheets, receiving blankets, a swaddling blanket and some onesies and a few baby toys.
Then I made a promise to myself to tone it down a bit. We do have 9 other children! I still need to buy a swing and a basinette or pack n play or moses basket. I have to keep reminding myself that I need one of these things- not all of these things!
Other than that I think we're about set. I do need to either buy a breastpump or figure out when my sister will need hers back.
I'm sure I'll pick up more cloths along the way too!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
February 11th, 2010, 09:43 PM
It sounds like everybody has been having fun! Im so excited about buying my crib and other items that I extra cleaned the whole house today!! I had BF in there scrubbing the bathroom walls and tub...heehee. Im redoing alot of the stuff in my apartment too so we had to make sure everything was clean and organized so i can start putting everything up when i shop this weekend!!! Im so excited! I wanna feel so organized when this baby gets here and have everything available at my fingertips without having to worry about...oh I need this, the baby needs that. Im gonna have 4 kids in as little as 8 weeks if I go at 37-38 weeks like I did with my other kids.
OMG OMG OMG!! I wish we had a 24 hr walmart close by...haha! Im feeling the urge!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search